Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832689 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1410 on: February 10, 2012, 12:11:59 am »

Oh cool, I'm still alive... oh cool, I'm probably in jail if I did anything during my tantrum.

I didn't see him in the justice list.  Though admittedly, I only had a cursory glance through it at one point during my year

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 10, 2012, 01:17:54 am »

Oh cool, I'm still alive... oh cool, I'm probably in jail if I did anything during my tantrum.

I didn't see him in the justice list.  Though admittedly, I only had a cursory glance through it at one point during my year

I was possessed by a ghost which caused me to throw a tantrum. Dwarfs are punished for the damaged they cause during a tantrum, even though it was all the ghost's fault.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:04 am »

That I know only too well.  Once had the most BADASS dwarf in one of my forts have a tantrum while possessed by a ghost.  The Fort Guard came along and broke his arms and legs.  He died in the hospital of dehydration  :'(

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 10, 2012, 01:55:01 am »

Done with most of the month of Slate. Couple of updates for you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the surviving named dorfs for the moment, according to DT.

Dwarven justice. The only named dorf I see there is The Mad Fool, for Disorderly Conduct.

From Lashidang:

I've watched these cretins through the month of Slate with little incident. My attempts to interfere in their lives seem to gather little attention; they are so set in their ways, like horrible automatons, that they flat-out ignore any attempt to rearrange it. Madness.

The only event of interest involved another possession by one of their fallen, a crazed spirit named Alkhemia...

It does fill me with a sense of glee to see the maddened dwarf murder one of my kind's greatest enemies. Evil ones willing, they will never realize the potential of simply unleashing their gathered hordes of these monsters straight into Hell itself.

[What follows is a sketch of what looks like a duck, wearing adamantine armor, with little adamantine claws on his webbed feet, and an armored plate for his bill.]

[OOC: Looks like a lot of the dorfed dwarves are toast. Anyone want me to go through and redorf a bunch of the big names?]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:07:32 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 10, 2012, 02:21:18 am »

THE EYES

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 10, 2012, 02:56:30 am »

Is progress being made on my BATTERY?  Oh, I changed the hotkey F7 from some random fort location to it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 10, 2012, 04:15:38 am »

At some point I need to compile a list of Deathgate's accomplishments. 

Also we are hemorrhaging militia dwarves.  The fact we're still alive says mountains about the size of our dwarves' gonads.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 10, 2012, 11:45:49 am »

I tried to continue the work on the BATTERY, but quite honestly I can't grasp the dorfineering principles behind it, so I'm not terribly confident about being able to finish it and have it work. Underground waterwheel tricks are something I've never really fooled with, to be honest; when I do stuff like this most of my power comes from windmill farms because I like the way they look.

I figured I'd leave it for someone who could actually make it work.

And yes, I'm going to do everything in my power to elevate ducks to being the ultimate Deathgate badasses. Hmm... Maybe I should set up a duck room, wall it off so that the ducks will breed at an exponential rate, and set it up to drop ducks into hell at the pull of a lever? That would be fuggin' sweet... maybe an addon to the hellbunker.

Ahhh, crap. Can't do it; not enough military to even fight off the one monkey brute and three gray devils that are on the map atm.

EDIT: Further musings. It's a damn shame Deathgate is "unmodded", otherwise I would totally make ducks trainable and have war ducks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:21:23 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 10, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »

It's a damn shame Deathgate is "unmodded", otherwise I would totally make ducks trainable and have war ducks.

I'd be so happy if we could create a Netherfowl division in Deathgate's army. They breed like rabbits, they don't ask for much, and they can't become useless bags of rocks nobles!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »

Just keep building rows of waterwheels in the spaces I laid out for them if you can, kefka.  They're getting wood for the wheels from the big tree farms a level above the BATTERY, incidentally.

Also, the demons can't get into the fortress - that monkey demon is in a sealed-off area of the HellBunker

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 10, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »

THIS IS NON-CANON FOR THE ACTUAL FORT, THIS IS A VISIT VIA ADVENTURE MODE

OOC: Felt like writing this while messing around in adventure mode, enjoy.

Journal of Rakust Kogannanir Date Unknown

After days of searching, we have made it to the fabled 'Death-gate Doom Fortress'. Me and my comrades were met by a stench of Magma and a mountain strewn with corpses, Dwarven and otherwise. Almost a day of investigating this... Graveyard of a fortress, we've found the entrance! It is completely deserted, but some hope remains, we find our first living creature, A vile goblin swordsman. She was already injured when we arrived, and dispatched without issue. I don't know what's more horrifying... The fact that Goblins are roaming free in a Dwarfish fortress..... Or that she was injured before we got here....

We slept uneasily in the gatehouse, preparing for the exploration of the fort. 

Journal of Rakust Kogannanir Date Unknown +1

We begin the exploration, This fortress must have found a lot of Gold! The roads are almost flooding with Gold! In addition to these coins I found, there must be a fortune here!
We ran into another Goblin... He struck down my comrades and tore me up pretty good, I managed to take off his Left arm and foot. But he left me with a quite a blow... * Large blood stains*

... I'm so tired. I want to sleep but I can't move back to the gatehouse. I hear another one Gibbering in the darkness. He won't take me easily.

OOC:
So, for the lulz I decided to open up the Death-gate save Aussie uploaded in adventure mode and go exploring for Adamantine weapons and fun. Mother of god I didn't expect this. I enter the block that contains the fort, and it took about 5 minutes to fully load, I am moving at about a block per second, and It's lagging like a Mother. First thing I find is corpses strewn everywhere, all of them military dwarfs among a few notables, I saw flood gates, caged puppies, and a turkey. Second thing, is after about 30 minutes of figuring out how the hell I'm supposed to get IN the fort I got to the entrance. Unfortunately, I didn't last long. Somewhat due to my belief I had armor when I didn't. And mostly due to my inexperience at adventure mode.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 10, 2012, 11:02:03 pm »

Just keep building rows of waterwheels in the spaces I laid out for them if you can, kefka.  They're getting wood for the wheels from the big tree farms a level above the BATTERY, incidentally.

Also, the demons can't get into the fortress - that monkey demon is in a sealed-off area of the HellBunker

If I had to knock out a wall of the hellbunker in order to build a nesting area/Duck Deployment Device, they'd get in.

Can demons path to and destroy bridges while flying, from underneath?

EDIT: By the way guys. Sorry for update gap. Work schedule is hairy this weekend. I am going to try to grind out another month or so tomorrow, during which I may go ahead and try to expand the Hellbunker with a Duck Room and see what happens. LASHIDANG WANTS TO SEE BLOOD.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:41:09 am by kefkakrazy »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 11, 2012, 02:56:48 am »

Why was that goblin fighting with a silk bag? Did that goblin burst your lung with that bag?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 11, 2012, 03:05:42 am »

Hey, don't knock it. One of the uberdorfs from Headshoots murdered everything he came across with a backpack.

Didn't Headshoots end with them using a utility to skeletize the two uberdorf champions, then finishing it with a battle to the death? If I recall, didn't the ultimate legendary+30-something blademaster dwarf get its head bitten off by the wielder of the Handbag of Havoc?

EDIT: Yep, HolisticDetective, wearer of artifact adamantine platemail and wielder of the =giant rat leather backpack= of carnage. Fortress ended with the final fight to end all fights, with the ultimate blademaster lopping off Holistic's limbs before getting his ribcage bitten onto and shattered.

There's an idea; if we could ever have a military dwarf survive to reach demigodhood, at least. Or even long enough to have his beard grow into and become one with the armor; our current crop of military looks so fresh that half of them look like they probably shave.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:11:39 am by kefkakrazy »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 11, 2012, 03:54:20 am »

Headshoots was back in the day of hilarious super-dwarfs. Nowadays you'd hardly ever see something get shot off into the sky Team Rocket style by a warhammer, nor would you see a thief puncture a lung with a purse.

Trust me, this is another Deathgate twist of fate.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 175