Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837522 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1485 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:20 am »

Is this 100 pages of Deathgate?

Yes it is!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 16, 2012, 10:55:28 am »

I still say that my first idea sounds great. Can you imagine a Deathgate II on a terrifying map, with trade depot after trade depot just filled with drowned zombies? Then we open a path from all of those depots to Hell and unleash the zombies.

No, no, no.  Modify the checkerboard idea to be a layer below the surface covered in hatches (in a little sealed-off area of course).  Fill the 'cells' of the board with caged FB's/goblins/elves and open the hatches to expose them to evil/cursed rain that zombifies (if there is one.  Haven't really looked at the new version yet).  Unleash resulting zombie creatures on witless enemies/clowns/live elves!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:07 pm »

From what I've read, apparently in terrifying biomes things just animate at random.

From the reports, the game's a bit too aggressive about it; undead are animating as fast as people are killing them, and you're getting crazy stuff like zombie horsehair and zombie horse skins murdering dwarves.

That last one sounds fugging terrifying.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 16, 2012, 03:34:43 pm »

Here's a hint if you want to survive terrifying:

1. Do not embark with slaughter animals.
2. Dig a hole.
3. Chop a tree whilst moving all of your goods into the hole.
4. Put all of your dwarfs inside and plug up the hole.
5. Never step outside.

I have been wiped within minutes by acid rain, then again by swarms of zombie giant mosquitoes, and again because evil mist entered my hole which had skylight for farming and again because dwarfs stepped into a river because of pathing and got flushed downstream off a waterfall. All 7 of them.

And I love it.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 16, 2012, 04:10:39 pm »

Animal remover 2.0, because who needs a spike when you have 10000 zombie water buffalo?
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »

From the sound of things, we're gonna need more magma for DG2.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 16, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

Never enuff magma.

Just don't ask me to get it, I'm shit with pumps.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:12 am »

Sorry the turn is dragging on. I didn't notice that I'd already had it for 8 days; I'm going to try to expedite as possible, but don't expect miracles.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 17, 2012, 02:31:02 am »

Never enuff magma.

Just don't ask me to get it, I'm shit with pumps.

My record is somewhere around 117-z level pump stack.  Made a magma moat.  8)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 17, 2012, 04:36:24 am »

For transporting hu-ege amounts of the liquid red gold I prefer the piston pump. It can be a pain to set up, though: You need a magma reservoir (no problem) and a solid pump piston reaching through all z levels down to the target area. And then you also need to cave in the thing. I had it working once (before FPS and boredom killed the fort), even put up some glass floodgates and windows so the dwarves could watch it from the control room.
Pro: dangerous ("highly experimental"), cave-ins, liquid red gold, no problems with that li'l only wooden tube in the pump stack
Con: not working continuously (needs an obsidian casting device for the top and a drainage for the reservoir = Mad Enjineerin Skillz and years of work, good luck in a community fort).
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »

can i be redorfed female. i died a while back but only just got around to reading the thread.... wow guys just wow i think you guys should continue don't quit now. oh and whatever profession i don't mind the job.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 18, 2012, 10:18:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jocgame dorfed. You're a legendary mechanic; there's plenty of legendaries undorfed to go around. Of note, you have a couple minor wounds, probably the result of demon sickness; half the fort has it now so don't feel too bad, and it doesn't seem THAT debilitating.

I'm up to Sandstone, hoping to go further tonight, but the remainder of my turn is likely to be a pretty light update outside of any interesting events. I've done my "piece."

Thinking of it, by the way. If they were at all capable of gaining skills or stats, I would put a danger room in the DUCKOTRON in a heartbeat. We totally only agreed on no danger rooms for dwarves.

5 TIMBER

The dwarves have started to reclaim their Hell Bunker from the forces of evil that beseiged it during their moment of weakness. They are still too frightened to open the walls and lay claim to it, but at the last, Hell has receded from it. Good for them. (I personally hope that they open the walls to reclaim their precious hellfarm, and find a monkey brute waiting for them...)

The population in their hideous DUCKOTRON has started to explode. I surmise that within a few generations, there'll truly be enough of an army to take Hell itself.

:o

They've even started EXPANDING the damned thing. One of their managers ordered another twenty nestboxes, and the sealed room has been (at this point) nearly completed and is only awaiting its incubation system (nest boxes) and connection to the main DUCKOTRON.

Alkhemia got bored of watching the ducks breed and floated off. First thing she did was possess a miner, Catten, who was working on the NEO-DUCKOTRON and drive her nuts. She ran off, throwing off all her clothes and keeping only her pick, then started screaming obscenities at everyone she saw. Shortly after, she stood in place for some time, waving her pick around and screaming threats at passers-by, until she tore up an adamantine road, then ran off...

What in the hell is this thing? I haven't even seen it before, and I've scanned through this damn place a number of times. WHERE WAS IT. I followed a dwarf, and he ran through it. Is this some quantum fragging room? Have these little lunatics started screwing with quantum physics!?

Oh, this was where Catten ran off to. Oddly befitting her name, she ran off from the site of her demolition of a road worth more than her life, to chop a cat into mincemeat with her pick. Alkhemia really must have done something to her to piss her off this bad. The military's after her now for a beating.

[OOC: Working on it, up to Timber now. Expanding the Duckotron, working on the hellbunker some, and watching ghost cause trouble. One is fun, one is pleasant, one is frigging hilarious.]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:22:30 pm by kefkakrazy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 18, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »

What's the big water-filled room for exactly? 

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:15 pm »

I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I THINK it might be the Demon-Lock but I don't have a clue, I just found it by following a No Job dwarf and finding him in the room.

I'm reminded of the Quantum Room from Headshoots, the one that no players could ever find unless there was a dwarf already in it.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 19, 2012, 03:46:01 am »

Could it be part of the obsidianiser?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 175