Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1269627 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10890 on: October 20, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »

I only wish you could place coins, but it would be a liquid substance you could swim in. Then you could make your own Scrooge McDuck money vault to dive in and swim around.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: October 20, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

Yeah, there's somebody who posted a picture of a pile of gold on top of part of their house. It's pretty much a 'meh, random cosmetics feature' as far as the general population goes. They don't really look that great.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: October 20, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »

BUT YOU CAN STORE THEM
OUTSIDE OF A CHEST
Black lives matter.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: October 20, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »

You can also use them as platforms.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: October 20, 2013, 03:13:56 pm »

Yeah, that's the most important thing to me as well. I actively try to store anything placeable, like furniture and decorative items, outside of chests, because having whole bookcases and beds tucked away into a chest is a little silly. I mean yeah, the same applies to the inventory too, but it's a necessary evil.

And seriously. Why wouldn't you want to decorate your base with stacks of golden bars?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: October 20, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

I'm assuming that statue-spawned creatures like rabbits and slimes won't drop biome-specific items like souls?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: October 20, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »

Souls, and coins, no. But pretty much everything else - they might.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10897 on: October 20, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

Souls, and coins, no. But pretty much everything else - they might.
No keys either anymore.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: October 20, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »

They definitely are. Spiky ball traps and arrow traps at the very least, probably most of the rest, too.

I'unno if it's a thing in SP, but in MP if you put spike traps high enough up, and trigger them from an (extensive) distance, the spike balls will only register to enemies. As far as players are concerned, they're not even there. Can do some work on large enemies or invasions, heh.

Also one of the more ridiculously overengineered (and deadly) ways of cutting grass over a wide area >_>
Spike balls are incredibly powerful. In theory, you could probably kill the destroyer in under 5 seconds if it spawned in a kill box with a dozen or so spike ball traps feeding into it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10899 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

Finally took some time to get into the game again. Some pretty zany things going on now, and I haven't even fought my first boss yet. Liking the increased variation of enemies and a few other aesthetic features. At least I now have a means of making my base look cooler as I progress; especially with a house rule that ingots shall not be placed in chests. Now I need to build myself a vault.

On the plus side, I get a sufficient surplus, I can now monogram my vault of goodies and valuable ores.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: October 20, 2013, 09:20:15 pm »

Someone stole some furniture and some forges from both servers...

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10901 on: October 20, 2013, 11:05:55 pm »

Golem,

Fuck that son of a rock.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

GenBOOM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: October 21, 2013, 03:02:02 am »

@Moghjubar

don't know if there is a new version out or what, but I just got into terraria a bit and found your tunnel script v0.82 and made some of my own adjustments

thought I might as well share if anyone else could use it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OMR1qVyZtzKBiIUUiTHfZoI5dLWOjITR11AyTVT8cHU/edit?usp=sharing

looking forward to a version that auto-detects your screen resolution, that would be a life saver...

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:27 am »

So when's the new update coming?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: October 21, 2013, 08:24:27 am »

Uh... You mean the one that's already out? Because it doesn't seem like another will be forthcoming any time soon.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 887