Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835948 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1815 on: May 12, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »

Hey, I'm new to here (and just read through Deathgate in about two days) and I have a small birthday present.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deathgate in Minecraft!

I used DF2Minecraft in DFhack and produced a usable Alpha map of Deathgate for exploring. I haven't explored much yet, but I'm sure it will be properly epic.

The save file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18948156/World1.7z
So, if anyone wants to see more, just tell me and I'll take some more pics, and post the Cartograph as well.

Sha-weet.  Give us a tour!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »

Alright, here goes. I'm posting as I explore.

Here is the overall surface map:

And here is the entrance hallway:

Some of the bedrooms (No actual beds in Alpha)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:00:23 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 12, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

Damn. It stopped the gen at exactly ONE level above the Deathgate logo.  :(
Sooo...yeah. I can't explore DF hell in Minecraft until the wonderful people at DFHack update the converter to use the latest map format (which adds a huge height increase, enough to get down to hell).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:59:24 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 12, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »

For what it's worth, my next and final update should be up by the end of tuesday.

Also, post up if you get the entire map genned. I'd love to explore =D
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »

<climbs out of Real-Life Obligations Abyss>

Gah... took forever. I think I'll actually have time to take my turn. I hope things haven't (chuckle) gone to hell since I've been gone.
This is my 3rd turn attempt, but the third time's the charm!
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:21 pm »

For what it's worth, my next and final update should be up by the end of tuesday.

Also, post up if you get the entire map genned. I'd love to explore =D
Yeah. As it stands, the whole thing is playable down to exactly one z-level above the colossal demon face. If you have a copy of Minecraft and MCNostalgia (accept no substitutes, they don't work) you can explore most of the fortress.

On a side note, does anyone remember if either BATTEREY or BATTERY had a hotkey, or even where they were? I'm trying to get some pictures in Minecraft.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 13, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »

For added effect, play the DeathGate in Minecraft save with this mod installed.
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 13, 2012, 03:17:34 pm »

Well, after wrestling with the save format (it's in 1.2.5 now) I finally did just that!
Full diamond/candy armor, too.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 13, 2012, 04:44:37 pm »

Well, after wrestling with the save format (it's in 1.2.5 now) I finally did just that!
Full diamond/candy armor, too.

I can die happy now.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 13, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »

Glad to be of service.
Does anyone want the new save? Fully updated for the latest MC version.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 14, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »

Yes. Please give me the save!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 14, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

I'll post it in the post linked to in the OP.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »

My apologies, everyone. I have completed the year, but apparently I have to go "right now," so the writeup will have to wait until tomorrow, probably around 5-ish. Again, very sorry.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 16, 2012, 05:04:42 pm »

OOC: I apologize in advance for the anticlimax. Winter was not very eventful, to say the least.

Winter has opened in a great way! Some pleb or another got down to the trade depot at last, and trading commenced! As per the last round of trading, we basically traded our depot for their wagon. And much mirth was to be had! Dear ARMOK I hope some migrants come in the spring. Anyway, they skidaddled very soon thereafter, going off to parts unknown.

On an equally happy note, my tomb has been completed! Now I shall not have to suffer the spirits of these peasants in my death, being interred instead in the bowels of Hell, directing the actions of those there from beyond the veil.

Also, some rogue spirit possessed a hauler. He ran around, put a sticky-note on a mason's shop reading "Etur's" and ran off in search of materials. Very...expensive materials. He darn well better make something useful!

To pass the time, I ordered someone to bring me another iced rum, and did some exercises with my spear. I've promoted myself to Captain of the Militia, so I'd best be in-shape.

---------

That bloody plebian got finished with is work today. You know what it was? A QUERN! Made out of ADAMANTINE! That lousy little...I've just sent some soldiers to give him a severe beating. They should be back any minute now. In fact, those footsteps behind me are surely th

The journal ends here suddenly, and does not pick up for another few months. It seems that there was a small insurrection, and Scaliper II was locked in jail, for "Bein' a despotic prick, the arsehole" according to official records. While he remained captain of the militia, rule of the fortress was turned over to someone assumed to be a more reasonable leader.

Well, that ends my turn. Winter turned out to be much less eventful than I had hoped, but whatever. In the meantime, I'll be handing the save over as soon as I get it uploaded(just a couple minutes).

Note to the next overlord:

For the love of beards, Armok, and all that is dwarvenly, do NOT let the military get into a fight any time soon. They're still almost exclusively below second level of skill in anything combat related. On the bright side, the bunker is clear to build in as you see fit. Also, don't mess with my room or tomb!

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 16, 2012, 05:11:48 pm »

Well...sorry for the triple post, but my edit function isn't working. :(

Anywhom, save is here
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 175