Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 832708 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2490 on: October 12, 2012, 12:02:12 am »

Sorry for the delay folks, IRL derped on me somewhat.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2491 on: October 12, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »

Journal of Id 'NCommander' Matucog
27th Granite 778
===

I can hardly explain what has happened. As I prepared to leave Deathgate, I saw a ghost ... no, an appreciation of some sort. A silvery figure whom was neither dwarf nor human. They spoke ...

No, spoke is not the right word. I do not know how to describe it. Regardless, it asked, not with words, if I truly intend to subvert the will of my kin. I nodded, and the figure offered their hand. There was a flash of light, and I found myself standing outside of Deathgate, on the wooden hill. Goblins, two squads worth at least, were approaching up the side of the mountain!

I managed to grab discarded breastplate, shield, sword and helm and fled into the wilds and made my way into the wilds. Not long after, a small band of human traders found me, half dead, and brought me to their hamlet. I realize now what has happened.

I have gone back, three years before Operation Hellspawn was ever dreamt up!. The goblins I encountered were the same siege that we encountered at the end of my reign as overseer. I do not understand what the figure intended, but this change gives me time to enact my plans. I may be a marksdwarf by trade, but to defeat that llama demon, I will need to become something more. A swordmaster with no peer. A hero of the humans so I may in turn lead them away from this place.

I do not know where this journey will take me, but I *will* succeed. There is no other choice.

---

OOC: Right, so getting the red monster sword been problematic even with save scumming. When I abandon and reclaim, we have about 20+ goblins running around and at least one Master Lasher and two Axe Lords, and a forgotten beast. When I physically hit the reclaim button, I can see the red monster sword so I can only hope it has survived coming in adventurer mode, else I'll have to use a candy sword. Either way, this demon is toast, and I'll write up my adventures across the world as I go.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: October 16, 2012, 05:29:21 pm »

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »

I do hope not. I want to see little ASCII blood and flames and gore and...you get the picture.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

OOC:
Sorry folks.  IRL has gotten a bit busy.  Between working full time, packing for a cross-country move that happens in under a month, and a Minecraft addiction, I've been far too lazy about Deathgate.

Also, screens will be sparse.  Deathgate's corruption is to the point that many ASCII tiles are incorrect now.

---
Deathgate, Overseer's Final Diaries - 25th Granite, 781

Our masons have walled off the tunnels leading upwards; save the main stairwell leading to Upper Deathgate. Construction has now begun on Operation: FUCKHUMANS; an escape tunnel leading to surface and bypassing Deathgate entirely.

10th Slate, 781
The lack of skilled masons in Deathgate impedes the progress of Operation FUCKHUMANS.  More tunnels need sealed before the demonic hellspawn can be unleashed.

As I content myself with shouting at the lazy masons, I here screams coming from the hospital. 
Not the usual blood curling screams of agony or the sobbing tears that begged for death; no this scream was a roar of anger.

As I strode into the blood and pus covered room, I notice The Mad Fool is storming about, waving his fists in the air while he screams in a voice that wasn't his.  The mason that had followed me into the place recognize the voice as Yelesom's ghost.  Before we can handle the situation, the quack storms out of the hospital and hides himself away in the Hellbunker.

It seems in Deathgate, the dead can now possess the living.

18th Slate, 781
Shorast Amnekoltar has been possessed.  This is the second case of possession in two weeks.
The situation is dire and our time is short.  FUCKHUMANS must be complete.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:19:19 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 17, 2012, 02:20:25 pm »

Before Deathgate falls, upload the map to DFMA. I want to see the madness.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 17, 2012, 03:18:13 pm »

The ASCII corruption can probably be fixed by deleting the raw/objects folder within the save and replacing it with one from whichever graphics pack you are using. Unless it actually is corrupted, in which case bad, bad Terry.

Also.... erm... can ghosts or possessed dwarves wreck bridges? Because that could end badly...
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 17, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

One of the dwarves that berserked under possession during my tenure was able to bulldoze a candy road someone built in the Hellbunker, so I'd imagine that it's at least possible; I don't know how bridge demolition functions.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 17, 2012, 06:03:23 pm »

One of the dwarves that berserked under possession during my tenure was able to bulldoze a candy road someone built in the Hellbunker, so I'd imagine that it's at least possible; I don't know how bridge demolition functions.
If the bridge is down, it can be destroyed. However, if the bridge is raised, it functions as a wall, and so cannot be destroyed, unless there's a subtlety of which I am unaware.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 19, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »

18th Slate
The possessed child has created a scepter constructed of raw adamatine.

Such an artifact calls back to the noble founding of Deathgate, before the humans conspired against us. and its worth 904,800 dwarfbucks.

Whatever entity possessed this child has my respect.

19th Slate
Morul Udariden was found starving to death in a hole after being walled off inside a tunnel.  He was rescued and quickly made his way to the booze stockpile.

Another needless dwarven death averted.

21st, Slate
Seeing the sorry state of Mitchewawa's dessicated bones, I've ordered his body laid to rest in the am empty hospital storeroom.  We need his bed for the sick and injured.

Many of our dead remain separated from the stone.  After FUCKHUMANs is completed, I would like to create a necropolis to honor their sacrifice.

24th, Slate
Despite having seven masons in Deathgate, the walls I've ordered constructed still have not been finished.  In fact, work has not even begun on them.

Lazy, beardless bastards.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:37 pm »

Gonna go ahead and make the obligatory "Are the burrows kosher?" statement, because it seems like every overseer since before me has had issues with burrows...  8)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 25, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

OOC: I deleted all Burrows except Michekawa's updated burrow, Terry problems have been solved.

16th Felsite
After some whippings and beatings, our masons have finally finished the walls I ordered built.  Along with the bridge to FUCKHUMANs.  Now, our secret weapon is the only access point from Lower Deathgate to the surface.

Every last dwarf has been called into Lower Deathgate.  No one is to be outside.

FUCKHUMANS shall be released now.

One of our finest miners, a child of two no less, is sent to dig the final tunnel into Hell.  We seal off the tunnel behind him as he digs and pray his death is a quick one.  Our sentries on the Hellbunker report a breach in the ceiling shortly after.  The miner's pick has reached its goal.

To our amazement, the child returns unharmed a few minutes later with a satisfied grin on his face. 

Our Master plan has been complete.  A path from Hell to the surface has been complete and Lower Deathgate has been sealed off from the world entirely.  Deathgate shall be vindicated.

May the surfacers die in agony.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 25, 2012, 02:57:21 am »

....I deleted all Burrows except Mitchewawa's updated burrow, Terry problems have been solved.
That's the burrow that's been causing all the problems... >_>

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 25, 2012, 12:36:46 pm »

OOC: I deleted all Burrows except Michekawa's updated burrow, Terry problems have been solved.

Flipping knew it!  :D

Burrows are the best things ever for messing with other people in a community fort.

Does FUCKHUMANS have a land route to the surface, or is it just a flight route? A lot of the demons in Deathgate actually can't fly, from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:38:20 pm by kefkakrazy »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 175