Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835527 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1305 on: January 30, 2012, 07:29:27 am »

Oh, but you see good sir, the spikes arent purposed to be directed at the demons  ;)
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 30, 2012, 08:35:59 am »

Oh, but you see good sir, the spikes arent purposed to be directed at the demons  ;)

Don't demons have [trap-avoid] or something?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 30, 2012, 08:42:51 am »

...is this a good time to ask for a status update on my dorf? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 30, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

Of course, if you would be so kind as to tell me his name.

//Update//

Its the 22nd of Hematite.

Two migrants arrived today, coming from the montainhome. one is a farmer, another a milker. From a sealed letter they gave me (suposedly their imigration registry, given by the Dwarven Entity of Danger-Zone Imigration AKA: DEDZI), I understood that these were actualy jailed prisioners that, due to lack of available cells and the misterious disappearance of the apointed hammerer, were sent here to, and I quote, "forced work on the forges or serve as meatshields for protection or whatever you please, just make sure their busy dying". I enlish them under my personal squad "The Dabbling Shields". May their hands slash many throaths out.

We seem to be down to 14 military dwarves with this addition. 10 various melle skills and 4 marksdwarves. All of them damm recruits...

On a side note, the plans for the goblin batle-arena are complete, and the miners have begun construction. It will feature a large shooting range, special warrior lounges and large place for onlookers. Included will be repeating spike traps and death-holes, for when the crowd wants something difrent than mindless goblin slaugther. A drowning cell and magma-falls sistem is also planed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:19:05 pm by Mobotium »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 30, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »

Don't demons have [trap-avoid] or something?

Repeating spikes aren't affected by [TRAPAVOID].

Wait, if the spikes aren't aimed at the demons, why not just use weapon traps on the goblins? Made from salvaged goblin weapons? Unless there's some super awesome trap that requires spikes, weapon traps are far easier due to lack of friendly fire, additional mechanism placement and lever micromanagement.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 31, 2012, 01:39:14 am »

My dwarf's name ( If I was even re-dorfed since Eogonachta's turn ) is Baelor.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 31, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »

Wait, if the spikes aren't aimed at the demons, why not just use weapon traps on the goblins? Made from salvaged goblin weapons? Unless there's some super awesome trap that requires spikes, weapon traps are far easier due to lack of friendly fire, additional mechanism placement and lever micromanagement.

Cause menacing spikes are that much more awsome  :D

Besides, its a death arena, who DOESENT want friendly fire? also, I dont want the traps to be always on, their only to be used on ocasion...

My dwarf's name ( If I was even re-dorfed since Eogonachta's turn ) is Baelor.   

No dwarf with that name around here, what do you want to dwarfed as?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:47:20 pm by Mobotium »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 31, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »

This is STILL GOING ON? Seriously?

Is it too late to get dorfed? If not, dorf me in, if you please, as Krosan. If I get a choice of profession, something highly dangerous and likely to result in hilarious death. Like, anything in this damn place.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:38:48 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »

Can I please be re-dorfed as Baelor...the Proud.  Please enlist him ( preferably a him ) into the military as a front line fighter, requests a good weapon, armor, and TRAINING. 

Please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:33 am »

Even after being mismanaged, invaded, scorched, driven to insanity, haunted, gutted, repopulated, invaded again, and scared shitless by a disembowled deer, this fortress is still going. It's like if a local vampire was chewing a clove of garlic and sipping holy water while sunbathing on the wooden roof of a church.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 01, 2012, 03:44:28 am »

Can I get redorfed as Eoganachta, profession military. thanks.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:54 am »

Kay;

Baelor - Profession "The Proud" - Dwarfed
You have full adamantine plate-armor, adamantine axe and a Steel Shield adorned with rings of whatever, hope thats good enough  :-X
Dont worry, I made sure you were a girl.
Not realy, just kidding.

Krosan - Dwarfed as a random axedwarf
Also, YOUR the one making all the wrong-justice announcement spam...  >:(

Eoganachta - Dwarfed as Stukud, that dwarf who survived the smoke early on in my rule AKA: the only one who actualy has any kind of military skills in this fort  :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:16:24 am by Mobotium »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:20 am »

That is awesome. I'm such a badass random jobber that I break the justice system.

Can you make my custom profession "Anarchist" now?

If you need to, you can execute Krosan (as hilariously as possible) to end the justice spam, in which case, just redorf as Krosan II, Anarchist. I won't mind.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:23:16 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:24 am »

Well, the 11+ pages of spam rigth now tell me that would be quite good indeed, however, we seem to have so few military dwarves that Il bear with it for now.

If I ever need someone to catch the atention of a few demons, you'l be top-of-the-list.

//Update//

Its the 1st of Galena.

"Alex the red", aparently one of our only doctors, was found today in his bedroom in hell. Aparently he commited suicide by not drinking. A shame, but I guess he was just a piss-tard in the end.

The arena´s construction progresses well. The area has already been dug-out and the smooters and haullers have moved in, pilling up the stone and preparing the walls to be engraved. Work is expected to be concluded in about 2 months. There is a delay in the copper-pike production tough, I allowed all furnace-operators to use the forges and make some more, in exchange for half a extra dose of ale a month. Idiots...

10th of Galena.

The Hell-Fort was atacked by a demon today, a steamy-thing. It was killed with no injuries and the kill goes to a random marksdwarf I dont realy remember.

12th of Galena.

Another steam whatever, it was taken out with no problem. Same Marksman kiled him, a headshoot this time.
I should reeealy close that bridge....

In other news, scouts report a human caravan has been sigthed, personaly, I couldent care less, since we dont seem to have a depot and Im not in the mood anyways.

14th of Galena.

We caught a snatcher today in one of the cage traps, good thing the arena is near completion...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:47:08 pm by Mobotium »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 02, 2012, 03:18:35 am »

Thanks for the dorfing. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 175