Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836017 times)

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2190 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

I dumped over 50,000 items, all atom-smashed. That includes everything outside, everything beyond the Hellbunker, hidden in tunnels, out in the caverns, everything at all deemed non-essential.
   Bins of cloth, leather, ...
You fiend!
Not all of it! In fact, I probably only dumped about half of it, but if it gets us over 50 FPS, then no sacrifice is too high.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: July 25, 2012, 02:12:13 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates; been busy. Expect an update by Friday.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: July 28, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »

Any news?
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: July 29, 2012, 03:37:31 pm »

We wait patiently, Velard!

PATIENTLY!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: July 29, 2012, 05:14:17 pm »

I'll actually be out of town this week; but I'll update while I'm there at least once. I'm very sorry for this delay. I'm going to make sure you guys get to see more of the madness that is Deathgate ASAP.
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:44 am »

:-\

I guess we can delay the reign of the Final Five a bit longer...

At this rate though, I'll probably forget to check in the day my turn comes up.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:47 am »

You know, looking back, I get this odd feeling that I was one of the first knives in Deathgate's back.

I think I was the last Overseer to get migrants (even if it was only a couple), and I accidentally killed off so very many dwarves.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: July 30, 2012, 08:58:26 am »

You know, looking back, I get this odd feeling that I was one of the first knives in Deathgate's back.

I think I was the last Overseer to get migrants (even if it was only a couple), and I accidentally killed off so very many dwarves.

You'd think that it would've been me that did this, given my past history.   

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: July 30, 2012, 12:04:58 pm »

Pretty sure by the time Anima's turn rolls around, there will be just seven left.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: July 30, 2012, 01:11:58 pm »

That will be poetic. All seven must die at the same time to satisfy Armok!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 30, 2012, 10:14:59 pm »

Pretty sure by the time Anima's turn rolls around, there will be just seven left.

That implies that this fort will survive until then.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »

Well... we can keep it alive until then... not sure if it would be very interesting to read about though.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 03, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »

Back; going to start getting things killed

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 03, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »

Back; going to start getting things killed

I think you mean continue getting things killed.  We've been killing dwarves since the start of the fortress

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 03, 2012, 09:38:37 pm »

Good point. Then I need to kick it up a notch. I'll have to drain the fortress of everything it has to create something deadly, and only then does it have my per- screw it. I saw The Dark Knight Rises on Thursday, it's not my fault. Movie was awesome.

Skip forward to Hematite, because EVERYTHING that happened in between was totally uneventful, a duck got slaughtered, but that's it

Hematite

I'm about to jump into the Blood Altar. I thought there'd be at least one random bastardy creature charging through the halls. I want some gore! Might just tell a squad of those blasted CARPs that there's a demonic squadron out there so I can lock them there until they die. Might raise my morale. Maybe I'm just sounding like an ass because I remembered can't order anymore elven wine from the traders back home. Now I've remembered my father. Time to go set the mayor's favorite tunic on fire.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:48:07 pm by Velard »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 175