Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832730 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1350 on: February 04, 2012, 09:27:12 am »

Ohhh, btw, it seems the duck got himself a special name! Other oveerseers can find his body by the glowing pit just south of the Hell-Fort. Aparently he was named "Stinthud Zegkel", whatever that means...

//Update//

Its the 12th of Sandstone.

Placement of the spikes and traps in the Arena goes well. As soon as the stone is cleaned-up and doors have been put in place, we can begin the games! Also, some random carpenter made a artifact Blood Torn weapon rack. I had it put on display in the warrior's lounge, it should go well with all the red thatīs gonna be covering the walls soon, aniways.

In other news, it seems that the human caravan managed to beat back the goblins! I am almost impressed. Also, they seem to be going mad and killing each-other now. Or maybe all that whyping is just some kind of sick game their playing, whatever.

Also, our military personal is finnaly reaching novice stats in axe-wielding. I hope to speed up this process once the arena is finnaly set-up.

22nd of Sandstone.

Two new migrants have arrived, take a wiiiiiiiild guess at the jobs appointed to them...
They were put in the military.

25th of Sandstone.

The new flesh-bags were just standing on the field. When I called them they told me they were really scared of the goblins. They told me of two random goblins who apparently survived the last ambushes by falling on top of some random pillars, and have stayed there since then with their legs broken and aparently living off eachother's blood and "other things"...

I resisted the urge to facepalm miself and sent in the marksdwarves. I dont have time to deal with the uter retardeness that seems to be proeminent among these damm pissants.

27th of Sandstone.

The Mayor proposed we should smelt some kind of trophy to award to the arena figthers. "it should be made out of platinum", he said. I ordered a platinum mug created, its not that bad an idea.

Good thing Im aparently not the only smart dwarf arround here afterall...

8th of Timber.

The goblins seem to be having fun dodging the bolts. On the brigth side, this seems to be good practice for our marksdwarves.

I have a idea tough, Il have the haullers discard some stone on top of them...

13th of Timber.

A caravan from our dwarven brothers has arrived! However, we have everithing we need, so whatever.

17th of Timber.

The dwarven merchants screams indicate a new goblin ambush, guess the flesh-bags are usefull for something afterall. I call the marksdwarves in, they will be positioned at the gates. They did manage to gain a large amount of training from sniping at those two goblins, mmm...

2nd of Moonstone.

Ambush is taken care of, we lost one one militia, one marksdwarf to them.

5th of Moonstone.

Despite me having revoked the orders to shoot at the pillar-gobos (as they shall be called from now on), some of our marksdwarves still go outside to take shoots at them durring training. I guess it became a popular sport or something...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:32:59 pm by Mobotium »
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 04, 2012, 10:54:52 am »

For some reason, I'm picturing the platinum mug having the words "Worlds Best Fighter" crudely painted on the side

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 04, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »

I've checked the raws - "Stinthud Zegkel" translates to "Theater Closets."

...My god, Darkwing Netherfowl was a closet thespian!
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 05, 2012, 04:06:04 am »

Looks like you need more people on your list. I've not read this whole thread, have no idea what's really going on, and am pretty bad at DF in general. If I survive, and the fort survives the turn, it will be likely to be much the worse for it, should my PC manage to keep a relatively playable 10fps. Count me in.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 05, 2012, 06:23:51 am »

Its the 2nd of Opal.

Some citizens are complaining of some liquid down at the hell fort that causes their feet to blister permanently on contact. I told them to take a good hard look at my physical condition, so they figure out why I call them a bunch of elf pussies.

3rd of Opal.

The comming of the first snow storm signals the oficial beginning of the winter. Soon Il be forced by tradition to step-down from power. Hereīs hopping the booze-sponges here manage to keep from totaly destroing this shyte...

20th of Opal.

One of the recruits, Dortimus, asked me about becoming the oficial Arena Master, and therefor be given the responsability of entertaining the masses on non-training days. I accepted, looking forward to his helpless face figthing a goblin squad on his own...

He was also given the bedroom I prepared as the warriors lounge, at the Arena proper.

Soon, the day shall come were the arena trully opens for business...

1st of Obsidian.

At last, the final doors are in place and all the stone is haulled away. This shall be, hopefully, the first of many times the arena shall taste the blood of the enemies of the dwarves!

//

I was unfortunatly unable to be present at the time of the figth, so I shall merely present you with the depictions and testemony of nearby engravers:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The lever is pulled, and the four goblins are freed.

What follows is the saga of six armoured dwarves following four goblins runnung arround the arena.

This is the result:

One unlucky dwarf got a broken ankle, other had a broken shoulder, nothing unfixable. Other than that, only small cuts and bruises were received, the gobos were not that lucky.

With the arena finnaly bathed in blood, I order the beggining of the engraving. This will probably be the only arena combat in my rule, but it was a good one.

1st of Slade.

Roghly one month till the end of my reign, the Arena is entering the final stages of its engraving, should be ready on time for the cerimony of the next ruller.

14th of Slade.

Migrants have arrived, 3 of them.

They were, put to work as axedwarves.

17th of Slade.

The Arena is now completely engraved, I begun preparation for another goblin figth, this time a marksdwarf shootdown. Should be fun.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:17:18 am by Mobotium »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 05, 2012, 06:30:10 am »

Oooh, getting close to my turn now...  I'm a little excited - This is my first turn in a community fortress. 

Mobotium, is the That Aussie Dwarf; Noticer of Things still alive?

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 05, 2012, 07:08:01 am »

Oooh, getting close to my turn now...  I'm a little excited - This is my first turn in a community fortress. 

Mobotium, is the That Aussie Dwarf; Noticer of Things still alive?

Yes he is, and he seems to be busy haulling the extra stone in the arena.
Good dwarf, good. You get extra booze today.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:37:57 am by Mobotium »

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:21 am »

Its the 1st of Felsite.

As tradition stands I give away my position to the one that shall command our fortress in the next year. Without furter ado, I give away the seat thats fitting of my power.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5449

//Afterword//

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:50:53 am by Mobotium »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 05, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

You forgot to post the savegame link

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 05, 2012, 10:50:10 am »

May I ask, for the umpteenth time, how my dorf is doing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:20 am »

May I ask, for the umpteenth time, how my dorf is doing?

I dont remember you EVER asking that, whatever.

From what I remember, hes doing well, and should be arround adequate on military skills by now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 05, 2012, 10:53:39 am »

Thank you. 

I'm REALLY glad this latest incarnation of him has not died yet. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 05, 2012, 10:54:11 am »

Got the savegame, but I won't be able to start till the morning though.  This should be fun....

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 05, 2012, 10:56:21 am »

We are all going to die.  He's probably gonna make a new, awesome machine/mechanism/design that puts the BATTEREY and Noodle's hell evisceration assembly line to shame. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 05, 2012, 11:01:24 am »

The savegame works and I gave the fort a once-over.  Good grief.  I've got my work cut out with this psychotic shamble of a fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 175