Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Most common ore? Probably tetrahedrite.  (Read 6774 times)

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most common ore? Probably tetrahedrite.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 06:06:49 pm »

Galena for me, silver bolts, silver statues for every room, everything studded with silver. Urgh

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »

What I mean is: FUCKING BILLON PYRAMID
That. Pretty much everything menaces with billon in mah fortress.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »

I've been embarking with only iron ores, I thought copper was useless. Also, is it the case that if you have just one shallow/deep metal on the embark screen, that's it? Or can other metals occur in the map as well?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »

I find I tend to get Galena more than anything, but maybe it's because of my embark site preferences. The lead is good for bins and the silver is good for weapons, but I have to rely on leather, bone, and *gag* wood for a lot of my armor. Tetrahedrite is a close second. It has less silver, but certainly enough to make all the weapons you need, and the copper is sufficient for armor.

I've made a habit of embarking with the materials for a handfull steel bars, so I can at least get a few good edge weapons.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:49:30 pm by Lagslayer »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 08:26:05 pm »

Just started a new fort (I don't think I've gotten the first caravan yet), and the only metal I've seen so far is ... Cassiterite.  I know there are other metals (shallow and deep metals), but I strongly suspect they are below the aquifer (of course).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 09:10:55 pm »

I can't seem to find a map without native gold on it frankly. Not that I'm complaining.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 09:24:43 pm »

I don't know, tetrahedrite is precious in comparison to the gold on my map...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »

I don't know, tetrahedrite is precious in comparison to the gold on my map...
Its all in what you find you are in need of, right? :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 10:21:15 pm »

my most recent fort is up to it's armpits in native silver veins. silver barrels/bins/tables/ect.. you name it we've got it in silver!
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Zenny the Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 09:24:59 am »

On nearly every embark gold is my most common ore.
At the current one I have around 40k Gold, compared to 32k Tetrahydrite. Normally every dwarf gets a golden door, cabinet and coffeur in his 4x4 room.
In one fort, I modded minotaurs to be tamable and made one of them mayor by chaining him in the dining hall.
Pages: 1 2 [3]