Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113028 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 20 now up.
« Reply #1170 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:46 am »

OOoo! I choose extortionist
Q: Can i buy or make stuff that i have not researched? Like a carbomb? or armored cars, or attack dogs. Or do they have no effect if they are not unlocked through research?
Is extortion and stealing the only way of getting money? I tried piracy and selling bootlegs earlier but does specifying what I do have any in game effect?
P.S. Dibs on the rock! I bet its magic!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 14, 2011, 02:42:27 am »

Hastur.. Far be it from me to stifle your creativity or flair, but..There are some legitimate purchases that I will permit, but a lot of what you're suggesting has no..Real effect that I've come up with yet. Or that I want to come up with effects for, because several of them are things that are(to me) Either mundane villainy or would draw too much attention. Carbombs? How needlessly mundane, you have giant lasers. Armored cars? I don't know about you, but I notice every single armored car. I do not however notice vans marked with various businesses, or mid-sized family sedans. Attack dogs look suspicious, require paperwork, are easily noticed..

Extortion, stealing, or large scale plotted missions are the only way to gain resources or cash. Piracy or bootlegs or what have you is a fine way of changing the flavor but..Yeah. I haven't given anyone any bonuses for seriously outside the box thinking yet. And dont plan to. The mission types are there for a reason. It defines activities so I dont have headaches or rules questions that amount to 'can x minion do y?' By having loosely defined missions I've already answered this. Not everything evil you could do currently fits, this is true. But eventually everything will.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:45 am »

Hastur.. Far be it from me to stifle your creativity or flair, but..There are some legitimate purchases that I will permit, but a lot of what you're suggesting has no..Real effect that I've come up with yet. Or that I want to come up with effects for, because several of them are things that are(to me) Either mundane villainy or would draw too much attention. Carbombs? How needlessly mundane, you have giant lasers. Armored cars? I don't know about you, but I notice every single armored car. I do not however notice vans marked with various businesses, or mid-sized family sedans. Attack dogs look suspicious, require paperwork, are easily noticed..

Extortion, stealing, or large scale plotted missions are the only way to gain resources or cash. Piracy or bootlegs or what have you is a fine way of changing the flavor but..Yeah. I haven't given anyone any bonuses for seriously outside the box thinking yet. And dont plan to. The mission types are there for a reason. It defines activities so I dont have headaches or rules questions that amount to 'can x minion do y?' By having loosely defined missions I've already answered this. Not everything evil you could do currently fits, this is true. But eventually everything will.
Ok thats what i thought after seeing no difference back when i was adding flavor to my actions, but the battle modifers you showed made me unshure since i remember modifiers for little things like ambushes or recklesness. i'll stick to the formula then.
but what are spies better at than regulars, just a small chance of infiltration? or are they better scouts/information gatherers
Could a reporter bribe a bruiser to join me? or is some other minion better at it?
If I added oilcan dispensers to my cars would that be more genre appropriate or is that still outside the box? Is it close to being acceptable?
as it is im willing to spend money for bonuses, the chemistry drugs cost resources for a one time use and i thought attack dogs would give a bonus to my guards guarding roll (presumably they have one like a combat roll) The chemistry drugs are fleeting for defence so arent worth it to me to buy but attack dogs would carry over and be a good investment.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:01:10 am by Hastur »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 14, 2011, 03:14:08 am »

For battles sure, strategy/plans gets factored in. That happens. Taricus ordered his guys to drop every approach but 2 , Nevyn/Kashyyk wanted to arrive away from everyone and set up. But that was a large scale thing, where there was space for strategy/creativity to do things. It wasnt within the normal mission-space I mean.

Spies can Infiltrate, do reasonably at Plotting, And are also good at Guarding.
The only way to get the higher tier minions is capture and let your minions train off them. It simulates the capture/interrogation -> right into minion type, from Evil Genius.

Why would you have oilcan dispensers when you can simply crack open the back of your nondescript van and fire the giant laser? Again, its just a matter of why do X possibly costing you things and not being as effective, when you can already do Y.
Chemistry is supposed to be the research path for strong one shot boosts, Biology is the department of small passive boosts.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:52 pm »

Ba-bump-da-bump

A.k.a. skip the slackers.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:02 pm »

Oh everyones in. I've just been a little busy.
Turn mostly complete. Look to its coming within the night sometime.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 16, 2011, 05:14:20 am »

Week 21, Or ..This totally was not planned.

Any errors, Let me know
Everyone should have 5 total trait points

-----
Agency: C.A.R.E
Headquarters: Unknown.
Leader: Natalia Shields (5)
Other known information: None:

Agency: S.W.O.R.D.
Other Known Information: None
-----

Action World News. Tonight (Dundun dunDUN DUN! DUN!))
"Tonight, A daring action by Natalia Shields has resulted in what could be the ENDof one of the forces of Evil that preys upon the world. CARE and Natalia Shields, acting on information obtained by an anonymous source, struck at the lair of the Disciples of Thought. While unable to secure the capture of the notorious Lord Thrakor, CARE was instrumental in breaking their hold over the local area, and driving them into hiding. Forces of the Whistling Zephyr were also engaged in this battle, turning it into an incredibly successful week for the forces of Justice. Utilizing breakthroughs made from recovered data, CARE suffered only a scant few casualties. The same cannot be said for either the Disciples of Thought or the Whistling Zephyr.
Natalia Shields gave a press conference, stating emphatically that the Disciples of Thought were on the run, and that before long they would be brought to Justice. Then CARE would turn its attention to other forces of evil. "If these organizations persist, So will we. And we will be victorious." Powerful words, from a powerful woman.

Seeing the success of CARE, Several provisional agencies are being set up under joint government rule in South America and Europe. These agencies will work to promote the new World Justice Initiative.

And now to Brent Stone, in the field. Brent?"

"Thanks Barb. Dr Doom's continued campaign of terror, under the command of E.V.I.L has led to unprecedented amounts of property damage. Travel in and around Europe has been suspended by this megalomaniacal terrorist's actions against the transportation infrastructure. Few lives were lost as a result of his actions, but local governments estimate the damage in excess of eight million. Repair work has begun but the work of months can be undone in moments by the likes of Dr Doom. We can only hope that the new World Justice Initiative manages to bring these evil fiends to justice."
"Thank you Brent, for that chilling look at the handiwork of E.V.I.L. In lighter news, A vision of Christ in a candy bar? Talk about my sweet lord! The immaculate confection, Coming up next."
*Click*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:52:05 pm by Terenos »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 21 now up.
« Reply #1177 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:58:33 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 16, 2011, 06:11:04 am »

Week 21 Turn, Or ..This totally was as planned, actually.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Lord Silver plans the advancement of his cause with lots of rayguns.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:01:58 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 16, 2011, 06:37:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robots you say? How about GIANT ONES!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:44:19 pm by Comp112 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 16, 2011, 08:27:24 am »

It's good to see a fellow Evil Genius has signed his own death warrant!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

You obviously need to reread that Toaster. If they sold you out, they wouldn't have suffered casulties...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »

..Yeah, cause Toasters gonna let an attack slide. CARE was in the area.. It was just poor timing on the attack eh?...
I did mention CARE was in the area right?
Anywho.. I was going to do a rules update, so lets heave to!
Changing Bases
Changing bases, is an important thing when your location is known, and you want to avoid sabotage or retribution. You can also move your Base to gain small bonuses that might be applicable based on where you're moving to.
This could get a bit murky, but what the hell. The base movement time is 15 M/W of labor, and any Minion type can add their labor value (Base 1, modified by the Enhance Base job)here. This is to move directly to another Base with no bonuses. Better bonuses to the base, more time.

New Stuff?!
Saboteurs
The upgrade from Technicians, Trained in the Workshop. These minions are the very best thing in General Mayhem, and gain the new job type Sabotage: Which is useable against Forces of Justice or other EG's in order to cut them down.
Jobs: General Mayhem, Enhance Base 2, Sabotage
T2 Minion, Trained from Technicians in the Workshop.

Storage Lockers
Legitimate Purchase: $1,250, Stores your gear neatly in the base. Thus preventing it from being stolen as easily, or used against your minions (without a minion being knocked out for his gear(And jumpsuit)).

Traps!
Traps are defensive installations created to protect your base from interlopers. Their portability is usually quite high, allowing you to bring them with you if you are forced to leave the base quickly.
Traps are (at this stage) 'Legitimate' Purchases. As you can probably build them from simple items purchased innocently. However many traps might be unlocked via Research. Such breakthroughs will likely occur at different times than 'regular' breakthroughs.
So without further ado, Lets get us some traps!

Lockdown Devices: 5 R/$250 0 M/W - A sliding portcullis sort of thing that seals off sections of your base thus trapping minions or interlopers until the breach can be addressed.
Pit Traps: 5 R/$250 0 M/W - A practical staple is the old carefully designed pit trap. Not responsible for death or injury resulting from carelessness.

Gas Traps: 10R/$500 0 M/W - Loaded with your preference of gas. May be fatal to minions.

Swinging Blade Traps: 10R/$500 0 M/W - Of course if you don't -care- about apprehending intruders...
Crushing Wall Traps: 10R/$500 0 M/W - I think you get the picture here.

(..More to come. I'm just a bit unfocused right now. Feel free to suggest things!)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:50:22 pm by Terenos »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 16, 2011, 03:37:55 pm »

You obviously need to reread that Toaster. If they sold you out, they wouldn't have suffered casulties...
..Yeah, cause Toasters gonna let an attack slide.

Oh, he's a dead man, don't worry.  If there's one thing us evil geniuses do well, it's a vendetta.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 16, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »

Do you have to buy multiples of traps or is just one of each kind sufficient?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89