Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113050 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 19 now up.
« Reply #1125 on: August 09, 2011, 03:12:22 am »

You're either very short, or simply poor at catching jokes.  Either way..For SHAME Nevyn. For shame.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 09, 2011, 03:15:21 am »

You're either very short, or simply poor at catching jokes.  Either way..For SHAME Nevyn. For shame.
No I got it... Still... ¬_¬

I am onto you...
Watching you...
Always Watching you...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 09, 2011, 03:23:13 am »

None of you are safe from Popsicle Pete.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 09, 2011, 05:21:31 am »

Only Eyes and Ears Data regarding the Omega Cluster, and battle plans went through. As such it wasnt sent so much as acted on, and factored into the rolls.
This is due to SWORD's interference, Not my laziness. (But actually my laziness. Ssh)

Week 20, Or That Damn Omega Cluster: 2, Electric Boogaloo!

-----
Agency: C.A.R.E
Headquarters: Unknown.
Leader: Natalia Shields (5)
Other known information: None:

Agency: S.W.O.R.D.
Other Known Information: None
-----
Its Week 20, as such, New Trait point!
Any errors, let me know. I'm sure a few snuck in there.
Omega Cluster: Next Post!
Info post to appear..Sometime. Soon.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:21:00 pm by Terenos »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 09, 2011, 05:26:56 am »

The Omega Cluster Battle REDUX!:

The forces of DOOM, heartened somewhat by the promises of rest and additional pay from their dark master, grit their teeth and dig in. Some reinforcements make it through to the facility in time. Others do not. Their labor is nearly completed, so with the accompaniment of a few explosions, and a transmission about the information gathered regarding the nefarious battle strategies of their enemies they settle in to finish their appointed task.

Forces of EVIL arrive on the scene, unhindered by the blockade of the Whistling Zephyr, as they chose another approach. They manage to deploy a foothold but the approach to the center of the facility is treacherous and a maze of blocked off passages thanks to DOOM's cunning plan.

Unfortunately, DOOM is not the only one with access to the plans of others. The combined forces of Black Industries and the Playboy, knowing the disposition of enemy forces manage to arrive neatly and sever the obvious route of escape, that DOOM had prepared. Its going to be a hard slog for any force though, as DOOM still has the defensive advantage. EVIL and the Combined Forces settle in to a long, Giant Laser aided siege, gradually inching their way closer and closer to the occupied portion of the facility.

Manuevering through the facility, around the damaged portions, minions of EVIL and the Playboy skirmish briefly, but as theres no bits and bobs of the Omega Cluster to fight over, it is halfhearted and lackluster. There will be no violent infighting among the other sides, that DOOM can exploit during this engagement.. When suddenly..

An explosion rocks the general area of the blockade of the Whistling Zephyr. Striking from ambush they have managed to scatter some of the inbound reinforcements of DOOM across the snowy wilderness.

Casualties are high among the scientists tasked to aid the seige being conducted against DOOM. High off their victory, the thugs of the Whistling Zephyr move into position to strike at the facility itself, unaware of the forces moving into position behind them.

EVIL and Combined Forces slowly move closer as DOOM's minions frantically load vans with components and blast charges. Under orders to destroy everything if they can't claim it, they prepare to be caught in a crossfire. The Whistling Zephyr circles the facility, striking and pulling back, causing little more than structural damage. Shadowy forces manuever on the horizon as night falls.

Combined Forces break through first, and DOOM's minions take cover in the warehouse where they've prepared their vans. Fighting is pretty fierce as DOOM has no way out, and both Dr Black and the Playboy have expressed their displeasure at the lack of results. Casualties mount, mostly on DOOM's side. Sheer numbers nearly win the day, when a minion of DOOM stands up, detonator in hand and screams "MAKE ANOTHER MOVE AND I'LL SEND US ALL TO HELL!" This understandably causes a bit of an impasse, and nervous feet shuffling. The minion is protected by an ESD, and the turrets haven't been moved up yet, so a shot at him might cause him to trigger the explosion.

Tense minutes pass, punctuated by the sounds of combat outside. Outside?!
Whistling Zephyr forces are surrounded and engaged by figures stepping out of the night. They are better geared and armed, their movements precision timed, and Zephyr forces take modest casualties before they manage to break free, surrendering their giant laser to the newcomers. Who promptly reposition it and fire it at the warehouse walls, where DOOM is hiding. It is like they knew all along the layout of enemy forces.

The wall collapsing under giant laser fire brings a sudden focus to the immediacy of the conflict. Thinking its the incoming forces of EVIL, DOOM minions cower and hide, praying for a swift death before they have to report their failure to their Mastermind, Taric. Combined Forces turn their available weaponry on the new breach, No one will dare to steal their prize.
Black clad men and women in battle gear, the telltale flickering of energy shielding devices, and laser rifles. They're also packing a few pieces of gear that are unfamiliar to all involved sides. They set up quickly and begin laying fire down on everyone indiscriminately. DOOM minions, cowering already take no further casualties, Combined Forces take a few while they pull back and hold their breach while bringing up their turrets.

This is when EVIL forces breach the warehouse, leaving their giant laser on and incinerating two of the newcomers outright. Heavy fire rains down from the forces of EVIL forcing the newcomers to give ground slowly until they have been driven out of the warehouse and are operating from the outside. More holes are being opened up in the walls of the warehouse by the constant giant laser fire.
The DOOM technician, gets a brilliant idea and starts lobbing the spare explosives at the walls, landing several in key locations.
Combined Forces bring up their turrets and another round of casualties on all sides (Save DOOM, who's slim minion numbers actually work to their favor here). The shadowy newcomers seem to be running low on forces, however there is one somewhat imposing figure operating without a facemask. Hes in his late 30s, obviously British, and is cockily ending lives with his laser rifle, and laser pistol sidearm. He also seems to be shouting while he fights but no one can hear him over the din.
As each side is whittled slowly down, DOOM makes their move. Triggering the explosives they threw at the wall, they cause massive structural instability and suddenly the engines on the vans rev to life! The last few minions of DOOM managed to get into position in the vans, and try to bull rush their way out. This gambit nearly works, unfortunately the British gentleman leading the shadowy newcomers jumps onto the end van and manages to pull his way forward over the top of the van, to the cab and attempts to kick the minion out the side while he swings in.

Fortunately, one of the few scientists who survived the Zephyr's ambush appeared to fire a few shots at the van. The Agent leapt off the side into a snowbank, raising up over the poor scientist like some manner of avenging angel.. The gun jammed..The Agent struck..A noble sacrifice as agents of DOOM sped away.
Seeing the prize lost, All remaining Evil Forces attempted to disperse slowly, recovering their gear as they went. They were engaged suicidally by the black-clad newcomers. On the plus side, Every single  newcomer was killed. But no one had the courage to try to steal their gear, seeing as that big British fellow was nowhere to be seen. He seemed dangerous.
Whistling Zephyr forces, managed to re-secure their giant laser, after the shenanigans.

Taric and the Forces of DOOM, Congratulations, you have claimed the Omega Cluster.
The Omega Cluster provides a +20 bonus to all Robotics research rolls you conduct. And a +5 to all Physics rolls you conduct. However while you possess it, it is far FAR easier to steal.
You also gain 40 Notoriety.
Hastur, Happery, Nevyn, Kashyyk, You all gain 10 Notoriety, and probably some hard feelings about this.

Losses:
Taricus: 2 Guards, 4 Scientists.
Happery: 1 Reg, 1 Guard, 1 Tech.
Hastur: -4 Thugs
Nevyn:  -2 Regulars, 1 Tech, 1 Guard.
Kashyyk: -3 Thugs.

All other gear was recovered intact by their respective parties.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:24:06 pm by Terenos »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 20 now up.
« Reply #1130 on: August 09, 2011, 06:10:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:26:44 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:16 am »

Well, that was awesome. Taricus, You better put that Cluster to use, cos I'm coming for you ;)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 09, 2011, 06:25:11 am »

I know, so I'm running and leaving behind a gift for whoever takes my old base (An honest gift, I'm just not spoiling it for you.)

And that shows why you PM the actions of a major offensive to Terenos and CG: You can do a shitload, and I would've certainly lost the battle without it.

Last thing: I'm going to slice your cranium open, spill the false grey matter upon the remnants of your minions and commit vulgar, consentual acts upon your siblings!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:13 am »

Oh trust me, we did that too, although probably not as detailed.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 09, 2011, 07:00:39 am »

If I picked Researcher 5 what would my bonus be? The first page is confusing me a bit...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 09, 2011, 08:04:58 am »

I bet you had no idea that I was going to come in and ask what I'd get for CoP 5!

Is there a cap to trait level?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:02 am »

Odd, could have sworn my Henchman did the Plotted mission and same with the guards...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 09, 2011, 12:34:15 pm »

I dare say, you forgot my 3 thugs going after more resources.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 09, 2011, 02:34:05 pm »

I..Plotted mission? what? *double checks* Ah I see the problem here.. I didnt know what you meant by Attack Equip, and forgot you had a plotted mission to go for. In the interests of me not rewriting things..You'll change your casualties and I'll give you a mission write up.

..Thats true V-Norrec, I did. I'll go roll that up right now.

Traits such as Researcher and CoP cap at 5. IT'd be confusing cause I havent had a chance to go update it yet.
The final level  of Researcher gives a total of +20 to your personal research, a total of +8 to the research of your other scientists. As well, You have a 5% chance, on breakthrough of instead, getting 2 breakthroughs!

The final level of Cult of Personality, Is a further +2 Minion Cap, giving a total of 14, a further +10% cheaper minions, for a total of 30. And the final little bonus is ..I unno, Im drawing a blank here. I'll come back to this.

-Edit- Roight, I -think- thats everything.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:24:57 pm by Terenos »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 09, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »

I just PMed mah turn.  That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89