Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 25109 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

Certainly. Do you mind taking over Neyvn's spot? I'll let you pick your own racial specials to overwrite his.

I'd rather not run you through ten turns over the weekend if you feel the need to start over completely, but that would be preferable to letting the game die.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2011, 11:53:11 pm »

No, I am alright with taking Neyvn's place. I'll come up with my racial specials shortly.
A quick question: where should I get the information about my new holdings?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:20:22 am by RulerOfNothing »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:31 am »

The map is in the first post, and the end of each turn, and now here. You have the purple (Color may be changed) planets, and may click on a planet to learn more about it.

The only planetary information not listed is loyalty. Your homeworld is at 100%, and the colony is at 60%.

Here's Neyvn's last turn. Copying it to make changes is advised.
I tried to fix it where he got confused, but let me know if you spot any inconsistencies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your navy consists of:
3 FF Counts - Warships. Everybody started with three each.
1 CO Transport.
8 CO Competent Drop Pods
All ships are currently at (20,8).

Technology: Frigates, Colonization I, Strike Craft I, Strike Craft Engines I, Cloaking I, Growth II, Production II, Research III, Taxation I

The red planet to the north of you on the map is owned by a hostile NPC empire. They have declared vendetta, but are too weak to do any more then build 0.8 suicidal ramming ships per turn.

Spoiler: Advice (click to show/hide)

After the turn's done, it will be too late to change racial stats. Any change will force a change to the disadvantages, as Large Structures and Defensive Structures have been merged into one stat.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

I am going to do my turn in 6-8 hours (after I get some sleep) but I have a few questions:
  • Is the 1 CO transport a basic marine transport?
  • Am I correct in saying that increasing PTC costs 10000p per point of PTC at my current techlevel?
  • Are the technologies of Strike Craft I and Strike Craft Engines I sufficient for me to start designing a carrier?
Also, I have come up with new racial stats:
+2 Industry
+1 Spaceship Attack
+1 Spaceship HP
+1 Spaceship Defense
+1 Strikecraft Attack
-2 Defensive structure/large structure cost
Is this good?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) You can design a carrier now, but have no weapon technology. Suicidal ramming bombers will reduce loyalty enough that they're not really worth it. (Carriers and strike craft need different designs).
4) Those racial stats are fine.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2011, 05:33:41 pm »

Sorry, this is still confusing me a little bit. What is the limit on investing in a colony's production? I ask this because the rules in the OP state that I cannot invest more than 10 times the production of a planet, but clearly everyone has exceeded this limit by quite a bit.
Also, how did we end up with 8.5 million people on planet 15? It only had 2 million people before the last turn.
Also, if I increase my PTC, will the improved PTC be accessible this turn or the next?
Also is there a limit to how much loyalty I can buy in one turn?
Sorry that I didn't get my turn done when I said I would, but I just noticed these things.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:55:05 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »

Sorry, this is still confusing me a little bit. What is the limit on investing in a colony's production? I ask this because the rules in the OP state that I cannot invest more than 10 times the production of a planet, but clearly everyone has exceeded this limit by quite a bit.
It's limitless. Updating the rules Wall O' Text is annoying, so I skip changing it whenever possible.

Also, how did we end up with 8.5 million people on planet 15? It only had 2 million people before the last turn.
Typo, it should be 5.8. The bad environment lowered it, and PTC increased it.

Also, if I increase my PTC, will the improved PTC be accessible this turn or the next?
Sorry that I didn't get my turn done when I said I would, but I just noticed this things.
Next turn. Not much is usable on the turn it's built.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »

Alright then, my turn is now complete.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fixed production after I read that transported population doesn't do anything during the turn it is transported.
Edit 2: Fixed production relating to the clarification on planetary investment
Edit 3: Added an extra Competent troop transport so I wasn't trying to take over the Twentins with only a 15% numerical advantage - also took the other two Counts since Zeros have 6HP
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:44:38 pm by RulerOfNothing »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2011, 07:57:58 pm »

It's limitless. Updating the rules Wall O' Text is annoying, so I skip changing it whenever possible.
Also, is the 10* production spending limit still in effect? Yes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »

Huh. I'd have expected myself to be better at remembering my own rules. I've now left a reminder for myself in the first post.

You should have said something with Neyvn's last turn. I'm going to let that one slide, due to the uncaught error clause, but the limit will apply to RulerOfNothing's current turn.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »

So, who are we waiting on?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2011, 09:48:46 am »

Just evilcherry. He's been busy.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]