Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress and Screw ups of Biblical proportion.  (Read 15945 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress and Screw ups of Biblical proportion.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 06:05:30 am »

These are fantastic!

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 12:06:52 pm »

We had a Lord of the Rings -report reenactment thread earlier, and it was awesome. Based on what I've seen here so far, this is a bookmark to treasure.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 12:44:01 pm »

Quote from: Revelation 9
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Horrifying screams come from the darkness below.

Quote from: Revelation 9
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Now that I think about it, it would be kind of cool/funny/disrespectful to do a BIBLE ADVENTURES mod.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:47:31 pm by Koji »
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

Zipporah is throwing a tantrum!

Zipporah strikes Gershom in the foreskin with -sharp rock- and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Zipporah throws a Severed Foreskin!

The spinning Severed Foreskin hits Yahweh in the r. foot, but it bounces off harmlessly!

Yahweh cancels Kill Moses: path blocked by Severed Foreskin

Exodus 4:24-31
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

Nothing is elven, everything is !!science!!.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 10:46:36 pm »

*falls off his seat shaking with blasphemous laughter*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 06:37:47 am »

This is a blood thorn crown. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of blood thorn. On the item is an image of a cross in oak. On the item is a coating of Jesus of Nazareths blood.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:40:47 am by Number4 »
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 01:37:47 pm »

Jesus, Son of God is stricken by melancholy!

An ambush! Curse them!

The Traitor kisses The Son Of God in the face!

The Soldier grabs the Son Of God by the Upper Body with his Right Upper Arm!

The Pharisee grabs the Son Of God by the Upper Body with his Right Upper Arm!

The Disciple strikes the Slave in the left ear with his +Silver Short Sword+ and the severed part sails off in an arc!
[Signature]

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »

I hope some of you are familiar with Norse mythology:

Loki has been ecstatic lately. He tricked another God recently.

Höðr throws ☼Mistletoe Spear☼!

The spinning ☼Mistletoe Spear☼ strikes Baldr in the head, shattering the skull and piercing the brain!

☼Mistletoe Spear☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!

Baldr has been struck down!

Höðr has been upset lately. He has killed a family member by accident while sparring recently.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:21:04 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »

Lot cancels flee: Could not find path.
The angel strikes the sodomites in the eye with the ☼miracle☼, breaking it!

God strikes Sodom in the left structure with the ☼nuclear wrath☼, breaking the building and piercing the earth!

The sodomite has been struck down x9999

Lot's wife cancels flee: Interrupted by miracle.
Lot's wife has been encased in salt!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:25:14 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 10:15:36 pm »

A vile force of Philistines has arrived!

David cancels herding sheep, putting on equipment.

Goliath charges at the Israelites.
The Israelites look surprised at the ferocity of Goliath's onslaught.

The -flying river stone- strikes Goliath in the head, tearing the skin, bruising the fat, and shattering the skull.

Goliath has been knocked unconscious!

David picks up the ☼Large Steel Sword☼

David strikes goliath in the upper body with the ☼Large Steel Sword☼, piercing the +Iron Chainmail+, tearing the skin, and bruising the heart.

An artery has been torn.

Goliath has bled to death.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 10:37:32 pm »

The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' left lower arm with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' right lower arm with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' left foot with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' right foot with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus in the lower body with the bronze spear, tearing the guts!

Jesus has starved to death

My mother would not be proud.

Also, I imagine there will be announcements for raising the dead in the next release, so we might add this in 3 days or so...

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:36 pm »

The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' left lower arm with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' right lower arm with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' left foot with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus' right foot with the iron nail, tearing the muscle and shattering the bone!
The Roman Soldier pierces Jesus in the lower body with the bronze spear, tearing the guts!

Jesus has starved to death

My mother would not be proud.

Also, I imagine there will be announcements for raising the dead in the next release, so we might add this in 3 days or so...

Technically, wasn't the spear to the side after he was already dead, to prove he was dead?  Also, crucifixion is a slow and painful way to die, but you don't get left up there long enough to actually starve, you die of asphyxiation, first.  (Death occurs within a day with crucifixion, but thirst takes 3 days, and starvation 3 weeks.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:09 am »

How would you asphyxiate when you're being crucified?

They don't tear your lungs, do they?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 04:26:47 am »

How would you asphyxiate when you're being crucified?

They don't tear your lungs, do they?

Eventually you lose the strength to hold yourself up and your windpipe gets squashed by your own weight.

It's pretty fun :D
[Signature]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6