Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 836190 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2535 on: November 03, 2012, 03:32:08 am »

Oh sweet Armok, he means to kill us all!

I LOVE IT!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:52 am »

We must slay the greatest evil the world has ever known.

SUICIDE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59:43 am »

Well, it's been fun. See you lot at DGII!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 03, 2012, 12:45:11 pm »

From the diary of The Mad Fool, Chief Medical Dwarf:

16th Felsite
And so, it seems, the fate of the world would be sealed not by the hands of Demons, but by us, the very Dwarves who imprisoned them.  And while the world burns, we drink and eat and live here in the darkness of the undermountain.  The world above is claimed by the legions of Hell, while the world below becomes our Dominion.

Exquisite.

5th Malachite
Ever since we walled ourselves off from the world, I have found myself with much less to do, the net effect being that I have had much more time for my experiments.  Unfortunately, I often lack for test subjects, which means I have had to go to moderately extensive means to keep my patients alive after their procedures.  An annoyance, but ultimately worthwhile.

I have begun to hear whispers, however, that the Overseer has begun a new project, one involving the magma core.  The others have not worked it out, yet, I think, but such clues are more than enough for my vast intellect.  The Overseer has regained some lucidity, I suspect, for his guilt has now driven him to burn us all.  I have seen no need to divulge this to the others, of course.  We are, as one, born of Moldath.  It is only befitting that Moldath's blood take us in turn.

Besides, I have been here for a long time, and life in Deathgate has grown...monotonous.  Melting would be a nice change of pace.  After all, I've never melted before.  I must remember to take notes on the experience.

7th Malachite
My suspicions have been confirmed.  How marvelous.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:49:07 pm by The Mad Fool »
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 03, 2012, 12:47:41 pm »

[Oops, hit Quote instead of Modify.  Please ignore.]
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:19 am »

8th, Malachite
I've ordered all of our crafts dumped into the magma as a testament to the gods we have forsaken.  They will not buy us salvation, but perhaps our deaths will be quick.
Additionally, I've ordered our workshops dismantled. 

20th, Malachite
The ghosts of Deathgate are angry.  One stoneshaper has been possessed and is tantrum throughout Lower Deathgate, a child was battered, and the ghost of our comrade Baelor is toppling furniture.

27th, Malachite
Despite the Mad Fool's complaints, I've shut down the hospital to new patients.  He can continue his experiments until the magma takes it, but I don't need another drain on our manpower while we dismantle this fortress.

29th, Malachite
I've ordered all animals slaughtered.  Their corpses will be left to rot in the dining hall as sign to the gods.

17th, Galena
During my meditation, I felt a darkness approach us.  A goblin army marches at our surface and thirsts for our blood.  No matter, Deathgate is sealed.

In better news, the sacrifices to our gods goes well, and while many craftsman are upset at their masterworks being melted down, such sacrifice is a pittance compared to what is to come.  The magma tube is filling.  Soon we all shall burn in effigy to the dwarven people and, I hope, our souls may be saved.

(OOC: Shit post.  Was really hoping to get some dwarves to go berserk.)
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:22 am »

Are there any demons on the surface?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:27 am »

It's interesting how Deathgate went from little dwarven colony to what's basically cancer on the face of planet.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:27 am »

It's interesting how Deathgate went from little dwarven colony to what's basically cancer on the face of planet.

...so it's never really changed?
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 06, 2012, 04:00:31 pm »

Are there any demons on the surface?

I don't believe so.  Hell is so utterly devoid of demons its hard to tell.
We really, really did a number to the demon's population.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 06, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

Lol! It the armageddon of demon legions marching out to fill the world with blood and horror!!! Only... nobody showed up...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 11, 2012, 06:50:07 am »

What a bummer...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:54:23 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 11, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »

How is our little Armageddon coming along?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:51 am »

I'm really sorry folks.  Time snuck up on me and I just moved across the country from Ohio to New Mexico.  I'll be busy the next few days but I promise I'll finish this beast soon.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 15, 2012, 12:56:23 am »

I'm really sorry folks.  Time snuck up on me and I just moved across the country from Ohio to New Mexico.  I'll be busy the next few days but I promise I'll finish this beast soon.

Out of curiousity, are waiting for the next update with the new tree and combat stuff for Deathgate 2?
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 175