Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836085 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1695 on: April 03, 2012, 10:10:22 pm »

I honestly love how every year ends and starts with

Quote from:  Current Overseer
Quote from:  Previous Overseer
I've got everything stable, just keep doing what I've set up and the fort will prosper
What the last guy did was insane and indiscernible.  Here's my glorious scheme to bring the fort out of the dark ages that will probably only get half-finished

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:36 pm »

I think that's pretty much every community fortress. Everyone has their own vision for the place.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 04, 2012, 01:26:26 am »

The, uh. "No haulers" thing is at least partly my fault, I did some dicking around with labors in order to force dwarves to do things I deemed more important.

Like WALLING OFF THE GODDAMN HELLBUNKER SO THE DEMONS DIDN'T ESCAPE.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 04, 2012, 02:26:10 am »

The, uh. "No haulers" thing is at least partly my fault, I did some dicking around with labors in order to force dwarves to do things I deemed more important.

GET BACK TO WORK ON THE WAAAAALLS!

....sorry, don't know what came over me there. 

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 04, 2012, 05:08:03 am »

eeh, i stopped reading at the first massive clown induced slaughter thinking this died, HOW IS THIS STILL ALIVE? A PACT WITH ARMOK?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 04, 2012, 06:40:41 am »

You did your job well. Though if the demons had left by now we could reclaim the lower courtyard... on the other hand: there don't seem to be (flying) demons around at the moment, so expanding the upper levels of the hellbunker could work.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:15 am »

Heh.

I was in a panic reaction at that point; I knew that the assassin bug would probably go through the rest of our military like they were made of toilet paper, and partly due to MY OWN EFFORTS there were actually about three alternate routes from the occupied area of the Hellbunker to the fortress heart that I simply hadn't noticed. I had actually tried sealing off the fortress BEFORE I tried my grand "Reclaim the hellbunker entrance" scheme, but the extra entrances made that fail miserably, and it wasn't until Saffron Demons were pathing in that I realized we had the extra entrances.

I came this close to completely walling off the hellbunker in a panic reaction at a level above the magma sea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:35:29 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:59 pm »

Have I been dorfed?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 05, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »

Hey, Blademaster. Is there a child dwarf named Tiny Tim (and/or a baby dwarf named Lashidang) anywhere in the fort? I seem to remember Tiny Tim got killed off but I don't know who killed him, and I'm wondering if Idort's save corruption means Timmy survived.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 05, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

How many dwarfs are left in Deathgate at this point?  It seems like ages since we had any migrants mentioned.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »

I had like two migrants during my reign.

I left the fort with sixty-odd dwarves, several of which were children, babies, or cripples. (Not that crippling injury really bothers Deathgate dwarves...)

I can't imagine Gunny got too many migrants either.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 05, 2012, 03:40:01 pm »

Tiny Tim died under my reign. He rushed into the hellbunker while I was trying to replace an easy to break door with a wall. I don't know what he was looking for as everything was forbidden down there, so the Assassin Bug Fiend got him. Messy.

Migrants: No, not even one... we could really need the haulers to haul stone block bins downstairs for the expansion of the hellfort.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »

*sniff* poor timmy

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 06, 2012, 01:21:58 pm »

Small update, it's been a busy week.

22nd Hematite: Found the dead body of a miner in one of the walls. I had the wall torn down and the miner buried, to appease
the ghost. I'll try to do something about the others too, there are a lot of restless souls around here. Considering we're occupying hell, it makes sense, I suppose.

27th Hematite: A couple of ghosts are hanging around the barracks. It's creepy, but training isn't slowing from it's previously
established glacial pace. We have ten fighters at recruit status, and 2 axedwarves. The rest are marksdwarves.

1st Malachite: Some idiot made an artifact amulet. I was excited right up until I heard the phrase "Throw it on the pile."
Deathgate has an unbelievable wealth of artifacts. It's a little ridiculous. I'm sure no one will notice if I take a few with me when I leave...

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 06, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »

Please Re-dorf me, Iggy McNatz III (I believe) dedicated hauler.

I'll also toss my hat in the ring, provided I can run the save. I'll check tonight.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 175