Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836872 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2160 on: July 18, 2012, 09:13:49 am »

Seriously, 50+ FPS? Christ. That *had* to be a record for a community game that'sbeen going on as long as this one. Pretty much goes into "Beyond the Impossible"  on my HOLY SHIT scale.

I'm guessing my dwarf still alive since we have 2 engineers ...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:17:57 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 18, 2012, 12:14:56 pm »

Seriously, 50+ FPS? Christ. That *had* to be a record for a community game that'sbeen going on as long as this one. Pretty much goes into "Beyond the Impossible"  on my HOLY SHIT scale.

I'm guessing my dwarf still alive since we have 2 engineers ...

Yes, but I don't think it would have been possible without autodumping, so I'm not sure that it counts. And I do think I remember a huge amount of item inaccessible spam from your dwarf when I was locking rooms away.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 19, 2012, 03:42:53 am »

Velard has been notified of his turn.

Also damn fine working getting that FPS up!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 19, 2012, 04:49:53 am »

Anima, you might want to look at the OP.  You've dropped a bracket or something on NCommander's turn listings

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:02 am »

Got the save, downloading...now.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 19, 2012, 09:49:14 am »

1st of Granite, 799 - Velard's Log

My first thought when I look at all this- This place WAS designed by deranged madmen. I don't know where to begin. I regret asking for the job; they were right- everyone's going to end up dead before summer. Then again, how hard could ruling these fools be?
I looked all over the for something to work with. I see that a siege is going on, so I send NRDL's squad to fight them, mainly because I'm curious as to what these dwarves can do.

Monom, one of the men is his squad, was just beaten by a ghost. The injuries are mainly to his hands, but nothing else seems serious.

OOC: Wow. This is immense. Quite possibly beyond my skill level. Should I continue to bumble along with this, or would you prefer I pass this to a more capable player?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:59:45 am by Velard »
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 19, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

Doesn't matter if you're skilled or not!  DIG FOR THE FUN STUFF AND DON'T STOP TILL WE'RE ALL DRUNK OR DEAD!

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:18 am »

Posting to follow this artifact thread.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 19, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »

I see that a siege is going on, so I send NRDL's squad to fight them, mainly because I'm curious as to what these dwarves can do.
I thought we walled off the surface...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 19, 2012, 01:55:23 pm »

I see that a siege is going on, so I send NRDL's squad to fight them, mainly because I'm curious as to what these dwarves can do.
I thought we walled off the surface...

Oh shi- that's true. No wonder the AI was confused by my request.... time to ignore the siege and work on building something dwarfy. Maybe a gladiator arena for when the population reaches a number so low that we just have them kill each other, or maybe a statue made with llama gore.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 19, 2012, 02:25:28 pm »

Well, the arena already exists, and it contains the last few goblin prisoners. I don't remember where it is, just look for the caged goblins. Also, keep putting down ghosts. If you can find the violent ones on the list, do them first. These are the last 40 dwarves in existence, so they need to stay alive long enough to breed.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »

Well, the arena already exists, and it contains the last few goblin prisoners. I don't remember where it is, just look for the caged goblins. Also, keep putting down ghosts. If you can find the violent ones on the list, do them first. These are the last 40 dwarves in existence, so they need to stay alive long enough to breed.

Alright. Will do. Any info on the other facilities? I read that the food supply is stable, but is there anything else that needs alteration?

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 19, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »

Hmmmm, get booze production going as soon as the crops are done - we have around 300 last I checked. If you find any more crap-quality items, dump and atom-smash them, other than that, go wild.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:34 pm »

is there anything else that needs alteration?

Yes, apparently we still have some living goblin prisoners.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 20, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »

Velard!  Glad you were around this time :P  Third times the charm.

Anima, you might want to look at the OP.  You've dropped a bracket or something on NCommander's turn listings

Whoopse!  Fixed.  (The source markup for the original post is a twisted web of madness and terror, just like Deathgate!)
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 175