Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832614 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1396 on: February 08, 2012, 07:19:19 pm »

Good man.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »

kefka, can you do me a favour?  Go to the BATTERY, and just dismantle the screwpump.  It seems I made a mistake in where to put it to start the whole thing.  Keep building it though, if you want.  Just start it with a screwpump at the bottom after the rows are all done.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:28 pm »

(Found written on a scrap of monkey brute flesh, deep in the bowels of Deathgate the Doom-Fortress)

What in the actual hell is this place.

It's so dysfunctional, so maddening, so ridiculous, that... I cannot find a way to destroy it. It is so dysfunctional that visiting pain and suffering upon it is actually harder than letting it continue of its own accord.

OOC: This place is frigging nuts. I'm going to spend some time tomorrow and try to unravel it so I can start messin' with stuff, but for now it's so dysfunctional that I... oh gods.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »

Deathgate: Where one perpetual motion machine just isn't enough.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »

I love how the preface of nearly every starting post after the first few turns are always something along the lines of, "This place makes no sense at all."

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 08, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

Deathgate: Where one perpetual motion machine just isn't enough.

Yeah, but mine's truly perpetual.  The BATTEREY needed refilling periodically.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:18 am »

Discovered a rather fancy bedroom in the Hellfort that seemed unoccupied.

So it's official, I died.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 09, 2012, 12:44:31 am »

Discovered a rather fancy bedroom in the Hellfort that seemed unoccupied.

So it's official, I died.

Actually, Mitchewawa: Ex-Boss was still roaming the fort alive and well.  That bedroom was unassigned, I didn't steal it or anything like that.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 09, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

1-7 Granite:

I spent a week of my precious time here simply drifting through the fortress. I had feared that the bearded ones might detect the aura of malice that denotes my passing, but as I studied them, I realized that it was just getting lost in the background.

I was present for the birth of a child...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found the dying place of a few of my kind, now flooded over with magma and, against all reason, trees...

I don't know that there's much I can do here. I thought to block off hallways and lock doors, to drive the bearded ones mad, but this place of their own design is so sprawling that they themselves cannot find their way to the most mundane or essential of tasks. I thought to trap some of them in horrible situations so as to cause as much pain as possible, and I find that their population at large is already so maimed and broken that they wouldn't even notice.

I even thought to drive one of them mad, so that he could dig a tunnel to the magma and to the death of his kind, but they have already done it, unbidden!

[OOC: Working my way through bit at a time. Not likely to get much done here; quite honestly the place is so sprawling and mad that I don't know that I'll even know which end is up by the end of my turn. Still, we shall see what I come up with.

Also, couldn't figure out why Dead Goblin Room was filled with magma and trees. What in the f*%&.]

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 09, 2012, 03:18:48 pm »

18th Granite...

I used what influence I had to direct the dwarves to a dark, horrible labor, something that would cause them to unsuspectingly slay their own friends and family.

And they jumped to it with glee, then set up viewing stands with cheap drinks and salty foods in view of the places where my dark designs were housed.

I guided them to scrawl artwork and horrors upon their own walls, yet I found that the art that preceded me was even worse.

It seems I am not the only one going about possessing these cretins; this one suddenly declared his name to be Maxwell Edison, and he grabbed a hammer and headed toward the infirmary, muttering about "new medical techniques." What.

Less than a month in and I find that whatever I do to torment these dwarves, they do it already and worse. I found some sort of horrible contraption, with a badly-scrawled sign indicating that it was the BATTERY. It was half-complete and in a state of disrepair already, insulting graffiti written all over it.

I went elsewhere, and found this monstrosity.

It looks like someone took a cat, dipped its paws in something like the foul blood found in some of my demonic brethren, and then out of pure spite, knowing that the cat's crippled paws couldn't be used for self-grooming, puked all over the damned thing. It's wandering around the entryway covered from head to toe in... in... oh, I don't even want to know. There's green in there, that's for sure, and stringy bits.

I've taken pains to check and see if the animals of this place are actually creatures of Hell, but it seems these horrors are all-natural.

OOC: What.

Continued update to save posts:

8th Slate:

One of the former overseers went nuts for a little while. It appears that the bearded ones are doing a better job even of possessing their kind than I am.

[OOC: Quiet so far, though.]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:01:39 pm by kefkakrazy »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 09, 2012, 09:35:14 pm »

This part kinda reminds me of Headshoots

It's a good thing none of our warriors are competent then.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »

OOC: What.

Smells like.... Dwarf fortress.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:07 pm »

Oh cool, I'm still alive... oh cool, I'm probably in jail if I did anything during my tantrum.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 175