Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 123980 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2015, 05:32:03 pm »

I haven't been following news all too much either other than the E3 demo I saw... last year I think it was?
I'm also unreasonably excited that snake now doesn't carry around a small arsenal on his person.
and you can see the rifle on his chest so cool
Details like this are really nice, especially if it also takes into account other inventory items like grenades. Silent Storm is the only game I can think of that actually had equipment represented on your soldier's models.

Is there a nice place with all of the information for Phantom Pain so far? I'm too lazy/busy to go look for it myself.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »

There's no good pile-up of information, but the big sources are the two 2014 demos and the 2015 demo that just came out. Otherwise...have fun trawling Kojima's twitter account, because that's where he posts everything.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:52 pm »

I've actually been avoiding trailer and demos and really most info on the game so far so I can actually be surprised by stuff. So excuse me if I get something wrong.
Forgive me instead. It's cool that you're confident enough in the game to already have made up your mind to buy it without knowing anything about the story or gameplay.

I haven't been following news all too much either other than the E3 demo I saw... last year I think it was?
I'm also unreasonably excited that snake now doesn't carry around a small arsenal on his person.
and you can see the rifle on his chest so cool
Details like this are really nice, especially if it also takes into account other inventory items like grenades. Silent Storm is the only game I can think of that actually had equipment represented on your soldier's models.
Tell me about it. I want guns to hang from straps or be in holsters, and grenades to be hung on your vest, and I want fresh ammo to be pulled from pockets or pouches.

Is there a nice place with all of the information for Phantom Pain so far? I'm too lazy/busy to go look for it myself.
I've been keeping up with things since the beginning. If you have questions, shoot me a PM.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »

Extra bonus points if just wearing a shirt and pants means you can only hold very small items inside your pants/shirt pockets, while wearing LBE's, holsters, bandoliers etc. actually increase the amount of stuff you carry in an intuitive way.

Basically I'm saying make Jagged Alliance 1.13 inventory system but make it visually represented on the character(s)... actually, that might be a bit much especially if you use a controller, but something similar would be nice.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:14 am »

I've heard plenty of people complain about Quiet, but I really can't bring myself to dislike the character design of someone who makes supersonic cracks when they move.
Having thought about this for awhile, I think this is the main reason why I like her.

Oh and if you like it's another gameplay trailer but in Japanese: Linkey
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:40:32 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »

In the E3 Demo showing A Hero's Way, when the presenter had Quiet selected as a buddy, there was a tab showing - creatively - her breasts, with 'Naked' underneath it. So apparently you might be able to change her outfit before you bring her on missions, if it's any consolation.
I mean, that probably won't fix cutscenes, but she won't have to be practically naked all the time.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »

The outfit is so absurd that I can only assume that she wears it because she has no idea how normal people dress themselves.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2015, 03:05:53 pm »

Also, new demo out.
Spoiler: Legit Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »

In the E3 Demo showing A Hero's Way, when the presenter had Quiet selected as a buddy, there was a tab showing - creatively - her breasts, with 'Naked' underneath it. So apparently you might be able to change her outfit before you bring her on missions, if it's any consolation.
I mean, that probably won't fix cutscenes, but she won't have to be practically naked all the time.
Traditionally, Metal Gear cutscenes have been in-game rather than pre-rendered, so...
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2015, 03:12:13 pm »

Oh, well. Good.
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2015, 05:49:21 pm »

Yeah we know from the early demos that at least some of the cutscenes are in-game (after Ocelot says his "legend" line Snake's horse rears and it goes seamlessly into the gameplay). In MGS4 your camo choices were represented in cutscenes. MGS2: Subsistence had the fun demo theater that let you change the character models for the characters in certain cutscenes, which was hilarious.

looked up quiet for a refresh on what her design was like and.. yeah, i really can't like that outfit. it's just dumb, there's not even anything creative about it, she's literally just wearing a bikini and torn pantyhose. what sort situation would a person have to be to even be wearing those things together? what sort of person would opt to stay dressed like that for any length of time, let alone a sniper

kojima claims that she has a good reason and that we'll buy it, but i really doubt it
Yeah apparently there's an explanation that has to do with her powers, but it doesn't make me like it any more than I already do.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2015, 06:04:41 pm »

The power explanation might be that anything other than skintight stuff would just rip off as she literally moves so fast she's creating sonic booms, but it's a bit too much of a stretch.
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »

Part of Kojima's statement is that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2015, 06:10:24 pm »

Oh thank god.
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile