Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836191 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2520 on: October 28, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »

Since they're perpetually that cold, hopefully it has a cooling effect to balance out the heat on that tile. How do you even make nether cap gauntlets anyway?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: October 28, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

Someone-and we're not entirely sure who, mind-either modded or magnificently glitched the game and managed to create a sword made from the body part of one of the demons of Deathgate.

My recollection may be off here, but I know that artifacts can be made from literal any material, so a body-part sword is quite possible.

This should be mentioned that despite being logical... the demon blade was not an artifact. It didn't even have a name.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:21 pm »

What would exactly happen if you were to attack someone with that sword, AFTER not killing yourself through the act of touching it? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:57 am »

Assuming this is a generic short sword with vanilla modifiers for velocity, cutting edge, and force behind the attacks, it would really depend on the material it's made out of.

So the question is, can you cut things up with a demon's skin? Otherwise, you'd pretty much be beating people up with a stick made of demon...that's on fire.

More than likely the extreme proximity to the heat combined with hypothetical contact with the material will melt enemies. It's like a dwarven lightsaber!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:37 am »

Would demon skin even have cutting edge defined?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:11 am »

Would it be like old-version glass? Cuts through literally anything, reload game and suddenly it's worse than wooden swords?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:02 am »

Space Cat is right, it would hardly matter how sharp it is.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: October 29, 2012, 11:37:32 am »

But if the enemy you're fighting is very hot (after all, you made it from one of them), wouldn't it be unaffected by this heat?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: October 29, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

Hell, the plan is for NCommander to kill a llama demon with it, so that will hardly be an issue.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: October 29, 2012, 12:53:33 pm »

So far as I know nobody was able to find a way to wield it without bursting into flames. NCommander said he had a theory but he was being coy about it so we don't know exactly what he's planning.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:55:15 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 29, 2012, 01:58:56 pm »

What if it turns out to be a flaming llama demon?

Either way, good luck.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 29, 2012, 08:46:22 pm »

Someone-and we're not entirely sure who, mind
Er, small correction--we do actually know with some certainty who is responsible.

edit: Ah, that was mentioned, nvm. From what I recall, the red monster sword dates from a time period when Terry's powers were not yet made manifest. As such, it was almost certainly the result of some other form of wizardry.

edit2: Ah, my mistake. Terry's advent was at least 3 years prior, with the frosty lava incident.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:54:59 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: October 30, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »

Ha! Terry is not bound by such petty concerns as time and its rational progression!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 02, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

(OOC: Shit, it's been my turn for almost a month.  I fail.)

Deathgate, Overseer's Final Diaries - 3rd Malachite, 781
Since the deployment of FUCKHUMANs and the sealing of Deathgate, time has passed slowly.  I have had time to re-examine my thoughts.  In my zealotry and rage, I released the demons upon the world. 

I release the demons from their prison.  I gave them their freedom to take the surface as their own just as they desired.  I gave them everything.  Now they consume the world above while we rot in our self-imposed prison

Was this their plan?  To trick us into walling ourselves off from the world while releasing them upon the world?  We have been fools.  I have been a fool.

My wickedness, and that of my brethren, must be cleansed in fire and blood.

7th, Malachite
In order to cleanse ourselves of this taint, I've ordered a channel dug that will pour magma into the heart of Lower Deathgate.

A lever to release the magma has been constructed beneath the hole.  I shall be the one to pull it when the time comes.

Before the magma can be deployed, the tunnel must fill with magma.  Until it is complete, blood must be spilled.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 03, 2012, 01:46:20 am »

ABSOLUTE WIN.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 175