Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 113122 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 24 now up.
« Reply #1290 on: September 18, 2011, 07:13:54 pm »

..You moved to an island, I'm sure I told you the bonuses.. Not the exact numbers, no. But..I gave you an idea of what you were getting out of it.
But I ASKED for a bonus towards Research and Minon Capacity aswell...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Labrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:34 am »

and how exactly were you going to get those bonuses? you didn't take over a top secret government lab, or anything like that
"And the geeks shall inherit the earth"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »

how exactly is an island going to give a bonus to any research? or minion cap?

when things get into areas of 'w/e you want' like new bases...if you can justify it, we'll consider it
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 20, 2011, 12:09:01 am »

how exactly is an island going to give a bonus to any research? or minion cap?

when things get into areas of 'w/e you want' like new bases...if you can justify it, we'll consider it
I asked to move to an Island base with a bonus towards Research and Minion cap.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Labrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:02 am »

His point is you never gave any suggestions on why an island would give you either (which btw, common sense says there was no way in hell you were getting a base that increased your minion cap). Places don't just giive bonuses. There has to be a reason. And anything that would give you a bonus to research...would probably still be in use, so you'd have to kick whoever's using it out first (I know, because I asked).

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:03 am »

Last I checked the Wording for Changing bases as...

Changing Bases
Changing bases, is an important thing when your location is known, and you want to avoid sabotage or retribution. You can also move your Base to gain small bonuses that might be applicable based on where you're moving to.
This could get a bit murky, but what the hell. The base movement time is 15 M/W of labor, and any Minion type can add their labor value (Base 1, modified by the Enhance Base job)here. This is to move directly to another Base with no bonuses. Better bonuses to the base, more time.

I asked to move to a base that was an island with those possible bonuses...
It took me 30M/W to move to the Island Base. I expected more then just a more secure location. For each turn since I started moving I said, (Bonus to Research/Minion), and not once was anything said against it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 20, 2011, 12:34:33 pm »

When I dream, I want a pony.

Theres no damn way anyones getting a minion cap increase, as a base bonus. Sorry, but Cult of Personality has proven to me that that would be too powerful. Not only that, theres really no logical reason for an island to give you a minion bonus for having your lair there. Why an island wont give that bonus: Middle of nowhere. Have to get new minions there yourself.
I -could- be convinced to give a bonus to certain research fields (Geology, Botany, Aerospace Engineering) but an across the board research boost? No. And its very likely I'd be hiding that bonus.

Edit: After thinking on it for awhile, I am willing to change your base location. Or potentially allow a minion cap boost. There is a research bonus, but it was hidden.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:42:24 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 22, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »

Poke? Because this should not be on page 4. Are we still waiting on someone?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:35 pm »

We are. Comp112, Hastur, and V-Norrec by my notes. I have messaged them.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 22, 2011, 07:32:31 pm »

The way I see increased minion cap would have worked is considering that on building the area they discovered they were able to make a more larger staple of food, shelter and other needs that bringing in more minions wouldn't be too difficult...

Also. Did I know that I had to specify which Research Branch I need to choose??? No? I had like, what 3-4 turns for it to be known...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »

But they still have to want to work with you, which is the implication of how minion cap is tied to notoriety.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Labrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:42 am »

The way I see increased minion cap would have worked is considering that on building the area they discovered they were able to make a more larger staple of food, shelter and other needs that bringing in more minions wouldn't be too difficult...

Also. Did I know that I had to specify which Research Branch I need to choose??? No? I had like, what 3-4 turns for it to be known...
He said he'd put you in a different base if you want those bonuses. So why don't you try acting like a big boy and either stay where you are or take him up on his offer. Personally I think he's being overly accomodating, so you might want to make up your mind before he changes his.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:34 am »

Well truth be told. All I wanted to know is what was happening as nothing was ever said during the turns I moved in weather the things I was requesting was possible or not.
I will stick to this base though...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 23, 2011, 12:05:49 pm »

I'll be honest, the first turn you did it, you just used the scientists. so when you put Minion Bonus, Science Bonus, I thought you were just drawing my attention to the labor being used to work on it. It was a mistake and I just glossed over it later. Its an understandable mistake, given theres no standardized turn layout, and so I tend to gloss over things I think to be 'extra'.
And when theres conflicting data in a sentence I always go for the first chunk of it. Or omit it. An island base, to me, isn't a logical place to get a minion cap bonus.

I wouldn't worry about the research bonuses, everyones getting huge leaps in research now, to speed the game towards its end.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »

Actions:
Permanently hire my new henchman.
Get two more Regulars on the payroll.
4 Guards Guard my base with ESD's
2 New Jetpacks are built
3 Regulars plot, attempting to find whoever is in charge of S.W.O.R.D.
2 Technicians go around causing Chaos with ESD's and Giant Lasers.
4 Scientist Research Aerospace Engineering, Support.
3 Thugs and 2 Bruisers go out and rob a factory of all it's Resources, taking everything that's not bolted to the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89