Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835583 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2175 on: July 20, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »

The source markup for the original post is a twisted web of madness and terror, just like Deathgate!
Uh oh! Deathgate's madness has once again ignored the laws of reality and broken through onto the physical plain. Pure, unadulterated madness is seeping into the forums!!!

However, as long as it stays here at bay12, I doubt anyone will notice the difference.  Welcome to the physical world Terry!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 20, 2012, 08:14:00 pm »

The source markup for the original post is a twisted web of madness and terror, just like Deathgate!
Uh oh! Deathgate's madness has once again ignored the laws of reality and broken through onto the physical plain. Pure, unadulterated madness is seeping into the forums!!!

However, as long as it stays here at bay12, I doubt anyone will notice the difference.  Welcome to the physical world Terry!

Oh god.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't let him loose!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:09 am »

Oh god.

Don't let him loose!

Ah, shit.

Remember the Minecraft save from a while back? Ever since I made that, my computer has been crashing randomly and running slowly, and the save lags like hell. I thought it was just normal problems, but now...I'm not sure. I think Terry's not just at Bay12 anymore.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 21, 2012, 11:09:39 am »

Oh god.

Don't let him loose!

Ah, shit.

Remember the Minecraft save from a while back? Ever since I made that, my computer has been crashing randomly and running slowly, and the save lags like hell. I thought it was just normal problems, but now...I'm not sure. I think Terry's not just at Bay12 anymore.

Both of my computers are dead. ಠ_ಠ

The laptop's Windows installation is corrupted and will not boot.  The desktops HD is in the process of dying.
Currently the laptops HD is in the desktop and the laptop is running off an ubuntu flash drive.

I call shenanigans!
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:09 pm »

OOC: Nothing has really happened. Miner Dastostust died from terminal dehydration (with this clusterf**k of a transit system, it takes weeks to get to the kitchen) Should I try to understand this monstrous system and streamline it? It'll probably prevent Yet Another Stupid Death like this.

Slate

There's a secret I haven't told you all- I'm actually half elf. Yep. Father was a hippie. He was killed to death by these people I now rule. He was a simple merchant, and they killed him. I am tempted to kill them off one by one as vengeance for my father's murder. But I'm above genocide. I don't want the blood of the last 40 39 dwarves on my hands! ... Just kidding. I'm only half-elf, remember? I'll get this lot killed somehow. And if I have a second reason besides my father's murder, it's the ghosts. They make mealtime the worst, they brutalize the civilians, they mutilate the military, and I have to personally assign where their memorials will be placed, because most of these dead bastards have had their bodies burned to ashes, lost the the Glowing Pits, eaten by demons, smashed beyond recognition, or just misplaced by some drunken fool! What's worse, I have to mark them on a damned list, one by one, and this list contains the name of every tree-burning bastard that's ever stepped foot in this hellhole. Putting the dead to rest will take ages. You think living in Deathgate is Hell? Try the paperwork. Now THAT'S Hell.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 21, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

... What's worse, I have to mark them on a damned list, one by one, and this list contains the name of every tree-burning bastard that's ever stepped foot in this hellhole. Putting the dead to rest will take ages. You think living in Deathgate is Hell? Try the paperwork. Now THAT'S Hell.

Oh, it's not just the Dwarves on the list. Every single intelligent being to ever die on this map is listed under that menu. Except for some of the ghosts. Have fun.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 22, 2012, 02:32:01 am »

Your best bet is amputation: Seal off as much of the fortress as you don't need and try to congregate the dwarves in a single part of the fortress (perhaps by placing locked hatches in the main staircase on the level above the main lower fort area?).  It'll stop starvation/dehydration.  Farming might be an issue though.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 22, 2012, 03:24:38 am »

It's like the Roman empire collapsing...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 22, 2012, 05:48:05 am »

The Roman Empire is already gone. Deathgate is more like Constantinople, the last bastion of the fallen empire.

Except instead of being overrun by Turks, the dwarves are dying to demons, goblins, and occasionally their own stupidity.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 22, 2012, 07:36:08 am »

The Constantinople of DF, I like that.

As usual, Aussieguy seems to have the best idea.  Cut off the diseased parts, so that the less scarred parts can be saved. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: July 22, 2012, 11:04:30 am »

And soon it shall be the Istanbul of DF when the goblins take it over.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 22, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »

Late Slate *chuckle*

Mayor Rigothvir has just banned the export of platinum items from a sealed area containing the last of a dying species. The humor that these dwarves exhibit in this trying time is amazing. I'd expect them to blow up the booze and panic themselves to death. But these dwarves are different. They've survived so much shit that when it actually hits the windmill, they just laugh as their limbs go flying. I'm still going to kill them, though. I'm not like that Elf King in the legends, Cacame Awemedinade, who led the dwarves to victory. I'm here to watch 'em burn.

Felsite

Well, shit. Baby Lashidang just died of thirst. I have no idea how to streamline this system, so I'm just forcing them to drink from the well by the living quarters. Don't want them to die this way, it's not dwarven enough, and a true elf always destroys his enemy; he does not kill them. I've managed to get the paper work in to retire 4 spirits, but they keep on terrorizing folk and such.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 23, 2012, 06:19:06 am »

Not Baby Lashidang!

Check burrow restrictions; at this point I'm wondering if they're even physically able to reach the booze.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:06 am »

If you have spare dwarves (HA!), set up specific stockpiles of food and booze so you know where they are in the afore-suggested safe-zone, or where the dwarves seem to congregate most

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 23, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »

I dumped over 50,000 items, all atom-smashed. That includes everything outside, everything beyond the Hellbunker, hidden in tunnels, out in the caverns, everything at all deemed non-essential.
   Bins of cloth, leather, ...
You fiend!

Quote from: Velard
OOC: Wow. This is immense. Quite possibly beyond my skill level. Should I continue to bumble along with this, or would you prefer I pass this to a more capable player?
"more capable"

Hahah

Hahahahha
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:17:54 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 175