Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836778 times)

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2385 on: September 23, 2012, 11:03:19 pm »

Holy hell. I just finished reading through this thread. This really is one of the most epic succession forts.

Can't wait to see how it all ends~

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 24, 2012, 12:47:30 am »

In fire.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2388 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:55 am »

In fire.

and blood

We'll be dining in hell to celebrate.

I still think operation red shield should be a candy pumpstack :-)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 24, 2012, 05:28:13 am »

I'll do a minor update post in a few hours, not that much has happened except for progress on the power generator and me trying to force the damn miners to dig where I want them to.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 24, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

Also I thought my farms were producing enough plump helmets to make booze with?

If they were running full tilt we shouldn't have any healthy dwarves dying of thirst.
It's definitely not a lack of booze. In fact, I really have no idea why Velard would have died, since he was perfectly healthy in my alternate reality save, at least before I stopped running it.

We should have plenty of iron and steel, shouldn't we?
Oddly enough... not really. Stocks screen reads 4 iron bars, 2 steel bars, and 119 adamantine wafers (~23 corkscrews)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:58:52 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:10 am »

I'm about to play a little more now, and if those stocks are correct, it will be an adamantine pumpstack.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:46 am »

Don't forget to build some pipe sections too, either glass (bought some sand from the caravan), adamantine, or nether-cap. In fact... according to the stocks screen we had 43 logs of nethercap, so if you can micromanage those into pipe sections and corkscrews that'll help as well.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:42 am »

Don't forget to build some pipe sections too, either glass (bought some sand from the caravan), adamantine, or nether-cap. In fact... according to the stocks screen we had 43 logs of nethercap, so if you can micromanage those into pipe sections and corkscrews that'll help as well.

Don't worry, I know quite a bit about dwarven mechanical engineering.  Oh my, yes...

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: September 24, 2012, 09:39:51 am »

Excellent. o/\
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:41:49 am by wlerin »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:20 am »

(Spring was mostly spent surveying the fort and setting things in motion, so the notes proper start in Felsite)

Felsite-8

Velard died of thirst today, though I don't know why.  He had a simple masonry job that wasn't even finished.  He wasn't trapped, or under attack, just simply lost to the maze of the fort.

We number 36 now and I wish I didn't have to count through another fort's decline.

Felsite-18

Krosan has become an elite Marksdwarf.  A pity his skills will go to waste - there is nothing he will need to kill when my work is done.

Felsite-23
Datan Locuneshtan's ghost toppled a coffin.  Better that than a dwarf, I suppose.

I have ordered the production of ten adamantine pipes and corkscrews as part of Operation Red Shield.  I hope they are completed quickly.

Bombul Adekiton, Ghostly Swordsdwarf

Hematite-4

Mitchewawa passed away today from his infection today.  We now number 35.

Hematite-26
Kib Avalmonom started rambling about 'elves and fairies' in the middle of fitting a waterwheel and ran off towards the workshops.  Evidently a beating is in order for disobedience.

Malachite 24

Work has ceased on Operation Red Shield, but I don't know why.  The orders have been given for the parts, and I've put a stop to the strange standing order for copper screwpump parts.
I suspect they dislike my being in charge.  None shall interfere with the Operation, or they'll find themselves on the wrong side of the shield when it's done.

Galena 9

After a month of gathering materials, Kib has finally started building something.  It better be worth it, or he'll get the honor of breaching the magma inlet.

Galena 13

Kib finished his creation and has become a Legendary Engraver.  How... useful...  His creation was a bracelet.

A bracelet of the god of caverns in the leather of a surface-dwelling creature.  Obviously a beating is in order to stimulate the creativity of this fort's population.

Galena 15

The human caravan came today.  We do not care for the likes of surface-dwellers and the fort shall remain closed to their ilk.

Sandstone 11

Degol Monangzon hasn't been seen lately.  He's been absent my morning meetings and general yelling sessions at the populous of the fort.  Apparently he was last seen in the tunnels, muttering something about "a brilliant design".

Also, I now have to write these notes myself.  The fortress scribe, Irony II, was struck down last night by the ghost of Bombul Adekiton.  He died in the tunnels, but with axe in hand.  We number 34 now.

Sandstone 12

I have surveyed the latest progress of the BATTERY and been most pleased.

At this rate, it should be ready for activation within two months.  The passage for connecting it to the Red Shield's future pumpstack is done, but the other dwarves simply will not dig a staircase upwards to complete the shaft for the vertical axle to link it to the pumpstack site.  This is most vexxing.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:11:01 am by ThatAussieGuy »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:49 am »

Felsite-18

Krosan has become an elite Marksdwarf.  A pity his skills will go to waste - there is nothing he will need to kill when my work is done.

We still have hell to conquer (more).

Felsite-23
Bombul Adekiton, Ghostly Swordsdwarf

What did he do? He should have attacked someone around the beginning of Felsite... and midsummer as well.

Hematite-4

Mitchewawa passed away today from his infection today.  We now number 35.

:(

Sandstone 11

Also, I now have to write these notes myself.  The fortress scribe, Irony II, was struck down last night by the ghost of Bombul Adekiton.  He died in the tunnels, but with axe in hand.  We number 34 now.

Sandstone 12
The passage for connecting it to the Red Shield's future pumpstack is done, but the other dwarves simply will not dig a staircase upwards to complete the shaft for the vertical axle to link it to the pumpstack site.  This is most vexxing.

I assume you've verified that they can access it? I know the upper level of the BATTERY was originally walled off, though I thought I fixed that...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:34:05 am by wlerin »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:28 am »

They can access it, they just... stop at a certain point and refuse to keep digging past it.  I've fixed a traffic zone problem, but they still won't go dig.  Even if it's not done by the end of my year, the layout's self-evident. 

And we couldn't conquer hell now.  It takes way more than thirty-odd dwarves to take on Hell.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 24, 2012, 11:35:03 am »

They can access it, they just... stop at a certain point and refuse to keep digging past it.  I've fixed a traffic zone problem, but they still won't go dig.  Even if it's not done by the end of my year, the layout's self-evident. 

And we couldn't conquer hell now.  It takes way more than thirty-odd dwarves to take on Hell.
We don't have to conquer the whole thing, just kill the occasional demon that spawns as we carefully expand... I mean, the last two overseers have to have *something* to do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:51 am »

We don't have to conquer the whole thing, just kill the occasional demon that spawns as we carefully expand... I mean, the last two overseers have to have *something* to do.

That will go badly.  Very, very badly.  Demons spawn in groups of 3-5 and all the species under Deathgate seem to like to roam.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:50:10 am by ThatAussieGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 175