Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837312 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1440 on: February 13, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »

Felsite-Early Hematite

I finally got through to these little monsters enough to force them to do my bidding. That cursed HellBunker of theirs... I drove the madness into them, and they shattered its walls, eagerly doing the work I had planned for them.

Unfortunately, they reinterpreted my commands to "Shatter the walls, greet Hell with open arms and friendship, fear not the flame," instead apparently deciding to "Wait until it's safe, then scurry out and build..." Whatever they're working on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, dark gods, it's a device for depositing those fowl beings into Hell without danger.

Fey mood... much less interesting than a fell mood.

One of their most foolish warriors, Krosan the "Anarchist," wandered into a sealed-off portion of the Hell Bunker, lured by dropped equipment, and encountered the named monkey brute apparently walled off in there.

It stunned him with monkey brute poison dust, blasted several dozen times, then proceeded to attempt to batter him to death with a llama wool cloak. What in the actual hell.

Meanwhile, a Haunt of Fire, attracted by the commotion of dwarves furiously trying to complete the DUCKOTRON, wandered into the Hell Bunker in search of blood. It torched the contents of one of the Hell Bunker bedrooms, then...

That looks like it hurts. The last straw is the Haunt's dying blast; a legendary woodcutter shows up and hacks it to death. He survives the blast, though.

What in the shit. Krosan and some nameless recruit who showed up a few days later fought the monkey brute down. Apparently it exhausted itself so completely that the recruit was able to lodge an axe in the monkey brute, causing him to bleed out. Note the grey pools; the entire room is frigging covered in that specific monkey brute's goo.

Krosan didn't make it out of that unscathed though.

I possessed another dwarf and commanded him to "open the fortification, let your conquering hero home, it'll be fine!" He immediately walked over and chipped away the fortification separating the monkey brute's former enclosure/HellBunker entrance from the Hell Farm, to allow the heroes to enter the fort.

At which point a trio of Haunts of Fire aggroed and chased them in.

One died early; his death blast, and his fellows, managed to torch the first-responders (including Krosan, who hadn't even made it out of the bunker yet).

This cat lasted about a day, delaying the haunts while the military showed up. Damn him.

By the way, the final confrontation with the surviving Fire Bros took place in the Hellbunker's booze stockpile, so the responding dwarves had to deal with haunt of fire blasts in addition to the occasional shower of boiling booze. I suspect that flaming wine was the cause of Super-Cat's death.

Another section of hell bunker, where the primary incursion and most of the deaths took place. Note that whatever was here, it was made of silver and it's melted puddles now. Right on, Fire Bros, right on.

OOC: I tried building the duck bunker, and fucked up royally, allowing three separate demon incursions into the Hell Bunker. They were contained; I'm working on achieving final containment of the situation at the moment, but we're down to 74 dwarves.

I genuinely didn't mean to break containment so completely, but oh well, it was funny as shit.

Don't think any named dwarves besides Krosan the Blistered got roasted, but our military is, as is becoming a trend, decimated again.

EDIT: I take that back. Baelor, Krosan, Mobo, and The Mad Fool all got wasted.

EDIT: I take that back. Near as I can tell Mad Fool's nickname got wiped, but he's still alive; I fixed it. Pretty sure Baelor and Mobo are toast though.

Duck bunker is complete, though, assuming that flying demons can't destroy bridges from underneath. If they can, it's still secure; once it's loaded with ammo (aka ducks and nest boxes) it'll be walled off and secure from the Hellbunker.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:26:39 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »

By the way, the final confrontation with the surviving Fire Bros took place in the Hellbunker's booze stockpile, so the responding dwarves had to deal with haunt of fire blasts in addition to the occasional shower of boiling booze. I suspect that flaming wine was the cause of Super-Cat's death.

The final confrontation with the surviving FIRE Bros took place in the Hellbunker's BOOZE stockpile

Those damned dirty demons.... THEY BLEW UP THE BOOZE. GOD DAMN THEM. GOD DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:46:39 pm by Teh_Idort »
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 13, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

They're already there.

So are we.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »

Oh my god...

A demon got into my BEDROOM!?

I hope my dwarf was nowhere near there at the time  :-\

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 13, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »

Aussie is fine I'm pretty sure. He's still ALIVE at least, and I don't think he's on fire.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »

Oh my God... >:(

Please...redorf...me, as Baelor "the Bastard".  Just, just re-dorf me in the manner similar to my previous re-dorfs. 

Being a front line soldier is a hazardous job...bah, but I love it, please, send another of my dwarf's endless spawn against the demons.

emphasis on training.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 13, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

Any preferences beyond front-line combat dwarf? I don't remember your dorf's special properties.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

...what's the best weapon to fight demons with?  Other than that, nothing but good adamantine armor and a shield. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 13, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »

...what's the best weapon to fight demons with?  Other than that, nothing but good adamantine armor and a shield.

Spears, probably.  Or Axes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »

Alright, please give me an adamantine axe, armor, and just a shield.

Do you use danger rooms? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:41 pm »

Can I get an update on my dorf. name Eoganachta. If he's dead then could I get redorfed as "Eoganachta,", profession military.

Do you use danger rooms? 

I asked during my turn and I didn't get an answer. I built one (unless someone de-constructed it) just above the industry area in the base above Hell. I didn't know what the rules were for dangerrooming in Deathgate so I never used it. (If I did it would have saved many lives).
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:59 pm »

I believe the consensus when the fortress was started was that we wouldn't use danger rooms.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:18 pm »

Alright, conventional training for the win.

Are there still siegers on the surface of Deathgate? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 13, 2012, 11:16:18 pm »

"Siege" mode is not currently active. I think it's actually clear, too; there were two goblins stuck on a pillar where they got flung by bridges, and were apparently inaccessible for marksdwarves; I wound up using dfhack to drop a tile of magma on that little spot just so things could get done, because it was spamming me.

A few posts back (one of my first posts during my turn) had an update with a list of all surviving named dwarves.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 13, 2012, 11:21:57 pm »

there were two goblins stuck on a pillar where they got flung by bridges, and were apparently inaccessible for marksdwarves;

Yeah, that happened during my year.  I just ignored them as no-one was going outside.  All worked towards the BATTERY!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 175