Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 843055 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #1980 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:17 am »

Then I suppose the upper levels of the fort should be collapsed, while the fort lives and survives completely in hell.

I'm already envisioning a Syrupleaf-esque Deathgate 2 where the future inhabitants have to fight the horribly mutated former inhabitants of the first Deathgate. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 11, 2012, 05:32:44 am »

Then I suppose the upper levels of the fort should be collapsed, while the fort lives and survives completely in hell.

I'm already envisioning a Syrupleaf-esque Deathgate 2 where the future inhabitants have to fight the horribly mutated former inhabitants of the first Deathgate.

I've actually got an idea about that.
It involves extra-dimensional ghosts, body surfing, and the inhabitants of old Deathgate possessing the new fort's citizens.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: June 11, 2012, 06:03:12 am »

Is Krosan still kicking, or did he die off at some point?

If he's dead, requesting redorf as any unnamed CARP.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 11, 2012, 06:47:05 am »

Melt down all the carpy copper armor and weapons and then smith new stuff. Sure, you'll lose a lot of metal by this, on the other hand: if it's not Adamantine, who cares?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:48 am »

I've actually got an idea about that.
It involves extra-dimensional ghosts, body surfing, and the inhabitants of old Deathgate possessing the new fort's citizens.

Considering how many named dorfs have traveled from body to body ( Noodle comes to mind, as well as myself I suppose ) this makes perfect sense. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1985 on: June 11, 2012, 02:12:55 pm »

Is Krosan still kicking, or did he die off at some point?

If he's dead, requesting redorf as any unnamed CARP.
I reckon the remaining dwarves of Deathgate shouldn't rest until the entire fortress lives in an expanded Hellbunker.  Beds, farms, workshops and automated water tanks to keep them clean and hydrated between booze barrels.
[/quote]

If (and I stress if) the obsidian casting in hell works to clean up the magma sea leak, I can simply reopen it, and cast an entire extension to the hell bunker out of pure obsidian Z-2 tall. With a little luck, I might even be able to get us magma forges in hell itself. Then we can smooth, and engrave the entire thing without risking a single dorf in the process. I also plan to build the danger room as part of the waterway (will explain in more detail in the next few updates) unless I have a better idea in the intern.

You are still alive, and one of the MarkCARPs in training ATM and are currently SLEEPING in 5/7 water. (how you are doing it, I have no idea). Annoying, sleeping dwarfs don't gain states, so you aren't even a Dabbling swimmer yet :-/.

Melt down all the carpy copper armor and weapons and then smith new stuff. Sure, you'll lose a lot of metal by this, on the other hand: if it's not Adamantine, who cares?

Lack of furnace operators is making this annoying as hell, but I'll see what I can do. May have to draft the vast majority of non-military dwarfs to smelt ore and melt the old crappy stuff.

I reckon the remaining dwarves of Deathgate shouldn't rest until the entire fortress lives in an expanded Hellbunker.  Beds, farms, workshops and automated water tanks to keep them clean and hydrated between booze barrels.

If (and I stress if) the obsidian casting in hell works to clean up the magma sea leak, I can simply reopen it, and cast an entire extension to the hell bunker out of pure obsidian Z-2 tall. With a little luck, I might even be able to get us magma forges in hell itself. Then we can smooth, and engrave the entire thing without risking a single dorf in the process. I also plan to build the danger room as part of the waterway (will explain in more detail in the next few updates) unless I have a better idea in the intern.

I hope to have the next update tonight or tomorrow which should cover most of summer (I hope).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »

make sure tryrar is one of those body surfers for the next fort. In fact, I request starting 7 status
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 11, 2012, 02:43:12 pm »

make sure tryrar is one of those body surfers for the next fort. In fact, I request starting 7 status

Easily done.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 11, 2012, 03:37:18 pm »

Easily done.

I'd also like starting 7.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 11, 2012, 03:42:05 pm »

Easily done.

Me too.  After all, where would Deathgate be without its Mad Surgeon?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1990 on: June 11, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »

Easily done.

Add me to the starting seven as well :-) (though it means my dorf is unlikely to survive until my turn but oh well).

EDIT: Looks like I'll have more time to play than previous expected; flash flooding just took out the Alaska Highway, stranding me south of the border. Expect an update tonight.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:59:43 pm by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 11, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

Starting 7 of DG2 will be as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1992 on: June 11, 2012, 04:52:26 pm »

Starting 7 of DG2 will be as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome!!!

If we're getting ready for DG2, I'd like to suggest an evil tundra/glacier with a volcano. It isn't DG without the volcano after all.

May I also make a suggestion that we close the turn list for DG1 and start taking turns for DG2, and after the last players have their turns, I (or someone else) can I pen a conclusion should the fort still be standing. If it isn't, and the ending is anticlimatic, then I'll  have my dorf write some final words (at the end of my turn, my dorf will "leave" as an adventure and setup the endgame for Deathgate).

EDIT: I managed to upload SOME of the pics for the last update which should give a proper scale of the mess in Hell right now and forgot to bring up that a child went into a mood. Will roll that into the next update.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:58:57 pm by NCommander »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 11, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

May I also make a suggestion that we close the turn list for DG1 and start taking turns for DG2, and after the last players have their turns, I (or someone else) can I pen a conclusion should the fort still be standing. If it isn't, and the ending is anticlimatic, then I'll  have my dorf write some final words (at the end of my turn, my dorf will "leave" as an adventure and setup the endgame for Deathgate).

Support.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 11, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

furhtermore, can I have my dorf be the early militia commander? All my dorfs either are the most badass dorf in the game(watchgleam, here ofc) or die horribly(Hellcannon); Sometimes always both
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 175