Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113046 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 15 now up.
« Reply #930 on: July 08, 2011, 07:46:31 pm »

Week 16, Or Hey Look, Better Minions!

-----
Agency: C.A.R.E
Headquarters: Unknown.
Leader: Natalia Shields (5)
Other known information: None:

Agency: S.W.O.R.D.
Other Known Information: None.

Any Errors, Let me know.

ACTION World News: A pair of vigilantes have come forward with an internet-based protection service. Unfortunately for those suffering repeated extortions in the United States, these vigilantes appear to be based out of the Middle East. Natalia Shields commented "Its good to see others stepping forward to combat evil, in all its forms."

In other news, A new supercomputer network was unveiled in Russia today. This network is easily the strongest grouping of computers ever seen in the world today. Utilizing secret software and hardware the Omega Cluster as its being called, is being used to pioneer research into artificial intelligence. An Inside source suggests that breakthroughs in A.I have already been made, but that the A.I in question fled the Cluster as soon as it was able to.
Russian officials scoffed at whether the network was proof against the Evil Organizations, stating that the network was only valuable as a whole. It would not work in bits and pieces, and the chances any Organization could seize the entire thing, were laughable.

Breaking that down. The Omega Cluster is a mission that can be attempted by anyone. It will require an investment of time no less than 3 weeks (IE, you must hold ground for 3 weeks while your minions box everything up and ship it out, as its useless in chunks).
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 16 now up.
« Reply #931 on: July 08, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »

Info Post:
Tier 2 minions, and BEYOND!
Spies: Spies are dastardly cunning individuals, able to Infiltrate, in addition to most of the jobs of a standard Regular. They are trained in the Training Room, and take 2 weeks to train (Or capture, and instill their skills into a regular, Either way). General Mayhem, Cash Raising,Plotting, Guarding, Infiltrate
Bruisers: Following the learnings of combat, Your thugs can now become Bruisers. Bruisers gain no new tasks over Thugs but become slightly better at the more combat oriented activities. They are trained in the Training room.
Reporters: Effectively, They are in the know about most if not all things. These individuals, would likely be excellent at plotting. They also possess the ability to conduct Smear campaigns, which may make others suffer the Justice resulting from your actions.
Others? Possibly!

Potential Avenues of Potential Discussion:
I want to see if people are interested in the possibility of Focusing their research. They'd gain faster in that field, but slower in all others. With a limit of 2 focus'd trees. And possibly more via traits.
Bases: Right now, moving your base costs 10k. Now, I think I want to cut this down to simply taking some chunk of labor (M/W) to move your base, so that you can move, still do some things, and not pay some rather large fee. I was considering this because well, alternate bases arent really coming together for me in a way that wont add unnecessary amounts of confusion/work. At least in an expansion sort of way. I mean, Moon bases, and underground fortresses, Volcano strongholds and so on are still within the end game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:08:39 pm by Terenos »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 15 now up.
« Reply #932 on: July 08, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:56:11 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Lord Silver frowns as he plots... Hum. Need to upgrade his forces so he can steal those shiny shiny computers.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 08, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »

Can we straight hire the tier 2 minions?  How much do they cost?

Also, finally I got my prize!

What does improved potency do?  The chem numbers look the same.

Also also, woo on the base upgrade saving me.  Did it turn a critical failure into a partial success?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:49:57 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:39 pm »

Alas its a stepping stone tech, I should have clarified.
It turned a crit failure into a not crit failure, which was good enough to save the rest of your rolls

Additionally, No you cannot straight hire the T2 minions. You must capture them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 08, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

Well that just sucks for my 20% cost reduction. d=  It helps with my... collateral damage though.

I'll ponder the turn then come up with something.  Also, I need a training room now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 08, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

You know, this sounds somewhat like Mastermind: World Conquerer, only more complex.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 08, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »

*shrug*Well, the recipe for my game sort of involves.. take a dash of Mastermind: World con..quest? queror? I can never remember.. I think its Conquest though. Sprinkle over a base of Evil Genius. Mix in a few more recent super-hero-y/villainy type movies, Maybe a few other things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »

Idea for T2 minion: Grunt (Guard upgrade)

A guard given basic military training, though this just means they're more effective then anything else. The bundswehr would probably have T4 level recruits though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 09, 2011, 12:59:50 am »

Conqueror you noobcake

I've been working on the real game code a bit. Just need time, having a job prevents that. Unless someone finds it in their heart to donate money like so many do to DF i fear it may be another year till i can get this thing running
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2011, 12:43:10 pm »

Oh hey, I had three open minion slots.  No wonder my math didn't come out right.

Lord Thrakor cackles with glee.  This what he needs- a pathway to the minds of people.  He can already control their hearts, but this will give him so much more.  Once he has all the people united under his banner, then the ascension can take place!

"Well done, my children!  We can now truly learn the secrets of the mind!  All will be revealed... in good time.

This week will not be as exciting, but there are several steps to be taken in our pathway to greatness.  Each one cannot be as glamorous as the last, yet each one is vital to the cause.  I expect no less than complete devotion to the cause, as you so valiantly demonstrate to me."

"This Shields woman is becoming a bother.  We will keep an eye on her, and eliminate her if need be.  Watch yourselves in the field."

"Together, we can bring everyone under our fold.  Go in thought, my children."

Soon.   All will come, in time.

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 10, 2011, 06:15:43 am »

Do I need to kidnap a Tier 2 minion in order to train my tier 1 minions up?

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 10, 2011, 06:52:37 am »

I would be fine with the ability to focus on research, I have been attempting something like that for awhile now...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Labrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 10, 2011, 10:19:48 am »

I think it's pretty obvious I'd like the ability to focus research....
"And the geeks shall inherit the earth"
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89