Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Pokemon game on Switch for a kid  (Read 689 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Best Pokemon game on Switch for a kid
« on: December 30, 2022, 06:38:41 pm »

Hello guys, I'm just wondering, my kid loves pokemon, and recently got him a Switch. He's only 5 and a half old and still learning to read.

Which would be the best Pokemon game from all there are (quite a lot) for him? He plays Pokemon Unite in my phone from time to time but he also watch the anime a lot, all of them and says wants to play a game where he gpes around and capture Pokemons and do battle and what not. I think he's still too young for that, but dunno.

What would you recommend?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Best Pokemon game on Switch for a kid
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 08:27:02 pm »

IIRC Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee was deliberately simple for new/young players.  I've never played it myself tho.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 03:17:43 pm »

Thank you my friend. Pete was dead set on Arceus but I saw it as a bit too much even for an old player. He saw the video and is playing the demo of Let's Go Evee/Pikachu and is loving it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 09:42:51 pm »

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are collectathons where you try and catch as many pokemon as possible. I think that's very appealing to kids, and why it didn't have much of an impact on older players (despite the nostalgia of returning to Kanto).

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 12:53:18 pm »

Another benefit of Let's Go is it has a co-operative mode basically made for parents to play with children. The second player is another person who can run around on screen and during battles and capturing controls a second Pokemon or can throw extra balls.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 07:26:13 am »

You are both right! Pete has been getting pokemons like crazy and we can play alongside with him to help him out without being disruptive and leave in a moment's whim, a very thoughtful mechanic. He's also having a blast having a Graveler roll around behind him and riding an Onix.