Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832650 times)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1320 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:59 am »

Eoganachta - Dwarfed as Stukud, that dwarf who survived the smoke early on in my rule AKA: the only one who actualy has any kind of military skills in this fort  :(

Thanks
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 02, 2012, 04:15:13 am »

Wait...my guy has no military skills? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 02, 2012, 05:06:43 am »

No one has, appart from that female dwarf I just mentioned.

In any case, Fun things are happening now, will update later...
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 02, 2012, 05:11:04 am »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE train up my dorf, adamantine weapons and shield is useless without the skill. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 02, 2012, 05:29:45 am »

Its my intention to train the military as much as possible in my turn, part of the reason Im building a arena too.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 02, 2012, 06:23:40 am »

YAY! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:59 am »

My turn's getting near... I also notice there's no-one after me on the list... That cant bode well...

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 02, 2012, 06:45:38 am »

Theres the previous overseer thingy, I supose those are part of the list, just they give priority to new players...

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 02, 2012, 12:20:01 pm »

I'll sign up for a turn, though with no experience with handling forts of this size in any kind of recent memory I can't promise much progress within that turn.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:29 pm »

Its the 22nd of Galena.

Two demons broke into the fort today, while the masons were instaling the new draw-bridge. The ensuing figth told us we were at a serious disavantage, something met first hand at the head of my battalion. We lost 3 dwarves almost imediatly, wile not doing even a scratch to the enemy, and I was contemplating having the masons wall us in, and dying a hero's death, when the demons suddently looked back at the entrance, as if sensing a force beyond our understanding, and started to walk back to the fort's perimeter, while we just standed there, dumbfounded.

I imediatly called the masons in order to wall-of the fort's entrance for now, at least untill we have a more experienced military, and went to check on what had happened to the demons. The scene in front of the gates, close to one of the glowing pits, was so fantasticaly retarded that I almost puked while lauphing. The demons had been lured out of their figth with us by a DUCK! I have absolutely no idea how that thing got there, but I just sit back and prepared to enjoy the show of that litle plumy thing geting blown apart by the oversized demoniac things. I got more than I wished for.

One of the demons charged the duck wich, somehow, dodged and tried to hit the demon with his leg. The demon managed to jump into the nearby glowing pit to dodge. The last we heard of him were his cries as he fell down the unending hole, semmingly unable to fly anymore... The other used his dust atack and managed to blow the duck to oblivion, but also project himself into a nearby slade slope and get himself cripled.

I got several things to conclude from this.

First: Good thing we sealed out the fort, since a damm duck was able to do more damage to 2 demons than our 14 soldiers, including myself.
Second: We sould use those ducks we have "stored" for some scouting work...
Third: I hate most demons. I still like those steamy things we killed before, their remains are great as blankets!

The aftermat of the batle:

We lost 3 soldiers in the melle department. All recruits, and better yet, one was that anoying pissant Krosan, the one always whyning in the dinning hall about how wrong our justice sistem was, that we couldent arrest animals. However, another damm pissant soldier started calling himself Krosan. I think we may be dealing with a unknow retardeness disease here...

Also, there seemed to be some side-effects from that dust atack the demons had...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damm things hitch like hell, dint seem to go away either, fuck's sake...

Also, it appears all the engravers were busy pissing their asses of in laugher and forgot to engrave pictures of the duck figth. I had them throwed into the duck pit for 1 hour as punishment, when they came back they coulden't even speak, good for them.

In other news, it seems there was a mass of goblin ambushes during the time I was on the hell fort, all were either killed or taken into the cages. More meat for the arena. Also, the human caravan was killed by one of the squads, whatever.

The arena is almost complete, the initial part atleast. I ordered the placement of the first of the spike traps, the first goblin prisioners and the other furniture. The time is soon to come, were the grounds of the arena will get their first drops of blood...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:31:52 pm by Mobotium »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 02, 2012, 04:28:32 pm »

You know something's wrong when the livestock has a better combat record than your military.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »

I got shown up by a fragging duck.

I got. Shown up. By a duck. A duck. A DUCK. A DUCK, A DUCKING DUCK, did more damage than me.

Fraggit, Noodle, clearly this is your fault for vicious torture of physics. Tampering with things beyond our ken has clearly come back to bite us in the form of Angry Physics. WE MUST SACRIFICE THE BATTEREY.

(I prefer that spelling. I think it's better.)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:08 pm »

Never retreat!  Never surrender!

If physics wants to be angry, then we need to get angry too!  Beat physics back into submission!  Deploy our own duck hordes to battle the ducks of the Angry Physics!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 02, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »

The sacrifice this duck has made must be commended. His name shall be praised forever in Hall of Bestial Legends. Alongside Paindeer, we shall also chant the name of Netherfowl, the great avian hero who struck down two demons singlehan- erm... wingedly! May his beak glisten with blood eternally!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 02, 2012, 06:27:33 pm »

Speaking of which, I grabbed a save and tried finding him. Did Paindeer wind up dying?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 175