Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sydrome Diagnosis  (Read 2879 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Sydrome Diagnosis
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:09 am »

Got a deadly blood forgotten beast and I'm obviously concerned. My Axedwarf's equipment is coated, as is various other peoples' who walked through the pools... can anyone think of a way to get the blood actually active so I can see how bad it's gonna be?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Sydrome Diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

Snuggle kittens.

Or lure someone down by making them in a military squad with no uniform and "exact matches only" then order them to stand.  They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:50:49 am »

She's stood in the blood pool with no shoes or socks... should it show the blood covering/spatter somewhere?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:46 am »

It would show up in the inventory screen, "Forgotten Beast Blood, left arm (covering)" or something like that.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:53:26 am »

Well it's not. :(

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:26 am »

Have them take a bath. Then they won't kill your whole fort.

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:54:44 pm »

Snuggle kittens.

Or lure someone down by making them in a military squad with no uniform and "exact matches only" then order them to stand.  They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

I laughed so hard it agitated my heartburn and now I'm in pain. Thanks a lot.

Also, sigged.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.