Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837093 times)

Vahir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1590 on: March 01, 2012, 04:16:26 pm »

I'd like to take a shot at this, sign me up, please.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Yeah, used to be like you.  "Don't draft the mothers" and "Make sure that mood gets fulfilled!" and "He's tantruming, better make him happier and not order him killed" or "Leave the gate open!  The woodcutter is still running away from the ambush!" Then I started throwing children to their deaths in an ornate glass display case in the middle of the dining hall

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 01, 2012, 04:36:02 pm »

Some artifact nether-cap gauntlets would probably allow some one to wield the flame sword. You should stockpile some logs and train everyone to novice carpenter, you might get lucky.

Nether-Cap Gauntlets and the Red Monster... Sounds pretty boss. Isn't it already possible to make wooden armor for training?
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 01, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »

Isn't it already possible to make wooden armor for training?
Nope.  Has anyone here actually gotten a piece of artifact wooden armor?  Is it carpenters or wood crafters that produce it?  I don't think I've ever seen it.  Although, actually, I can't remember the last time I had a moody carpenter...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 01, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »

I wonder if that WOULD work. Should be easy enough to test, if anyone has the inclination; I would expect that creating a new material, a metal with the nether-cap zero heat properties, then forging it into a pair of gauntlets on a copy of the save, and we'd see if the gauntlets actually did anything.

I'm doubting it, though. I'm kind of thinking that the Red Monster Sword might be hot enough to burn dwarves to death even if they have Dwarven Oven Mitts.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 01, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »

I wonder if that WOULD work. Should be easy enough to test, if anyone has the inclination; I would expect that creating a new material, a metal with the nether-cap zero heat properties, then forging it into a pair of gauntlets on a copy of the save, and we'd see if the gauntlets actually did anything.

I'm doubting it, though. I'm kind of thinking that the Red Monster Sword might be hot enough to burn dwarves to death even if they have Dwarven Oven Mitts.

That was pretty much why I figured the best chance was a semi-melted dwarf in adamantine armor

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:15 pm »

That was pretty much why I figured the best chance was a semi-melted dwarf in adamantine armor

Maybe someone can run a test using Arena Mode and using hax to recreate Red Monster to see if it's possible or not?
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

I'm still wondering where the Red Monster sword even came from.  Was it from a demon?  Because that's the only explanation I can come up with but I haven't seen anything like that happening before.

The only other explanation is haxs.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 02, 2012, 01:33:19 am »

Pretty sure one of the overseers tweaked the files a bit so he could create something for people to talk about. Don't know who.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 02, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

Dear all,

I'm still alive and working on it. Well, my netbook is working on it... I am currently trying to hunt down the Demons. They are locked in, and Marksdvarves are circling them. I wonder: is this a good idea or should I just leave them there so that not as many more spawn? What controls this demon spawning, anybody has experience?

I'm currently at some meeting in the middle of the Pacific, doing my share for global warming (or "intelligent defrosting"), and we have no WiFi, so everything is a bit... slow. Pics will be uploaded when I'm back due to bandwidth constraints.

Work on t' plumbin' fer t' water continues. Soon we be havin' sweet water doon in hell. And some sad basturd hae walled hisself in o'er the trade trap (depot). I be freein' him soon. Argh! 'twas just 'cause some twat hae locked t' door.

19th Felsite. We reclaimed t' farm area an ordered rebooildin' o't' farm! Fer noo, t' part o' t' hellfort inhabited by t' demonspawn be lost, prob'ly fer good.

10th Hematite. I ordered t' lads o' t' Gilded Fields tea goe an' peg t' Saffron Demon in t' hellfort proper wi' some bolts.

22nd Hematite. Woot! Another hit on t' luvmakin' luvchild, t' ne'erworldly one!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

26th Hematite. Taek t'is, demon-worshippin' sons o' t' mothers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added pics. Finally
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:21:27 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 02, 2012, 08:15:41 pm »

What controls this demon spawning, anybody has experience?

I might be able to assist...

Demons spawn on map edges in groups like wild animals do on the surface.  Generally though, they'll just sit on the map edge if there's nothing that gets their attention and will eventually depart the map.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 03, 2012, 12:30:30 am »

So glad we have a professor of demonology in this thread!  :D

I myself chose to pursue my doctorate in Ill-Advisedery.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 03, 2012, 04:47:28 am »

So glad we have a professor of demonology in this thread!  :D

I myself chose to pursue my doctorate in Ill-Advisedery.

Professor?

Oh no.  My knowledge was from quite a practical experience.  Oh yes.  Quite practical indeed...

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 03, 2012, 06:46:57 am »

I have a master's degree in architectural lust.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 03, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »

I have a Master's Degree in Dwarven Floccinaucinihilipilification. That's fancy-talk for knowing which dwarves you need to get rid of.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 04, 2012, 12:11:18 am »

I have a Master's Degree in Dwarven Floccinaucinihilipilification. That's fancy-talk for knowing which dwarves you need to get rid of.

A Bachelor in Elephant Biology (graduate of Boatmurdered) and a Masters in Geothermaldynamics.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 175