Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1269220 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11610 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:24 pm »

Holy crap, Amarok with yoyo-bag is the best thing ever. Or at least the funnest.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »

... in other news, I have discovered mimics in the hallow can teleport. And they do. Directly on top of you. Repeatedly. *#$%.
They also have insane hops. Like, 50 block hops. And if they kill your friends, they will go flying through all the walls between their corpses and you just to mess your day up.

Also, I thought expert mode was supposed to boost drop rates. I've been fighting this blood war against the Hardmode dungeon skeletons and all I have to show for it is a million Tabi and Black Belts, at least 3 Krakens, 3-4 Magnet Spheres, and zero Shadowbeam Staffs. Jeeeez.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: July 03, 2015, 10:12:55 pm »

the bone javelin does obscene numbers if you get to land all of them, but it seems you cant retrieve them unless they fail to hit the enemy or they kill the objective before vanishing. also, you can only craft 15 javelins per fossil.

the knife does half of the base damage of the javelin (i dont know if it has the same effect), but you can produce 25 knives per fossil so its more material effective. also, if they work like normal throwing knives then they are easy to retrieve then, i think.
I tried a bunch of throwing weapons against the EoC, and noticed that shurikens only hit three times now. Bone throwing knives, on the other hand, seemed to keep going after five hits (1 servant + 2 hits up + 2 hits down), but I don't think I ever retrieved one of them. I think I'm going to go with mainly javelins, keeping some knives for when big healthy enemies (bosses) have six stuck in them, or for swarms of weaker enemies.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: July 03, 2015, 10:33:47 pm »

So, just killed the Queen Bee. Now... time for the skeletron. I can reliably get it to the red. Just can't finish it off.
Anyone else found using your NPCS offensively effective? The Dryad buff is pretty good.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: July 03, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

I start diving into the dungeon, find and save the mechanic, keep going, and find... another mechanic.

Okay.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: July 03, 2015, 11:10:15 pm »

... in other news, I have discovered mimics in the hallow can teleport. And they do. Directly on top of you. Repeatedly. *#$%.
They also have insane hops. Like, 50 block hops. And if they kill your friends, they will go flying through all the walls between their corpses and you just to mess your day up.

Also, I thought expert mode was supposed to boost drop rates. I've been fighting this blood war against the Hardmode dungeon skeletons and all I have to show for it is a million Tabi and Black Belts, at least 3 Krakens, 3-4 Magnet Spheres, and zero Shadowbeam Staffs. Jeeeez.

Did you kill Plantera yet? Most of the special Dungeon drops don't show up until after that.

It also massively boosts money amounts dropped, and makes items more likely to have really good modifiers. I've gotten at least 6-7 chest/drop items with Godly/Mythical/Unreal/Legendary.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:23 pm »

Finally offed the twins in expert. Wasn't that bad with buffs going and a nice asphalt runway to charge up and down.

... there's also now a railway from the starting spawn point (where I built all the NPC housing) and the western ocean. Took... something like 1400 track, I think? Full stack, plus about 4-500. Super minecart maxes out 102 mph according to the speedometer. About to test and see if swiftness potions effect it :V

Also yeah, going through that many chunks that quickly makes my FPS plummet. It's kinda' hilarious. You can feel the game going, "SHiiiiit what are you doing stahp"

Fakeedit: Swiftness potion does not, in fact, effect the minecart. Sadness. Also it takes about 22 seconds by rail to get from far west end of the map to the middle of it ^_^

... less, to get from the middle to the west. Booster tracks <3

Actual edit: Oh hey, I didn't know you could get multiple flying dutchmen in a single pirate invasion! That's neat. Also the minecart laser thing kinda' shreds -- hella' damage on the thing, if you can keep it pointed in the right direction. Just blew up pretty much all of a pirate invasion by chucking possessed axes at pirates from my railway, occasionally burning one to bits with cartlaser, which managed to cut off something like a quarter to a half of a dutchman's health off in one pass. It was interesting!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:24:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: July 03, 2015, 11:35:34 pm »

went to see if i could farm some hoplites and medusas for their drops......ended mining all the way down to the underworld in order to get rid of a gigantic aquifer that spanned from the jungle to the caverns.

oh, also got the materials to craft the celestial cuffs (with arcane modifier) and the mana flower. i dont know if playing mage would help me anyways.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: July 04, 2015, 12:13:12 am »

went to see if i could farm some hoplites and medusas for their drops......ended mining all the way down to the underworld in order to get rid of a gigantic aquifer that spanned from the jungle to the caverns.

oh, also got the materials to craft the celestial cuffs (with arcane modifier) and the mana flower. i dont know if playing mage would help me anyways.

It does. A Spectre hood-based self-healing mage build is pretty much the only feasible way to solo the new content. Never mind damage, just slap Arcane on everything and go for sustain.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: July 04, 2015, 12:59:59 am »

TODO: Angle the edges, keep building, devour next granite cave for future cavern teleporter hub.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: July 04, 2015, 01:06:53 am »

Okay, so my fresh character has finally gotten to the point where I can mine desert fossils, and after a full set of armor I've got like 300 sturdy fossils. Which throwing weapon should I make, knives or javelins? I've made a few of each, but I'm not sure if I prefer the raw damage of the javelins or the knives' piercing (I still haven't found out its limit - 5 hits and it keeps going).

Wait, fossils are good for something? I was exploring an antlion nest and mined a bunch of it, then only after noticed it said only "can be placed" and not "material" or anything else so I just junked them. But that was a patch or two ago (still 1.3 but 1.3.0 rather than 1.3.3 that it's at now). How are they used?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:43 am »

Dump them in an extractinator and you'll get some Sturdy Fossils in addition to the usual stuff. Sturdy Fossils are then used for some super-neat pre-hardmode stuff.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: July 04, 2015, 01:11:18 am »

Run the fossils through the extractinator, and it gives stuff.  Including gems, ores, money, sturdy fossils (used for weaps and armor), and possibly a perfect amber for a dinosaur pet.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: July 04, 2015, 04:39:25 am »

I wish more advanced metals could be substituted for iron/lead, at least for furniture. It is a lot easier to end up with tons of leftover meteorite or demonite/crimonite than iron.

Would also be nice if the crafting selection automatically used material in nearby in-range chests, without having to open the chest first. Or to build items directly from the crafting window without that merely scrolling to the item in the crafting list (I'm actually surprised that isn't in since it seemed like an obvious thing to do when the crafting window was first added in 1.2 or whatever).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:41:45 am by Niveras »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: July 04, 2015, 07:59:07 am »

How about that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 887