Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832713 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1785 on: April 29, 2012, 03:34:18 am »

Scaliper it has been one week since your last post and longer still since your last update.

You have until Tuesday to give us a post or you turn will be skipped.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 29, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »

Very sorry. I became unexpectedly unwell. Post should be coming up later tonight.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 29, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »

Well, summer has started off on an interesting note. There is this small child, going by "Baby Demon," withdrew entirely from society. The name concerns me greatly. I am strongly considering having the child put down, and the parents as well! Honestly! Naming a child after our bloodthirsty enemies? This is the greatest affront to our honor I have yet seen. Anyway, she started gathering a large number of rather valuable items and started making something. Clearly the sign of a greatly troubled mind.

Meanwhile, AnimaRytak III, proud descendent of our great founder, was possessed by some horrid spirit, and is currently tearing about his room throwing all manner of things to the winds. I can only pray that the serfs haulers manage to place some coffins quickly and get bodies inside them, so that we may get this tortured soul out of the body of this poor dwarf.

------------------

Well, it would seem that all is well. The blasphemous child has created a bed out of bone, and the mad spirit left AnimaRytak. However, it was not due to the body of the spirit being placed in a coffin, so I am strongly considering having those worthless ingrate haulers flogged. However, since we have so few, my options are limited. In the meantime, the bed has given me an idea. I shall set up my own personal quarters in Hell! I have drafted plans for a magnificent room, and have sent the masons to clean up floor in the meantime. I can't imagine it would take a long time.

OOC: I got the floor of the bunker as clean as I could. I basically designated all floors to be removed, and then rebuilt them. I could have placed statues, but we have so few haulers that this seemed a better option. Didn't take too long regardless.

------------------

Dire news today! The brave dwarf to shoot down the sapphire demon, Ezum Lunkubuk, was caught by a goblin ambush today. After some investigation, I found that he was outside collecting a cage from a previous ambush. All dwarves have been forbidden from touching those cages, at least for now. Happily, the goblins were all caught in traps. Once we are sure that the area is safe, we shall bring them inside and make them pay! In the meantime, they are caught outside in cages, so they'll be uncomfortable at the very least. I hope at least one of them gets eaten alive by a hyena or something.

On a brigh...well, different note, the human caravan managed to show up unannounced and get to our depot. I have not yet found out what peon is responsible for this travesty, but they shall be dealt with. In the meantime, I took everything that had not been moved from our depot, and effectively traded our depot for their caravan. Hopefully this shall spread our name to the corners of the world and draw some peasants to us. Otherwise, we shall have to cease our conquest for at least a decade, and that would simply be a disgrace.

Once that happens, of course, we shall need to destroy every caravan that comes to us from those filthy demon-worshippers to make up for the profit! Maybe kill some traders, too, for good measure. We have to be careful, though. I've heard that humans keep note of all traps they see, so we may need to secure our entrance more creatively at some point.

Autumn ended with the end of trading. My bedroom is coming along nicely, and the military is still training, albeit slowly. The less dignified dwarves are busy serving me and the military, which is fitting for our greatness. I must say...This is the life!
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 29, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »

Trading?!

Why would you give them anything when I made that lovely drainable killbox?  Drown the lot of 'em and TAKE their goods!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 30, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

Trading?!

Why would you give them anything when I made that lovely drainable killbox?  Drown the lot of 'em and TAKE their goods!
He's trying to attract migrants.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1790 on: April 30, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

Trading?!

He's trying to attract migrants.

Assuming there is anyone left to migrant to the fort :-/. I thought you had to trade with the dwarfian cavarn to make that work though.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »

Kid Lashidang is going to be a legendary!?

Is he claiming a crafter's workshop, indicating a lame legendary stonecrafter baby demon, or is he doing something useful?

EDIT:
LEGENDARY BONECRAFTER BABY DEMON YES

Also aren't declarations of war by humans/elves broken in this version? Because if they're working, we should have earned a human or elf siege long ago.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:19:24 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1792 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:44 am »

Kid Lashidang is going to be a legendary!?

Is he claiming a crafter's workshop, indicating a lame legendary stonecrafter baby demon, or is he doing something useful?

EDIT:
LEGENDARY BONECRAFTER BABY DEMON YES

Also aren't declarations of war by humans/elves broken in this version? Because if they're working, we should have earned a human or elf siege long ago.

Worldgen wiped the elves off the map (in a seriously bloody war; I posted the legends screen a few pages back). I'm thinking it might be because they have a demon leader who wants to see humans die that we haven't gotten seiged to hell.

Then again, would you want to go to war with a mountianhome that defeated, colonized, and embarrassed the clowns?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:32 am »

It's the Duck-o-tron that scares them off.  No demon wants to face a machine that automatically generates and deploys ducks onto the surface of hell itself.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 01, 2012, 11:13:35 am »

It's the Duck-o-tron that scares them off.  No demon wants to face a machine that automatically generates and deploys ducks onto the surface of hell itself.

This, 110% truth!
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 01, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »

Automatically, huh...

It'd be nice to be able to drop "ropes" into something from above, something dwarves could slowly climb but animals couldn't. Something that required a [GRASP] tag to climb, that is.

I'd drop a dwarf into the DUCKOTRON and rewire the bridge to work off of a pressure plate, then set up a re-triggering device somewhere, to automate the duckodrops.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 02, 2012, 12:30:46 am »

Well, there's ways you can avoid that our army of duckness tries to invade the main fort. You can assign them to a pasture in the Duck-o-Tron or (well OR, not XOR) you can make the hatch to be unpassable for animals (they'll try sneaking through, though).
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 02, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

It'd be nice to be able to drop "ropes" into something from above, something dwarves could slowly climb but animals couldn't. Something that required a [GRASP] tag to climb, that is.
How about stairs with a floor hatch at the top that is kept tightly closed.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »

Does that work?

I guess it would, really, since a dwarf teleports through the hatch, or something...

hmm.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:52 pm »

Does that work?

I guess it would, really, since a dwarf teleports through the hatch, or something...

hmm.

I think you'll find he means that you can lock demons out and unlock it to let errant dwarves inside.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 175