Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835549 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2460 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:20 pm »

Ignatzami has not replied.

Therefore.

IT BEGINS.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:47:32 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 05, 2012, 10:58:40 pm »

Shit just got real.

Have fun!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 05, 2012, 11:26:48 pm »

Blood.
Steel.
Magma.
Stone.

That is what dwarves are made of.

Deathgate, Overseer's Final Diaries -Granite, 781

Let it be known that while the rest of the world burned or consorted with the demons, we, the Dwarves, struck back by invading the Burning Hells themselves.  It was hoped that by invading their domain, the demons would turn their attentions away from the upper realms.  It was hopped that the Humans would be released from their demonic enthrallment and join us in our righteous struggle.  And it was hoped that we could crush the demonic taint that poluted this realm forever.

Unfortunately, these things would not come to pass.

For thirty long years, enough time for the first of Deathgate's children to have reached their prime, our fortress has stood as the final stronghold of the Dwarven people.  But that is changing.  Now our numbers are less than three dozen strong, our finest and bravest warriors are but mere memories,  and most of our strongest men and women are sickly with demonic blisters that leave them bedridden.  We are the last of the dwarves; too few to survive for more than a handful of generations at best.  Soon, our noble history will fade into the darkness of time as our light fades.

And yet the world above doesn't care. 

The damn humans; they worship the demons now.  Willingly, they submit their minds and bodies to the foul hell spawns' insidious desires.  They plot against us, poison us, and strike at us when we our vulernable.  The kobolds, the goblins, they are no better.  All of the other races move against us and all of them shall pay.  Alas, our numbers are too few to build an army, but we still have but one card left to play.  The foul horde that has been held at bay by the great stone doors of the Hellbunker.  They crave the blood of all races.  And their numbers are endless.

We have formulated a plan, Operation Helldawn.  We shall seal ourselves within Lower Deathgate with no way of entry or escape.  And then we shall release the foul horde onto the surface world.  And while it burns, we shall drink and drink until we have had our fill.

The last chapter of the dwarves shall be written by us.
Because there shall be no one else alive who can write it.

Death to the surfacers.  Death the demons!
Long live the Dwarves of the Basement of Murder!
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2464 on: October 06, 2012, 01:47:14 am »

I'm tempted to go take an adventurer in DG and go try and slaughter that blasted demonlord.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 06, 2012, 02:59:30 am »

So THIS is the dwarven equivalent of a nuclear strike. 

Cool.  It's going to be hell trying to seal all exits and entrances. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:38 am »

I'm tempted to go take an adventurer in DG and go try and slaughter that blasted demonlord.

I've already suggested that after the fall of Deathgate, someone takes the last Dwarf in the world and goes on a rampage to slay the llama demon king.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:11 am »

I've already suggested that after the fall of Deathgate, someone takes the last Dwarf in the world and goes on a rampage to slay the llama demon king.

I'm sure it can be done, but it would take quite a bit of time, something I don't have. If you can do it, then please post the story.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 06, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

Deathgate, Overseer's Final Diaries - 2nd Granite, 781

In order to take our revenge against the Surfacers, our first task will be to seal off Lower Deathgate from the rest of the world.  Given the many dozens of twisting tunnels that snake throughout the volcano, this is much easier said then done.  Tunnels must first be isolated and sealed off except for a main entrance before anything else can be finished.

At current count, we have eight stairwells connecting Lower Deathgate to the surface.  Each of these must be sealed off forever. The order has been dispatched to the masons.

Soon we shall have our revenge.

(God damn.  I created Deathgate and I still don't know where a damn thing is!)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2469 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:40 am »

Deathgate, Overseer's Final Diaries - 2nd Granite, 781

In order to take our revenge against the Surfacers, our first task will be to seal off Lower Deathgate from the rest of the world.  Given the many dozens of twisting tunnels that snake throughout the volcano, this is much easier said then done.  Tunnels must first be isolated and sealed off except for a main entrance before anything else can be finished.

At current count, we have eight stairwells connecting Lower Deathgate to the surface.  Each of these must be sealed off forever. The order has been dispatched to the masons.

Soon we shall have our revenge.

(God damn.  I created Deathgate and I still don't know where a damn thing is!)

Eight? Did Aussie dig more? We only had four before, one of which was already sealed. I posted a handy guide on how upper DG is connected to lower DG in my post.

Anyway, I decided I'm going to do something about that demonlord, and use DFhack to take control of my dwarf as an adventurer and slay that monster.

(my most recent fort just got FB'ed so an A mode run sounds like fun)
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:23 am »

Well, there's the three ramps, two of which were supposed to be aqueducts... The first aqueduct which is technically sealed by trees... And then a couple of stairways. He might be looking at some of the connecting passages in upper deathgate though, plus he needs a way for the demons to access the surface.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2471 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:08 am »

Journal of Id 'NCommander' Matucog Italnis Gesis
1st Granite 781
===

It has been five long years since my rule as overseer has begun. I've watched us slowly dwindle and die in that time. It is beyond clear that we are officially alone now. A decade has passed since the last time this fort has seen new faces. ThatAussieDwarf worked to try and seal us below, to try and save us, but his efforts were for naught. AnimaRytak has retaken the reigns of overseer. NRDL, and most of my friends have been slain by the ghosts.

We at less than three dozen now ...

In the dining hall, he described his plan. A most horrible plan, one he described with a maniac glee.

The handwriting becomes extremely shaky at this point ...

He intends for us to take refuge in the Hellbunker, and unleash what remains of Hell across the Violent Contients ...

By the maker, I thought Anima had fallen into a fell mood, but as he described it, the dining room erupted into applause ...

... if this is to be our legacy, then by Armok, we deserve to die ...

I must shamefully admit I did not have the courage to speak against this plan, but I will not stand by idly. Even now, this madness has begun to fest on our fellow dwarfs. Were I to simply kill Anima, I have this feeling that another would take his place. Deathgate's destiny has been set, there is naught I can do to change that.

NRDL, some years ago, once told me that we are all here for a reason. I didn't believe him at the time, but now?

Now, I think I have finally found it.

I intend to subvert this plan by ensuring that humankind survives this "Operation Helldawn"

I do not know if there will be any refuge AnimaRytak's plan is set in motion, but my conscious demands I must do something. I have considered even doing the unthinkable and slaying all of dwarvenkind. I have come to realize that would merely delay the inevitable. Time would eventually wear away the walls of the Hellbunker, and the demons would be free to escape. From the moment we breached hell, this world's fate was thus sealed.

By the end of the century, this world will pass into an Age of Emptiness unless something drastic is done ...

We have known for many-a-year that the humans are lead by a demon lord. A lord who escaped the underworld years before the winds of fate brought any of us to Deathgate. The humans have been taught to respect power, and force. Though I'm loath to manipulate anyone, I can use this to my advantage. If this lord was to be slain, I may be able to convince some humans to flee  ...

I do not know if there is any sanctuary to be found, but my consciousness demands I must at least try. Even if it is all for naught, I must do this deed.

Thus, upon this day, I shall renounce my citizenship from the Basement of Murder.

Before I leave, I shall relieve Deathgate of a set of adamantine armor, and a set of provisions. Such minor items will not be missed. With my crossbow at my side, I shall head to the surface before the entryways are collapsed.

With this final entry, I prepare for my journey, and bid my home farewell ...

OOC: Its a pity we lost the red monster sword. I'd be tempted to make myself fireproof and use it against the demonlord. I could try going back to the 777 save before it was lost and grab it then. Course, I need a way to put !!myself!! myself out. We need a dwarven fire extinguisher ..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:49:03 am by NCommander »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 07, 2012, 05:06:12 am »

Awesome.  Although I don't remember saying anything of the kind  :P
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 07, 2012, 05:11:24 am »

Anima, how goes progress on Operation Red Shield?  Unless it's been completely abandoned in favour of your own insane plan, that is.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2474 on: October 07, 2012, 05:23:52 am »

Awesome.  Although I don't remember saying anything of the kind  :P

Well, I decided to use your dwarf as a friend for my dwarf (since they were both squadmates). If you dislike the charactization, I'll dump it (and avoid mentioning you again)
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 175