Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837538 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1650 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »

We'll cage the elves, strip them naked, and install the cages in our new strip club.

Eyurgh, who'd wanna look at that? Just commission some statues, they'll last longer.

Ya never know.  There's some real sicko's in Deathgate.  Some people like those hairless, skinny creatures.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:11 pm »

We'll cage the elves, strip them naked, and install the cages in our new strip club.

Eyurgh, who'd wanna look at that? Just commission some statues, they'll last longer.

Ya never know.  There's some real sicko's in Deathgate.  Some people like those hairless, skinny creatures.

Especially marinated in a sunberry sauce

Vahir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 16, 2012, 02:54:08 pm »

Whatever you do, capture and breed the elves so as to have a plenty full supply of entertainment.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Yeah, used to be like you.  "Don't draft the mothers" and "Make sure that mood gets fulfilled!" and "He's tantruming, better make him happier and not order him killed" or "Leave the gate open!  The woodcutter is still running away from the ambush!" Then I started throwing children to their deaths in an ornate glass display case in the middle of the dining hall

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 16, 2012, 03:07:56 pm »

Can you actually breed elves?  I've only ever kept them in cages.  I've never had free-range elves, so I've never tested it.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 16, 2012, 05:55:22 pm »

Hmm.  There's a challenge for Deathgate, Elf Farm.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »

Dortimus, 13th Hematite , 775, Summer

MY DREAM, IT IS TAKING FOREVER. In the mean time, I believe Deathgate's finest squad, The Bells of Wilt, will bathe in blood for the first time, we fight together in the Arena.

If my men could ever get their gear together.... It's taken them almost a month to gather up their arms, let alone fight and train. I'll need to re-configure the stockpiles I think... Whoever put the gear stockpiles didn't think to gather all the gear still at the entrance of the fortress.

Mitchewa got scared by a wolf near the entrance while trying to put things away. I have half a mind to get the butcher working on all these stray animals we have in the halls. But when the Bookkeeper gave me the Ledger.... we happen to have a lot of animals.

End Journal, Dortimus.

(Urgh, I haven't been able to play much, and I blame Civ5. Sorry guys, I'll try to have a substantial update tomorrow, If the Bells of Wilt gather their Equipment in time.)
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 21, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »

Bumpin' DG.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 22, 2012, 12:26:57 am »

Ugh, Bad news.

Save got corrupted, not sure how. I try to load it and it crashes to desktop almost immediately.

That's moderately depressing.

Anybody know what that might be? There's no error screen, just says "not responding" and then it crashes out.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »

Kind of odd. When does it start doing that? When it tries to load the save?

I wonder if it's something silly.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 22, 2012, 08:43:28 pm »

Deathgate's madness has been corrupting the save a bit, but it hasn't FUBAR'd the save until now.  If you want to restart from the last save you can, or you can pass.  Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

Deathgate's madness has been corrupting the save a bit, but it hasn't FUBAR'd the save until now.  If you want to restart from the last save you can, or you can pass.  Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

When you gaze into the abyss, it looks back at you... and corrupts your savegame just to taunt you mercilessly.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 23, 2012, 01:04:31 am »

Deathgate's madness has been corrupting the save a bit, but it hasn't FUBAR'd the save until now.

Son of a bitch.

To be honest, I'd love if you passed me for now, You know that feeling when you write up an essay and your dog yanks out the power cord 3 words from the end and then you have to reformat your PC because of some messed up shit and you can't salvage the HD and you have to write up a whole other essay in less than 3 hours because of your dog?

Well it isn't that bad of a feeling, but it's pretty bad. I'll take up another turn later.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »

I'm afraid I'm no longer able to do this, sorry. Best of luck, everyone!
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 23, 2012, 06:02:29 pm »

Actually it happened to me; it'd crash after a certain time every time I tried to play. So I got near the point of crashing, saved and exited, played for a few seconds, repeat. Eventually I got past the crash-spot and I went along without incident.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

I'm afraid I'm no longer able to do this, sorry. Best of luck, everyone!

I think Deathgate has reached into intimidating people of the World.

*shudder*

(joking man)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 175