Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836008 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1635 on: March 12, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »

MOTHER OF ARMOK, what is this dwarven f**ktastrophe you have made? Will we even have any dwarves left afterwards? They've proven time and time again that the military's survival rate is about -2% on a yearly basis!

Then again... anyone who survives boot camp should grow a third testicle and be ready to fight the demon hordes. Damned Assassin Bugdrones.
And has dwarven science discovered anything new about Red Monster?

And finally, I'll be posting the Prologue and Chapter 1 of teh fanfic tomorrow. I hope. :P
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 13, 2012, 01:09:23 am »

Sorry for the delay in updating the first post.  Got distracted by Mass Effect 3.   

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:51 am »

You should (probably) use iron weapons in the traps, I just looked at the numbers in the wiki and steel will be much more deadly. Too deadly. Well, what a way to end a fort: inducing a tantrum spiral by using a boot camp... very dwarvenly!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:08 am »

Sorry for the delay in updating the first post.  Got distracted by Mass Effect 3.   

I fully endorse a training course designed to cripple and murder the vast majority of our fort's militia recruits, guaranteed that any who survive will be nigh-unkillable burnt-out psychopaths who don't give a damn about anything after watching their squadmates get cut to pieces.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 13, 2012, 09:30:09 am »

I'm praying to Armok that they release some kinda DLC to retcon that damn crap.  If they don't, I don't think Mass Effect will be viable as a franchise.

On about Deathgate though, I'm all for some kinda Batarian SIU type training for our military.  18% Death rate is totally acceptable to make Dwarven murder machines.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:36:57 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 13, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

18%?!  You should be happy with 90% fatalities from each training squad.  The surviving dwarf should emerge relatively Legendary in combat and be nigh-unkillable.  Do it right and just one dwarf will be a siege-killer.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:45 pm »

18%?!  You should be happy with 90% fatalities from each training squad.  The surviving dwarf should emerge relatively Legendary in combat and be nigh-unkillable.  Do it right and just one dwarf will be a siege-killer.

No matter the casualties, it must be done.

And on the plus side, totally not planned, Is that The Mad Fool gets a lot more training.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

And on the plus side, totally not planned, Is that The Mad Fool gets a lot more training.
He'll be a legendary butcher in no time!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »

He'll be a legendary butcher in no time!

This can only mean more Dwarven Cyborgs in Deathgate.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 14, 2012, 05:58:53 pm »

Dortimus, 12th Slade, 775, Spring

These damned miners... They haven't even started on my brilliant Training course. Damned useless miners... I've disabled everything but mining on a few of them, hopefully they'll actually start working.

I've complied a list of things that I'd like to complete this year, if not this season:
- Dig the Training Course already. Damned elvish miners, lazing around all day.
- Make the spears if we don't have any.
- Move the.. "Instructors" to their training room with their equipment.
- Make booze (Already done)
- KILL THE ELVES (If they arrive ( Goblins will do if no elves show up))
- Reclaim the hell fort from the Demons (Optional, Create the demons into crafts or bolts or Potash.)
- Be sure to restock the "Training dummies" after expending them in the Training Course.
- Try to capture a Giant Cave Spider for it's webbing.
- Try to use said webbing to catch Forgotten Beasts/ Demons for the Training Course.
- Be sure to alert The Mad Fool that he'll have some of Deathgates Finest's wash-outs coming in for medical treatment following the Training Course
- Try to get the men training before Summer.

Hopefully, I'll be able to staff out the Course by Late Spring.

Armok willing, my dream will become a reality, and Deathgate will know the glory that is Dortimus' Army.

End Journal, Dortimus.

(Some boring ass shit going on, Blame the low FPS :( )

Anybody know if Goblins can use Crossbows? Do they have to be marksgoblins? Will it blend?

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 15, 2012, 01:34:10 pm »

Anybody know if Goblins can use Crossbows? Do they have to be marksgoblins? Will it blend?
Yes Goblins can use crossbows, but I'm pretty sure they won't pick up any new weapons if you've already disarmed them. 

So if you have any goblins with crossbows already in their inventory, they'll use them.  If you just have a bunch of disarmed gobbos standing next to a pile of crossbows, they'll never pick them up.

But I haven't tried it in a long time, so this all may have changed.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 15, 2012, 04:42:30 pm »

No no no, you have it all wrong. See, it's the humans we want to kill, and good thing too bloody demon worshipers and all. I'd say we should keep the elves around just in case we need bait or something. Or in case Hell is brought down and the humans destroyed. After all, things get boring once you kill all your enemies ;)
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

No no no, you have it all wrong. See, it's the humans we want to kill, and good thing too bloody demon worshipers and all. I'd say we should keep the elves around just in case we need bait or something. Or in case Hell is brought down and the humans destroyed. After all, things get boring once you kill all your enemies ;)

Could I cage them and use them as GSC bait? I wonder...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 15, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »

We'll cage the elves, strip them naked, and install the cages in our new strip club.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

We'll cage the elves, strip them naked, and install the cages in our new strip club.

Eyurgh, who'd wanna look at that? Just commission some statues, they'll last longer.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 175