Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836911 times)

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1470 on: February 15, 2012, 03:00:36 am »

Once Deathgate ends, they will totally be a Deathgate II.  Already got a story for it too.
That's the problem, though! We don't often get people incompetent enough to let it die, and even then, what kind of end would be epic enough for the fort that colonized Hell?
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 15, 2012, 03:07:59 am »

We could try flushing the fort with magma, like a giant hell toilet, but that probably wouldn't be badass enough to be satisfactory. Plus, I'm sure that it'd just end with magma everywhere but actually inside the fort.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:00 am »

Deathgate will probably die from a combination of Forgotten Beasts and Demons mixed with a massive tantrum spiral that leaves Deathgate resembling something out of Fallout.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 15, 2012, 04:08:11 am »

Once Deathgate ends, they will totally be a Deathgate II.  Already got a story for it too.
That's the problem, though! We don't often get people incompetent enough to let it die, and even then, what kind of end would be epic enough for the fort that colonized Hell?

Hey, jerk. My turn's not over yet and I already came close to allowing the demons to enter.

Also the demon sickness is gradually spreading across the fort. I'm CONTEMPLATING having the entire fort take a bath in the monkey brute's goo just to give it a head start.

EDIT: Oh man. Seems like the demon sickness gets bad enough to cause yellow wounds; a couple of axedwarves (including the one that wasted the monkey brute) are laid up with 100% yellow wounded bodies.

EDIT: Also, Nota, the Professor of !!BIOLOGY!!, may be dead... but his ghost is becoming a regular around the place.

EDIT: Holy SHIT. We have no less than 21 ghosts haunting the place right now. One just wrecked a statue, the dick.

EDIT: One of them is a ghostly miner who apparently got walled into the spot where the doomsday magma shaft got walled in. His ghost is haunting that fucking lever.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:15:40 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 15, 2012, 05:45:51 am »

Double post!

Update time. We're halfway through Galena now.

======
These demon-spawned dwarves seem to be pulling in and restoring themselves after the skirmish that decimated their combat-capable warriors.

As an aside, what the hell is this duck. It's like a monster stitched together out of several other ducks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of their slain, this Alkhemia, took command of a dwarf's soul, but couldn't hold it for long enough to draw blood.

Despondent, the ghost seems to have taken up residence in the monstrous device that the dwarves have marked as THE DUCKOTRON.

The only other event of note, which I notice with some glee, is that the mighty Hoodwinked, the monkey brute which started the incursion, won in the end. His killer died in bed of his wounds, infection, and full-body demon corruption.

Devilspeed, Hoodwinked. Devilspeed.

[OOC: Been just letting the fort run while I read and stuff, to let them catch up on hauling, medical stuff, etc. I've designated a lot of the cats that were in the sealed-off Cat-Duck Chamber to be butchered, but most of the ducks have been hauled to the DUCKOTRON for forced breeding. I'm going to have it ready for its first drop soon enough, and the nest boxes are already filling with the soldiers of the next incursion.

Demonsickness appears to cause a lot of thirst, that or dwarves just aren't taking care of wounded properly. Nist died of thirst in the hospital, a hero (because if Hoodwinked had made it into the fort at large I very well may have been handing off 1/4 of this fort to Idort).

Military is training and doing it badly.]

[AS A POINT OF CLARIFICATION: Hoodwinked was the name of the monkey brute.]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:51:23 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 15, 2012, 06:34:15 am »

Is That Aussie Dwarf still okay?  His bedroom's in Hell, after all  :-\

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:26 am »

I already said he's fine. I don't even think he's infected with demon sickness, which is interesting because a good few noncombat dwarves, including Mad Fool, as well as a bunch of the livestock, all have it.

If your bedroom had a lot of nice silver furniture and stuff, though, it's currently melted and useless thanks to the haunts. A few barrels from the Hell Bunker booze stockpile also caught fire and exploded, but not the entire stockpile.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 16, 2012, 12:01:38 am »

Question.

Human caravan. Where is the controls for the murder device?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:29 am »

Uh.... powered by the unfinished BATTERY?  *whistles nonchalantly, not at all lying in order to see his megaproject built*

There's two screw pumps on the level above the trade depot (F7 will take you to the BATTERY, but they're slightly south of it).  Once they go into the trade depot, I marked which one will fill it and which will drain it.  Just lock the door so they dont escape.

You'll have to pump them manually, so just lock the trade depot door and tell one of the dwarves to start pumping.  Just remember to make sure to come back and tell them to stop at some point afterwards  ;)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 16, 2012, 12:50:36 am »

Hey lookie what I found.

http://imgur.com/r/funny/9juMd

It's our hero!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:51 am »

LIMESTONE

I can't take much more of this. Me. The animate spirit of a thrice-damned once-living embodiment of pain and misery and I can't frigging take much more of this place.

They finished working on that horrible, monstrous masterpiece that they began in response to my mental commands to breach their Hell Bunker.

The DUCKOTRON is active, and is in the process of being finally loaded and permanently sealed.

They are loose. These murderous monsters are loose in Hell.

Some of them were injured during their combat drop. Apparently the dwarves forgot to engineer parachutes.

A dwarf made a crossbow from raccoon bone during this time period, as well.

The only other event of interest was a human caravan which showed up, bearing goods for trade and goodwill towards dwarfkind.

The stumpy bastards waited for them to set up shop, locked the door, then flooded the room for the hell of it.

Mark those words. I do not use them lightly, reader. They did it for the hell of it.

OOC: Turn's almost done, I suppose; just a few more months. Mostly uneventful; finished the DUCKOTRON and tested it, murdered a human caravan.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:11 am »

Did you have any trouble with draining the trade depot?  I was moderately certain that those screwpumps would draw from and pump back into an aquifer breach.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 16, 2012, 02:54:58 am »

They haven't started pumping yet.

You weren't sure it would work!? It hasn't been tested?

brb building new trade depot

In fact, I like that idea. From now on, we just collect drowned trade depots. Every caravan gets one!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 16, 2012, 03:29:07 am »

They haven't started pumping yet.

You weren't sure it would work!? It hasn't been tested?

brb building new trade depot

In fact, I like that idea. From now on, we just collect drowned trade depots. Every caravan gets one!

I did test and it seemed to work.  I don't think I tested it to a full 7/7 depth.  Give it a go and see what happens

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 16, 2012, 09:56:27 am »

I still say that my first idea sounds great. Can you imagine a Deathgate II on a terrifying map, with trade depot after trade depot just filled with drowned zombies? Then we open a path from all of those depots to Hell and unleash the zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 175