Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835993 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2085 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:03 am »

Seems things have calmed down, no one died in awhile. 16-ish goblins alive and free in Deathgate, with 9 in the live-firing range, so a grand total of 7 from the siege are left. We've got several pages full of goblins in cages (from earlier ambuishs), and our military is barely alive, but I think we're standing.

What's left of the goblins isn't moving, and we don't have enough fighting force to clean up, so I got to hope they just bugger off and leave at some point. That being said, we just dealt with the goblin equivelent of a clown rush, with only the weapon traps, the doombridge, and the military, and we're still standing.

That's got to say something.

EDIT: Christ, flails, morningstars and whips go through candy armor like butter. Of those who died fighting, it was a single hit to the bran that connected and killed them.

EDIT 2: And a dwarf just went into a mood and claimed a mason workshop. This artifact is going to be "interesting" I can tell

EDiT 3: Ok, we've got three (possibly 4?) axedwarfs, two speardwarfs, and five markdwarfs left, so total of seven dead military dwarfs. The axedwarfs that survived were the ones who were late to muser and thus didn't get any kills or experience. (also, scalliper is alive, I just missed him on my first pass through on the list)

EDIT 4: Uh oh. We lost a fair number of cats during the battle as well. "has lost a pet" is a common thought from the dwarfs I checked. Therapist shows only one is actually unhappy, but a large part of the fort is fair, and very close to unhappy. If *anything* goes wrong, it might start a spiral ...

EDIT 5: Seems the "heros" bug hit us. Our Elite marksdwarfs became regular marksdwarfs even though they're all past experience level 11 :-(

*feels pissed off since I built the military to be awesome, and they got offed*

EDIT 6: we got a candy door of all things. And not even a very interesting one at that, it merely shows the settling of a noname dwarf in 755 in Deathgate ...

EDIT 7: and now the Dwarven traders are bugged. They won't leave the trade depot despite the fact the departure message was two in-game weeks ago.

EDIT 8: So I found I can see "kills" in the death profile of our military where they are 'deceased'. Looks like weapontraps got a lot of the final blows (the entire bridge more or less was blown out), but several axedwarfs went down with 3-4 kills per name ... and then their are a few with a big fat goose-egg.

What else can go fucking wrong ...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:05:20 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 29, 2012, 12:57:21 pm »

Well...at least I got a death notation this time :)

Looks like no migrants will come, so now we really need to get millions of babies...
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:46 pm »

Am I dead again? At least I keep falling in battle. I think I might have to revise my plans for my turn.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:07 am »

Final Goal for Deathgate: Get down to 7 living dwarves. Seven arrived, seven shall see the final days of the fort...

Or don't, whatever.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2089 on: June 30, 2012, 03:55:25 am »

Am I dead again? At least I keep falling in battle. I think I might have to revise my plans for my turn.

I'll get you redorf'ed with the other deaths I listed tonight.

Month and a half left on the fort. Will slog through it tonight/tomorrow morning (this incident has kinda killed my desire to play so I'm just sit and play with no large updates; I doubt much more can happen at this point). I'll also upload the save just before it went to hell along with it. I leave it to the community to decide which one to use.

EDIT: Disregard those last updates .Turns out when I saved last night /home was full, and the save corrupted itself. The autosave from winter is ok, so the fort stands with most of its military still alive (5 axelords/1 hammerdwarf/5 marksdwarfs), and is right before TAD went and off'ed himself.

I'm writing this up to canon that TAD decided that outcome was far to silly to let stand and made sure that history rewrote it. Replaying now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:56:03 am by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 30, 2012, 09:32:48 am »

Oh god, 9 CARP died?

Deathgate's military is doomed!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 30, 2012, 11:04:08 am »

I'm writing this up to canon that TAD decided that outcome was far to silly to let stand and made sure that history rewrote it. Replaying now.

It'd probably be more like TAD feeding you false information from the front lines. 

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: June 30, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »

Eh, you don't have to redorf me. The fort will die soon anyway.

Anyways, epic update. Can't wait to see the rest.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 01, 2012, 02:46:37 am »

...Darn. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 01, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »

NRDL, you're cursed.

So Goblinpocalypse didn't happen? Or just the bloody carnage where everyone got killed at?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2096 on: July 02, 2012, 12:44:21 am »

NRDL, you're cursed.

So Goblinpocalypse didn't happen? Or just the bloody carnage where everyone got killed at?

About half-and-half. When I unpaused the winter save, Edler, and Tryranr immediately died. I did save NRDL and TAD though. We've got 3 axedwarfs, 2 speardwarfs, 1 hammerdwarf, and 5 markdwarks, so the vast majority of the military seems to have survives. The merchants on the way out managed to clean up more of the goblins, but the "SEIGE" tag is still active. They don't seem to want to enter Deathgate and are sitting outside the fort (I guess the leader died or something).

EDIT: So it looks like the Deathbridge claimed two by being stunned on traps, with another dodging off the bridge, the goblins claimed three (one axedwarfs, and two marksdwarfs which had hauling enabled by accident). On the flipside, looks like the Deathbridge counted for at least 5-10 goblin deaths via traps or dodging stupidity.

EDIT 2: So the reason no one pulled the drawbrdge control is the doors to the level room were marked forbidden. Great ...

EDIT 3: Associated images

Also, flooding hell with water to stop the leaking magma sea worked, and made a "hell" of a mess. The aqueduct is shutdown and is causing mnimal FPS lag in its shutdown state

EDIT 4: Looks like everything quietled down, The bridge is retracted, and the goblins are not moving anyway. Took the military offduty and sent them back to their pump operating. All and all, they didn't do too bad considerng none of them had much in terms of weapon skills (I think the highest was Elders at level 4, and he took a few with him; generally when the hits connected, they were leathal; bodyparts are all over the Doombridge.)

EDIT 5: Krosan managed to earn a nickname while I wasn't looking. He is Kikrost 'Krosan' Zanegrinual am Bobrur (or, "the Speech of Mothers"), that makes us now have two badasses with nicknames.

Seriously, did DF just make a "your momma?" joke?

EDIT 6: And my turn is done. Uploading both saves momentary.

Before siege: http://people.ubuntu.com/~mcasadevall/dg-before-hell.zip
Spring 778:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~mcasadevall/Deathgate-778.zip

I need to reupload these to DFMA, but for now, they'll rest on my personal storage.

I may go back and add more images that I took, but I'm so burned out on DF at the moment that I don't even want to think about running a fort anytime soon.

EDIT 8: Eldes (and/or the DG community) its basically up to you if you want to continue with my full turn played out, or roll back the clock and see if you can save the military. It should be possible to avoid everything by unlocking the control room, retracting the bridge, and forcing the goblins down the cage staircase.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:02:56 am by NCommander »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:27 am »

.....heh, I just got a crazy idea for how to end this. It's simple: We build a Suicide Lever al la Failcannon(anyone remember Failday?), though this one should be lava themed somehow(or maybe goblin themed. We release all our prisoners at once and see if the remaining military can beat them up!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:01 am »

No, this is Deathgate.  There's no way to re-trigger a demonsplosion, right?  Cause having a new one would be a pretty righteous end. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 02, 2012, 09:16:07 am »

No, this is Deathgate.  There's no way to re-trigger a demonsplosion, right?  Cause having a new one would be a pretty righteous end. 

If you send undertrained dwarves to deliver 'invitations' to the demons nearest the Hellbunker, they should decide to path up into the fort for fun and destruction
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 175