Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF Synthetics - plastics industry mod v 0.31  (Read 10548 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF Synthetics - plastics industry mod v 0.31
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »

Yeah. They're useful if, say, there are two different materials required for a certain interaction that aren't made with the same reaction themselves.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Synthetics - plastics industry mod v 0.31
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »

I agree that [Automatic] has a place, but if you have additional steps inside a production pipeline, which you have completely modded in yourself, then if you just make the "automatic" i see no reason not to combine down the steps.

that's what i meant by "not affecting gameplay". I'm using the game theory definition of "gameplay". A decision which you ALWAYS make, every time you play, is not "gameplay" by definition. If there is a choice to be made, then it's gameplay.

In this mod pretty much everything was an unavoidable step, or has more than 1 use as an output. Putting [Automatic] tags on everything assumes that the material will only have 1 specific use. That's fine if you invent a use for an existing game material which had no use, since you need to get that into the production pipeline, but in a lengthy pipeline which you define yourself, you need to explain why all the steps exist separate, and can't just be blocked down to a single step using multiple ingredients.

In the Df Synthetics mod, almost every new material is a USABLE material
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:18:09 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 2 [3]