Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835920 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1425 on: February 11, 2012, 05:17:11 am »

There's an idea; if we could ever have a military dwarf survive...

Hahahaha!

Good one.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 11, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

There's an idea; if we could ever have a military dwarf survive...

Hahahaha!

Good one.

It's not impossible. What we really need is a restructuring of the military, and get back to basics. 2 dorf squads, and as many of those squads as we can muster (probably about 30, considering the last time the population was mentioned it was around the mid 80's).

Only the most experienced squads will be sent into battles, leaving the rookies to train all year round, with occasional breaks every other year or so to let them appreciate the dining rooms and what not.

Of course, we'd have to have several overseers on board with this...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 11, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »

You'd probably want to make a couple of squads of candy speardwarves then.  They've done nasty things to demons in my experiences.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 11, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »

Are you guys suggesting we need a military beyond the brilliant idea of periodic duck-drops?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:46 pm »

Are you guys suggesting we need a military beyond the brilliant idea of periodic duck-drops?

As useful as fowl shock troopers are, yes, we do still need a dwarven military.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 11, 2012, 10:14:41 pm »

You know, I did make 120 adamantine menacing spikes for use in repeating spike traps. Have they even been set up or used yet?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 11, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

Doubt it.

Sorry for delayed update again. Work schedule is pretty nuts for this weekend (gotta love retail). Lots of time off this week, though, so I should be able to finish it up, or at least come close.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:14:03 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 12, 2012, 03:41:43 am »

EDIT: Yep, HolisticDetective, wearer of artifact adamantine platemail and wielder of the =giant rat leather backpack= of carnage. Fortress ended with the final fight to end all fights, with the ultimate blademaster lopping off Holistic's limbs before getting his ribcage bitten onto and shattered.

Ah, Holistic Detective, in my mind quite possibly the most powerful dwarf I have ever seen in any DF major story.  Ironblood, Morul, they suck.  Cacame's real strength comes from being an elf, and still being badass enough to rule the dwarves.  None of them have ever been able to beat a legendary swordsman, clad in full candy armor, with their mouths. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 12, 2012, 05:26:18 am »

EDIT: Yep, HolisticDetective, wearer of artifact adamantine platemail and wielder of the =giant rat leather backpack= of carnage. Fortress ended with the final fight to end all fights, with the ultimate blademaster lopping off Holistic's limbs before getting his ribcage bitten onto and shattered.

Ah, Holistic Detective, in my mind quite possibly the most powerful dwarf I have ever seen in any DF major story.  Ironblood, Morul, they suck.  Cacame's real strength comes from being an elf, and still being badass enough to rule the dwarves.  None of them have ever been able to beat a legendary swordsman, clad in full candy armor, with their mouths.

Derm Basementchucked the Soulchopper from Towersoared is even stronger.  He reached around 130 axedwarf skill and has solo'd 20+ forgotten beasts. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:28:07 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 12, 2012, 05:30:47 am »

Yes, but was Derm awesome enough to spawn a sequel, based around the conflict of his demonspawn and the dwarves? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:53 am »

He was awesome enough to fight a legendary level, adamantine-clad military and win without a scratch apparently, so that's pretty badass.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 12, 2012, 05:36:49 am »

Somebody needs to make a pantheon for all the greatest dwarven characters, or even non-dwarves, as long as the individual in question was awesome. 

The Bloodshedders of Armok! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 12, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »

Will replace this post with a partial update later tonight, then flesh it out more as I go.

I had an update ready, but I wound up... well, I accidentally our entire military, so I wound up having to restart that update. (Mostly was testing/examining something; results showed that dwarves are idiots.)

1 FELSITE

I noted in my watching that these filthy dwarves have foolishly tainted their bodies with their presence in Hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The corruption extends even to the higher-ups; in fact, it appears that the taint is grounds for promotion.

Even their nominal "doctor" is not immune to the taint, though in this case, it appears he picked it up while experimenting on a cat with it.

Speaking of the cat, it appears that it was also previously used as a test subject for the duck menace. This is one of the specimens which was locked in the Duck/Cat Breeding Project Room (an attempt, clearly, to develop autonomous, hypnotic roving demonslayers); note the bill-shaped injuries.

Migrants arrived. Dark gods only know why, but two stupid ones wandered onto the scene. One wonders if they were lured by the scent of roasting meat; the entire fortress still smells like it, from the battles with Haunts of Fire and the ever-present goblin magma drops.

It's now the 7th of Felsite. The dwarves dare to venture out of their homes, to clear out the outer parts of the fortress and to regroup. There are more goblins in cages out there, I swear, than there are dwarves in here.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:28:10 am by kefkakrazy »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 12, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

I had an update ready, but I wound up... well, I accidentally our entire military,

Aaaaand another quote for the first page.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:07 am »

Wait wait wait, so now our Dwarves are being tainted in the form of blisters by Hell itself?  Can this fort get anymore awesome?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 175