Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113083 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! We have Begun!
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

Money and Resources will have multiple uses. Primarily used for hiring new minions, expanding the base. Research based shenanigans.
Hinting at the Future
One word. Bribes.
A few more words: Special projects. See Research.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 07:20:44 pm »

Jesus, I go to class and then come back and people have made 5 new pages? I need to get cracking. Lair updated to being hidden under a warehouse.

Lord Silver glances over his base, a small sneer over his mouth, before he sighs. "I do suppose this will have to do, baring better options after the... coup." He fairly spits that last word out as he turns to his minions "You two! Yes, the small one hiding behind the tall one. Get out there and rob a bank or something! We need a better cash flow. You! The one with the glasses. Come up with something special for my return to my roots. And you, the fat one? Go pretend to be a rent a cop and keep those annoying kids out of here. Come, Research flunky, we must make Rayguns!"

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:10:04 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »

Date:: Still the 2nd Day after Capture, just now I have that Tan.
Location:: Small room and sitting on a Really Cold chair. Designer Jeans do not keep you warm...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Again the Speakerbox Garbled something to Gathord who was attempting to scratch his nose with the limited movement of his hands.

"What did we do for the first week??? Well naturally my Entourage helped me plan some things. They agreed with me about the painting but there was a few things we needed to work out and there was the problem of the cash flow due. Father's Business was a no touch so while I had a wealthy lifestyle I couldn't just go and take out a Million when ever I wanted. Father said that it builds character, heh if only he knew what kinda character he built me into...

"So anyway we needed a plan and some dough. And my boys knew how to get the cash well, you remember those 'Special Offers' that ran on TV a while ago..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 08:15:06 pm »

((Quite so! Your boat will act as a mobile base of operations, and I assume you wont stay in one place too long. Guarding would probably also prevent people from accidentally wandering onto your boat while its docked, Or infiltrating it. So on.))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17:09 pm »

((Also do ya understand the RP side of things???))
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2011, 08:20:48 pm »

((You appear to have been captured. But I won't hold that against you. At some point you may in fact get captured by the Forces of Justice. Or the endgame might have you not quite make it, so an autobiographical sort of thing is quite a nice touch. I like it.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2011, 09:27:43 pm »

And if you win you can always say your guy developed a taste for BDMS and this is your way of writing your autobiography.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:25 am »

It won't matter when you are bowing to the might of the ascendant god Thrakor.

Does sending more minions increase the chance of success, the gains from the mission, or both?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 11:23:15 am »

Does sending more minions increase the chance of success, the gains from the mission, or both?

Generally speaking, yes, but too many minions being too active for too long can increase the odds of them being captured or killed, or the forces of Justice finding/invading your secret base.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 12:06:34 pm »

As a more legitimate answer: For most missions: No, yes, as well as increasing notoreity gains (usually). Also, the odds of your minions getting killed/captured is more based on if your rolls suck (so is success rate/unless Terenos has changed something) than anything else - however it is to scale.

The missions that it doesnt effect certain aspects are generally the 'event' missions where your gains are set in stone (exceptional rolls might warrant a bonus, but unrelated to the minion count but may be related to the minion type sent).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:43:44 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »

Week 1, The Stretching of Evil.

Sorry Lemon, To keep things moving you've been pushed to the waitlist. Or you can speak to Cyber about getting rolled up for the weeks you're missing to catch up.
Other things to remember folks, Only your scientists (And now Technicians!) can build base enhancements.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:10:53 pm by Terenos »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 1 now up.
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »

Spoiler: MASTERMIND EYES ONLY (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

Can we sell and buy resources? And can we sell and buy things from each other?

Also, is there anyway to (with pursumably mid to high level techs) separate our minion notoriety and our justice notoriety?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:09 pm »

You can buy and sell resources. And can influence that transaction slightly with traits and possibly henchmen.
The transaction would be $1,000 for 20 Resources, and vice versa.
And, no. Currently your Notoriety is effectively the one tracking statistic used by the FoJ. This may change later if it needs to.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »

There will be missions/event to lower notoreity. Splitting it has never really been on our mind before, if you can make a compelling reason to do so i would possibly at least consider it.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 89