Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 837541 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1680 on: April 01, 2012, 05:22:32 am »

Hopefully DG can keep going despite the numerous save corruptions floating about.

Worst case scenario I'll have to RP the save game corruption into Cthulu coming back and swallowing all of existence, but that still seems less epic than what Deathgate deserves.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 01, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »

Just RP it as the demons tearing reality asunder as a last-ditch effort to destroy the place.

Leaves a nice segue involving reality resetting itself in the form of a Deathgate II: Oh Fuck Vampires Everywhere Edition.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »

Oh noes, it's almost that time again. ! D:
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 01, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »

Double posting cause this shit's important. I keep trying to download the save and it keeps saying 404. Halp?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 01, 2012, 11:59:30 pm »

Gunpowder's a dork and didn't upload to DFFD, he uploaded to some other host, which appears to have dropped the file.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5830

Going to recommend that until someone successfully completes a year the OP's download link gets updated with this one rather than Gunpowder's.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 02, 2012, 03:30:53 am »

Hmpf. I don't know where the files went. I'll try and upload them again + go and find the admin of the machine and slap him across his face with a swordfish... it sucks when "new" people do your old job and think they can purge stuff they don't know about, lovemaking lovechilds, the misbegotten ones that they are, lovemaking netherworld! (I try to reduce the amount of swearing)
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:27 am »

Gunny, the link I posted is a mirror of your upload except on DFFD, you don't have to worry about reuploading <_<

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:09 pm »

3rd Granite, 775:

I have come to the hell fortress, Deathgate, hoping to loot this tomb of a mountain, and it's treasures, for my own. Imagine my surprise when, as I reached the lower levels, where it seems anything of value is kept, I found living dwarves! I'd heard tales of ghosts and demons, yes, but few believed that anyone could be living in this hole. In fairness, I knew I was getting close to the fort when I began to pick up the smell of death. Traders come but don't return. What would you expect?

The citizens of Deathgate, such as they were, were less surprised than I when I ran into them. They simply told me that there was hauling to be done, and set me to work. After a few frustrated minutes of questioning, I managed to get one of them to accompany me on my rounds, that he could show me the most important parts of the fortress.

Apparently, the top levels aren't in use anymore. Everything is done just above hell. I don't know that I see the wisdom in keeping so close to demons, but I suppose it means a shorter walk to the workshop.

It seems that aside from trade goods, the most abundant things in Deathgate are goblins and corpses. I was shown into the hellbunker (I needed to see such a thing with my own eyes, after all), and the way down was strewn with coffins, not a single one unoccupied. Worse still, when we reached the bunker, dead militia dwarves were seen around a different room filled end to end with coffins. I heard another dwarf calling for more to be set up, to accommodate the last bunch of casualties.

Even more strangely, there are about as many caged goblins living in Deathgate as dwarves! It's nothing if not bizarre. But it gets stranger still.

Apparently, the fortress is in need of an overseer. And, as I am apparently a piss poor hauler, the dwarves seem to think I'd be better off leading. I don't know what kind of logic that is, but there you have it. I came to make off with a few trinkets, and swiped a mountain. I suppose the first thing to do is try to get their military up to snuff...

OOC: Okay, things aren't as horrible as I expected. I've got close to 15 FPS, and aside from the agonizing amount of time it's taking to set up coffins for our little grave-stuffers, things are alright so far. Maybe it's because I've had two runs with it already, but for the most part, things aren't too nuts.

I have a few goals in mind for Deathgate, primarily cleaning up, getting the military up to snuff instead of getting snuffed, and see about drawing migrants back to the fort, because we need them.

Just one question: Where is the barracks?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 02, 2012, 09:58:06 pm »

If there was a barracks in the Hellbunker, I think it got melted by one of the fire demon groups I let through into that area. I KNOW that a booze stockpile got exploded and Mitchewawa's bedroom, silver furnishings and all, got melted.

Are there any demons left in the Hellbunker or is it now secure?

If the DUCKOTRON is reclaimed, I hereby demand that you throw the lever and do a drop.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 02, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »

If there was a barracks in the Hellbunker, I think it got melted by one of the fire demon groups I let through into that area. I KNOW that a booze stockpile got exploded and Mitchewawa's bedroom, silver furnishings and all, got melted.

Are there any demons left in the Hellbunker or is it now secure?

If the DUCKOTRON is reclaimed, I hereby demand that you throw the lever and do a drop.

Nah, there are at least two in the section with the DUCKOTRON. Obviously, we need to prepare before facing the demons again.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

Last I heard, the barracks was assigned to one of the racks in the bedroom level of the bunker. Or something like that. Also, since we have so many goblins, one of my favorite ways of training recruits is to set them up in armor and a wooden training weapon, putting them in a sealed room with a couple caged and stripped goblins, pulling the lever, and waiting for level 5 or so in everything. After that, fun things with armed goblins and/or the obstacle course.

PS: If we could wait for the humans to show up, surround the depot with cage traps, at least 7 deep, and then turn the archers on...

Just a thought. Demon-worshipping training-dummies. What could be better? Heck, it might even serve to get them pissed enough to declare war!
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:53 am »

1) Re: save and uploading: yeah, I know. I changed the links in my post to point to the DFFD version. I still need to reupload the pics and change all of the links... and find a swordfish to hit the new admin with.

2) I reclaimed a lot of the hellbunker, the duck-o-tron is save(ish), as is the path to it, though I removed the pen/pasture zone on top of the drawbridge so that the geese and ducks could claim the nest boxes and breed. When I left DG, there were no demons to be seen outside the hellbunker (there are still the Assassin Bug Fiend and one or two Saffron Demons in the courtyard, they cannot reach you though). Unfortunately the demons are sitting in a lower level of the hellbunker where you have a hard time to reach them with archers. Probably build something to cave in the floor above on them and then obsidianise the area to get rid of the blood / extract / dust / dunno.

3) catching the humans and using them as training dummies: great idea! I drowned them when they were visiting last time. It might be difficult to catch them as they are considered "friendly" by the game (not by us, though). What really is missing is a button to declare war on other civs!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:34 am »

*wanders in from page 25ish*

Just a heads up, all of noodle's pics from like 9 months ago are broken because they're hosted on Photobucket. Does anyone have them still lying around and can upload them to a better source like imgur? It pains me that I can't see such large swaths of gameplay.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 03, 2012, 09:59:31 pm »

21st Granite: I was introduced to the military today. It was, for whatever reason, set up as two 10 dwarf squads, and a straggler in another squad. I took valuable time out of my day to restructure the military into (mostly) two dwarf squads. This should maximize training.

2nd Slate: Or not. The dwarves just are not heading to the barracks that I designated after my last entry. I can't imagine why this would be.
In other news, that room that was designated to be mined out by the previous overseer near the huge ammo stockpile is done. I've made plans to convert said room into a training arena, as it's easily sealed,and has interesting wall indentations which are easily converted into goblin cage holders. Once we get them out of recruit status, I can pit them against the gobbos, and they can learn how to really fight.

8th Slate: After a thorough search, I can not find what seems to be obstructing the militaries path the barracks. I can only be forced to conclude that, at some point, training schedules were set in such a way that military dwarves were not locked in a room until they were Legendary Fighters. Bunch of whack jobs, obviously.

16th Felsite: Finally got a couple of the dwarves to spar. Both recruits, but hopefully they can learn something while they fight. I also engraved a floor plan of the barracks, such as it is, ammo stockpile and the proto-arena, which has a drawbridge for a gate now, at the very least. We've already started moving goblins in.

OOC: Having no haulers is ridiculous. More vexingly, it appears that the building menu isn't recognizing the vast majority of the goblins. Also, I'm not drowning or capturing the filthy humans. Instead, I am going to export a ridiculous amount of trade goods, and hope some good old dwarven greed gets us more able bodies.

Probably not though, since you guys seem to love getting our entire military torn to shreds, with civilians being decapitated on the side. If nothing else, maybe the next guy will end up with some migrants, who knows?

And there are totally two demons in the hell bunker, and that is some other poor sap's problem. I have a civilization to rebuild.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 175