Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837040 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1560 on: February 24, 2012, 05:50:28 am »

Coupled with the fact that catapults do as much damage as tickling their nutsack, siege operators are total pussies. Ballistas are better, but are a pain to micromanage. You also need to train engineers, as shoddy parts can't aim worth shit.

So yeah, go for it if we ever take back the base.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28:13 am »

Dorf me as that please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »

I demand a plaque. I think I'm officially the least competent overseer to take a whack at this hellhole.

At least I probably had the highest deathcount.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 24, 2012, 03:47:26 pm »

We should make a "highscore" thingie with the various acheivements of every overseer.

I claim the "Most deaths in extremely small amount of time" and "most deaths in 1st month of reign" prizes!

Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 24, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

I take "Most Instances of Cruelty to Animals".  I think noodle takes "Most Respawns".
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 24, 2012, 05:56:09 pm »

'Boring award - Least deaths'
'Consolation Prize - Most Interesting update titles'
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 24, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

I'm sure we'll take it back eventually. The demons will eventually get bored and leave... probably.

Failing that, just opening a path for them and restarting some of the defenses used to take out the initial breach wave would probably do it. Hell, if we just released a few dozen armed goblins into the Hellbunker it'd probably clear it out, though then we'd have the issue of the goblins to work through.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 25, 2012, 12:58:04 am »

1st report on DeathGate in the year 774

Short version: not too much happened, the Dorfs that were walled in / left in the hellhole died. I tried to save them by building walls and stuff but they didn't make it. Ordered slabs to be made. Started soap making. Waited a lot for Dorfs, they are busy and we have no idlers.

So:
So someday a lad came bye and tole me: Congrats, son, you be the winner in the lottereye! You wonne ae tryppe. In hindesight I should hae slayen the lovemakin' lovechild! Next, they tole me the wagonne be nae ready in thysse versione. Carried me here on a mule, an when I be sayin "on that mule" itte be more of "draggin the beast up an doon the moontains". They near tole me the destination, too. "DeathGate", the name bodes ill...

So I came behind the last caravan and lo an behold, tall mountains, maebbe ae volcanoe? And over alle the ... bodeing. A chylde passed me an tole me that I be the new, longe awaited mayor. Word spread fast, like rancydde rocknutte oyle throu a gyantic capybara.

Ande then a lasse came an tole me that Armok hae blessed her.
"Armok, Armok I call thee, my Axe be by me side!"
an she "be called by name of Baelor" an she'd be outside to hunt the great beasties of the moontaine sloopes. An' ther be ghoests, an' there be dead, an' there be foul beasties from the ne'errealms, an haaf of the lads an' lassies be rottin. I ordered slabs encarved for t' dead, though I cannea find some o t' lads an' lasses naemes.

Great. On o' our miners died. Of thirst. Walled hisself in, it seems.
(Catten, who was left in the duckotron)

OOC
No, seriously, I cannot find three of them in the list to engrave
memorial slabs. Ah, well, so we'll still have at least those three
ghosts when I retire...
This place has been described as a sprawling mess. This is... true. I
don't think it is unmanageable, I try concentrating on a few things:
- bury / slab dead
- secure hellbunker / start reclaim
- start soap industry
- set up marksdwaves (and maybe some serious infantry)
and wait for Dorfs to finish their hauling / whatever buisiness...

EDIT: got the year wrong... just fired up wrong save to look at the calendar date *facepalm*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:04:43 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 25, 2012, 01:09:59 am »

Just looked at the Assassin Bug's description:
A huge one-eyed assassin bug. It has a square shell and it squirms and fidgets. Its charcoal exoskeleton is leathery. Beware its deadly blood!

She is weak. Her right third leg bears a tiny dent.
Wow. Also: I am not sure if I want this thing to die inside the fort proper (well, I am sure: I don't want) to avoid spreading the symptoms FailedCannon style.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:13 am »

Thanks for the dorfing.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 25, 2012, 08:29:50 am »

Thanks for the dorfing.
Sorry I only got your idea for the siege enjineer afterwards... but an axe crazy dorf is so much more... dorfenly I'd say.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 25, 2012, 09:01:17 am »

That's right.  Hence the:

Thanks for the dorfing.

What is there to hunt on the surface? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 25, 2012, 09:13:16 am »

noooo, our ghosts! They're like our chief export! Well, if we ever exported anything, that is.

Except dead caravans.

Do different demon varieties have different syndromes, or is "demon sickness" universal among them?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 25, 2012, 09:18:11 am »

noooo, our ghosts! They're like our chief export! Well, if we ever exported anything, that is.

Except dead caravans.

Do different demon varieties have different syndromes, or is "demon sickness" universal among them?

I think it just works like the FB syndromes.  Then again, all I've seen is Demons with Boiling Dust.  Did once see an FB in one of my fort that had a delayed full-body blister effect for anyone that stepped in it's blood.  THAT was fun to track down the cause of. 

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 25, 2012, 09:27:36 am »

We should cripple the demon and see if we can't weaponize its blood somehow.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 175