Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 835770 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Last Stop: Armageddon! (Succession Game)
« Reply #2565 on: December 07, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »

Possibly. But then again, some fortresses don't die, they just fade away into legend occasionally flooding the earth with magma. I think that's the saying anyway, might have mixed up some words.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: December 08, 2012, 09:20:32 pm »

Sorry sorry, major freakin' drama IRL.  The person who has my flash drive now hates me and refuses to talk to me.

Fortunately I had them email me the save before they went into raging bitch mode.
I'm going to try to finish this game, I've slacked off WAY TO MUCH.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: December 08, 2012, 11:51:12 pm »

before they went into raging bitch mode.

It's like the Ring of Power, corrupting anyone who possesses it.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: December 09, 2012, 12:06:57 am »

The fact that a short while after instituting more severe "Slow turn" rules Anima comes up and himself gets bogged down with RL stuff... kind of an amusing coincidence.

That said, as fortress creator I suppose he can totally get away with whatever he wants, so carry on megabro! KILL 'EM ALL!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: December 09, 2012, 05:16:15 am »

before they went into raging bitch mode.

It's like the Ring of Power, corrupting anyone who possesses it.

The moral of the story is, never turn off your ringer to sleep in.  Women will flip the fuck out.
Seriously, dafuq.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: December 09, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

The moral of the story is, never turn off your ringer to sleep in.  Women will flip the fuck out.
Seriously, dafuq.

This is so absolutely true that any lingering unhappiness about the delays is completely banished.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: December 09, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »

17th, Limestone 781
After months of waiting for the magma to build up, of destroying crafts, and abstaining from booze, I’ve ordered the lever pulled.

Lava and fire spread through the center corridor.  Barrels in the nearby stockpiles are the first to catch fire.  The flow of lava is relentless and rapidly spreads fire through the tightly packed halls.  Some dwarves are trapped in their bedrooms; Atomic Avocado and The Mad Fool among them.
Within minutes, lava reaches the entrance to the dining hall, trapping the dwarves inside.  It pours into the lower levels, igniting clothes stockpiles and cutting off maintenance tunnels.

Atomic Avocado attempted to peak out into the hall way, lava floods his room and incinerates him in seconds.  The Mad Fool is close enough to hear his screams. 

That weird bastard starts lounging on his bed to the screams of agony.  I swear

NCommander is trapped between a pool of lava and a backdoor into Hell. 

The magma flows farther and farther, consuming everything.  But it is still not enough, more must die.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(OOC: Game keeps crashing like freakin' crazy.  Woooo)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:56 pm »

(OOC: Game keeps crashing like freakin' crazy.  Woooo)
Terry disapproves of you destroying his domain.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: December 10, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

Can I get a status check on The Mad Fool?  I'm curious what his mood is right now.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: December 10, 2012, 09:32:41 pm »

Can I get a status check on The Mad Fool?  I'm curious what his mood is right now.

You're trapped in your room by magma, feet away from the immolated dead, and you're utterly ecstatic.

On a side note, TERRY IS PISSED.
Game is crashing every 10-15 seconds.  Emergency measures, emergency measures!

EDIT:
Measure's failed, oh god I don't think I can beat Terry
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:51:34 pm by AnimaRytak »

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:31 pm »

You're trapped in your room by magma, feet away from the immolated dead, and you're utterly ecstatic.

This is actually nicely in-character.  I like to imagine that he's laughing maniacally and possibly playing a fiddle.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 10, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

This is actually nicely in-character.  I like to imagine that he's laughing maniacally and possibly playing a fiddle.

The fact that he has actually killed a dwarf in the history logs makes that all the more possible.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 10, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »

The fact that Terry is liable to be the one to eat our fort now is perhaps the best possible ending we could have hoped for.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »

The fact that Terry is liable to be the one to eat our fort now is perhaps the best possible ending we could have hoped for.

The game literally lasts about 3 seconds before crashing.  I may in fact, not be able to kill the fortress the way I had planned.

But I have contingencies.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: December 11, 2012, 04:48:13 pm »

Only in Deathgate people devise contingency plans in case the first self-destruct lever fails.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 175