Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 123844 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 04:07:39 am »

I can't believe this.  I actually can't buttonspam enough to survive Ocelot.

Gosh darnit.  Time for a new plan...

EDIT: Never mind, got a pencil so I only had to tense up my forearm, instead of needing to focus energy on finger.  So much easier  ::)
You're playing MGS1, right?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 04:09:26 am »

Yup, PS1 version.

Damn computer keyboard.  I actually find spamming a lot easier on, you know, a real controller.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 04:10:31 am »

MGS 3 had one of the best storylines i've ever witnessed in a game. The ending sequences? Amazing
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 05:17:56 am »

Yup, PS1 version.

Damn computer keyboard.  I actually find spamming a lot easier on, you know, a real controller.
It's pretty hard to even get to Ocelot without using a controller.

After using a keyboard for half an hour on MGS1, I found myself screaming at my PC screen. I was mainly yelling "GET BACK IN THE GODDAMN VENT OR YOU- Oh, fantastic. I'm dead again"

MGS 3 had one of the best storylines i've ever witnessed in a game. The ending sequences? Amazing
It was a pretty good one, if I remember correctly.

But what was it about? All I remember was enjoying the story.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 05:20:26 am »

After using a keyboard for half an hour on MGS1, I found myself screaming at my PC screen. I was mainly yelling "GET BACK IN THE GODDAMN VENT OR YOU- Oh, fantastic. I'm dead again"

Haha, I really don't have that much trouble with the controls.  Mostly with moving too soon (or not enough), and that's just my own stupidity and impatience.

*sigh*

This game has ridiculously high amounts of Ho Yay.  I... am kind of surprised.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 05:30:30 am »

Haha, I really don't have that much trouble with the controls.  Mostly with moving too soon (or not enough), and that's just my own stupidity and impatience.

*sigh*

Really?  The entire series has been packed with innuendo.  Hell, the main character is called Solid Snake.  As my dad kindly pointed out, that pretty much means erection.

Anyways, I've played MGS1-4 so many times that the entire plot is understandable.  All of it.  Even the infamous headfuck that is the ending of MGS2.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 05:33:51 am »

*sigh*

Hell, the main character is called Solid Snake.  As my dad kindly pointed out, that pretty much means erection.
Erection just dosen't have the same ring as Solid Snake.

Imagine dying and hearing "ERECTION? ERECTION!? EERRREECTIOOOON!" instead of "Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAKKKEEEE!"

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 05:40:36 am »

*sigh*

Hell, the main character is called Solid Snake.  As my dad kindly pointed out, that pretty much means erection.
Erection just dosen't have the same ring as Solid Snake.

Imagine dying and hearing "ERECTION? ERECTION!? EERRREECTIOOOON!" instead of "Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAKKKEEEE!"

Reminds me of that one awkward time when...actually, I'm not gonna go there.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 05:41:36 am »

Really?  The entire series has been packed with innuendo.  Hell, the main character is called Solid Snake.  As my dad kindly pointed out, that pretty much means erection.

No, I got that picture from the Let's Play of 4 I've been semi-watching.

But the "have you ever found love on the battlefield" conversation was... surprising.  I'm also shocked at the quality of the voice actors... it's WAY higher than most of the titles I've seen.  The death screams are pretty darned chilling.

Also, I managed to take down the Hind in my second try.  Whoo!  (... The first try, I blew myself up with the Stinger by launching it into the ground multiple times.  It's about as hilarious as it sounds)

EDIT: OH MY GOD STEALTH DUDES SO FRACKING SCARY

... That really, really, really surprised me.  Wow.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:56:57 am by Vector »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 07:12:34 am »

About surviving Ocelot's torture, supposedly he can detect auto-fire(and will shoot you if you do), but I've done it with two different auto-fire controllers and he didn't. Clarification: I used turbo-fire(where you still have to hold the button down), and I don't believe I've tried it with an emulator.

And believe me, you need auto/turbo-fire to win it on Extreme.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 07:17:28 am »

About surviving Ocelot's torture, supposedly he can detect auto-fire(and will shoot you if you do), but I've done it with two different auto-fire controllers and he didn't. Clarification: I used turbo-fire(where you still have to hold the button down), and I don't believe I've tried it with an emulator.

And believe me, you need auto/turbo-fire to win it on Extreme.
Ocelot's torture is damn awesome.

Also, you know how Psycho Mantis can sense your actions? If you plug in 2 controllers, he cannot read your controller directly and will not be such a bitch to kill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 07:22:05 am »

Hey, real men fight Mantis with controller 1.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 07:25:05 am »

I know. That was for non-real men.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:23 am »

I know. That was for non-real men.
Spoiler: But wait... (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 07:35:50 am »

Real men tell him they urinated in his coffee just to see him do a spit take.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 124