Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113035 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 03:05:26 pm »

If we recruit minions this turn, can we go ahead and use them?

What does plotting do for us?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 03:05:57 pm »

So you did :)

Yes, What is the bonus of plotting a crime instead of just kicking some minions out the door and expecting them to do it themselves?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »

(Well then... How would a small camp like area do in a forest?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 03:08:52 pm »

Generally, look to Taricus. He has a good idea of how the turn works.
With one exception, Regulars cannot enhance the base. Though they can act as guards (Though yknow, what you're guarding the base from at this point is completely beyond me.)

Planning/Plotting, is a mission type where your minions spend their time surfing the web, reading newspapers and so forth, looking for ..Slightly larger missions. It does not give bonuses, merely unlocks the possibility. At later stages, high plotting rolls  or certain traits may influence your mission rolls themselves.
Large heists (that may include loot objects), High profile terror missions, stealing the documents to open more research fields are examples of Plotted missions.

Minions cannot be used the turn they are recruited.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:32 pm »

Edward's research have gone unnoticed at best, at worst he have been outright ridiculed.
Those who did acknowledge his research, were overly concerned for the lack for sense of ethics.

Driven to pursue recognition and further research on his field, he gathered what little fund he had, found a small handful of dedicated followers, one one of them being a dedicated student (The scientist.) who actually visited one of his classes in the university who by now have fired him.

He desperately needed a facility to work in, all he could afford was an abandoned zoo, which have been severely neglected over the years, this did not bother him as he found the main building large enough to start conducting his research.
With the equipment set up and everything prepared, he started his plans for world recognition.

Spoiler: Career begin! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:47:56 pm by Ultimuh »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »

Works for me.

Oops, forgot me RP!

Lord Thrakor reviews his loyal minions.  The first priority, of course, is getting more of them.  These are his most loyal, yes, but they are unskilled.  Some more specialized ones will be needed, and soon.

"All right, my children, heed my words.  I will need three of you to... obtain additional funds for our glory.  Remember, it is the love of money that is the root of evil, not the money itself.  Be discreet, though!  It is more important now to keep a low profile than to gain a greater profit."

"Those not on that mission will be assigned toward observation.  See what opportunities await us, for a watchful eye blesses the mind that guides it."

"I shall see to bringing others into the enlightened fold."

Meager beginnings, but the path to greatness must start somewhere.

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Are thugs generally more successful than regular minions, besides having extortion available?  Can I train minions to a higher level?  Can I assign, say, two thugs and three minions to an extortion job and have the thugs "lead" the minions to being able to do something they normally could not?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:23:35 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »

Thugs have different modifiers in certain areas (Slightly hidden. Experiment, you'll find some minions are better at certain tasks)
Minions can be trained with base enhancements that permit training. This will only take time, as opposed to cash to hire the minions.

You can of course have minions leading other minions, in order to get more minions onto a mission type.
I will shortly update the second post with base enhancement information.. I have to run it down... wherever I left it (Which is now done)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:50:30 pm by Terenos »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 03:53:48 pm »

Spoiler: Black Industries (click to show/hide)

"Oi, you three!" Dr Black shouts, "Go to the west end and have a bit of fun. Start a riot or something, just make sure there is a lot of mess for the authorities to deal with." As the indicated trio scurry off, she then turns to the remaining two. "You, are coming with me. We need an edge over the authorities, and I have just the idea..."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »

Depending on the time we have, the good part about the early rounds is that they're short and we can probably get through a few in a short amount of time. When things pick up we'll get around to the longer waits...or if one of you tries to break the system we'll possibly need to Retconjure an answer.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »

"hummmmmm...."

Fankie Fredaroni stood on a hill over looking Small Town USA as he slowly let a wisp of cigar smoke waft between his lip and drift away on the breeze. As he watched the sun lower of the currently peaceful town a small smile graced his face.

Soon all this would be his.

Then the smile left and was replaced by a dower grimace.

Oh. It would be his, after these yokels learned some respect! The nerve of that barrel maker. Refusing to even pay his boys for protection from 'accidents.'

Oh well. They would learn.

Fankie turned around and stocked over to his boys who were clustered around a barrel. They all turned to give him their nervous attention, who knew what mood he would be in today?

"Errr what we gonna do now boss? They wont pay up!" Mikey said.

"Well boys. I think we are just gonna to have to teach them the many wonderful benefits of being under our protection. Big Michael, take take Joey and Nikki down into town and have a chat with the store owners. And if they refuse to buy our insurance, show them what can happen."

"What about me and Mikey boss? What you want us to do?" Said Tony.

"Well, you boys are going help me plan a little job we gotta do. I hear that innovation is the name of the game, and I certainly do not want to be left behind."

With that he gave a savage kick to the barrel they were clustered around and sent it tumbling into the river. It would be washed down stream and would take over two weeks for some kids playing along the shore to find the body, and by then the barrel maker would be to degraded to make a identification.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:16:53 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »

(I like the way you roll Cript, But if you could sum up your actions in a spoiler, that'd be quite helpful!)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 04:19:14 pm »

I am, the ten second ninja.

Also, how would we raise our minion cap?

Edit: Oh. Roll. I get it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:21:28 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 04:21:10 pm »

..Well ninja'd sir.

Minion cap is raised by increasing your notoriety. Natch. Unfortunately this may have other side effects.
Yes, you'll need specific traits to access various personal tasks. Apart from that, you generally dont get involved in the day to day operations.
You will get more traits as time goes on, so don't fret too much!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:23:55 pm by Terenos »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »

Hum. So mob boss is a doubled edged sword then. I will take my full notoriety for those actions then.

Can our guys do actions like plotting and stuff, or do they need skills for that?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »

Like an army raiding the base. Consequently, how much plotting would it take to plan a theft of bundswehr equipment?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89