Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835965 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2130 on: July 11, 2012, 12:15:30 pm »

i say use autodump
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 11, 2012, 08:11:20 pm »

I'm gonna cast my vote for the autodump as well. Would be a shame to lose this fort to a low FPS rate.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 12, 2012, 06:24:41 am »

+1 vote for autodump.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 12, 2012, 06:59:50 am »

+1 vote for autodump.

Dunno if my vote counts for anything, but yeah, +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 12, 2012, 12:27:16 pm »

Dunno if my vote counts for anything, but yeah, +1
You like elves. I vote that your vote doesn't count.

BTW. +1 vote for autodump  :D
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 12, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »

Well, so far it looks like I'll be autodumping, but I'd like to get AnimaRytak's opinion as well, as it is his thread. I figure if he doesn't say No by the end of the day, I'll start with the dumping. This fort will run at 35+ FPS by the end of my turn or I'll eat my mouse!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »

Why not just make a backup of the save as of now, then go ahead and autodump?

If it utterly fails to improve FPS, or if Anima gets tweaked out for some reason, you could always revert to the backup.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 12, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

Good point. I didn't think about that, since I don't usually use it in my other forts, but that would work. I'll get started soon, should have a proper update by tomorrow.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 14, 2012, 01:23:36 am »

Autodump approved.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 14, 2012, 04:00:46 am »

Would it be too much to ask that the autodump be written in as some supernatural force?  Like the savescum  in Syrupleaf? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2140 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:26 am »

Well, so far it looks like I'll be autodumping, but I'd like to get AnimaRytak's opinion as well, as it is his thread. I figure if he doesn't say No by the end of the day, I'll start with the dumping. This fort will run at 35+ FPS by the end of my turn or I'll eat my mouse!

If you fail, I want to see that video on youtube :-).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 14, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »

If you fail, I want to see that video on youtube :-).

This.

Also, FORWARD THE CARP MARINES! SEMPER EBRIOS!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:11 pm »

Would it be too much to ask that the autodump be written in as some supernatural force?  Like the savescum  in Syrupleaf? 

Well, I'm not really good at RPing stuff like this, but personally, I'm just blaming the mass disappearance of items on the ghosts. They're known thieves and I've only managed to put down 5 of them so far.

Also, FORWARD THE CARP MARINES! SEMPER EBRIOS!

Well, most of them were dead before my turn started, 2 more died on bizarre suicide trips into marksgoblin forces to celan themselves in the river or reload a trap that I expressly forbade access to, one died in bed, I think, and I'm just sort of ignoring the rest, since my goal is to clean up the fort, not kill things.

So far, I've decommissioned at least 8 garbage sites, built an atom smasher in an adamantine vein near the main base, smashed 22,504 items so far, incinerated upwards of 100 animals by flooding AnimaRytak II's tomb with magma (Sorry about that, BTW, the sarcophagus is still intact, but someone was already using it to store animals, so I just shoved as many more as I could into it, and dug to the volcano. No dwarf deaths). I've begun walling off the empty sections of the fort, but it's slow going. I'm also still decommissioning random and useless stockpiles all over the fort.

Also, while looking up what I've done so far, who's bright idea was it to hide about 10,000 corpses from view? My autodump doesn't dump hidden things.

Also also, what lever do I pull to open the front gate? I've cleaned off the bridge, the traps should work again, and weapon traps deal with enemies much better than cage traps.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 14, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »

Wow, It's like a dorf Rapture....
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 14, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »

I wouldn't bother opening the front door.  Nothing good comes from the outside world anymore so you may as well wall it off and leave the last dwarves in the world in their tomb
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 175