Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1239310 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12465 on: September 19, 2017, 08:44:03 am »

The mechanic is only available a bit into the game though, if traps keep killing one at the start, she isn't going to be much help.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: September 19, 2017, 08:44:16 am »

Related to the above: be suspicious of enormous valuable ore veins, and carry a torch. ;)
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: September 19, 2017, 09:23:56 am »

Or you can keep a pressure plate in your hotbar and switch to it periodically. That will light up any wiring on screen.

It's not a constant effect like the Dangersense potion, but you don't have to worry about quaffing a bunch of valuable potions every few minutes.

that's a very clever solution, i usually just store them in a chest or move them out of the wire so the trap is useless. gonna use that strat, thanks.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:19 am »

ok this is the 12th try on hardcore expert. for some reason the game genned the center of the map inside a tundra.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i have the crimson right at the middle end of this place so cant go further east. the desert is a walk after the forest. couldnt get any cactus because of early start and there was a buzzard sitting around. so i decided to explore the underground tundra. props for this place is that it doesnt have boulder traps. and dart traps are easy to spot. found 2 cabins, one with the snowball cannon (i never expected to be using this thing, ever) and another with the ice mirror and the ice boomerang (this could help me at close quarters).

im gonna keep looking for more spider web because cant craft a bed yet but most of the crafting stations are avaliable already. i may change the house later. kinda feel like living in an igloo for some reason. and with the snowball cannon i can farm the night mobs easily, or at least the zombies (want that eskimo suit)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: September 19, 2017, 08:24:50 pm »

run number 13. finally i get things right (i think).

the only think i need to finish that roof is adding dynasty shingles. and a fence/wall for the balcony walls. finally moved on from cactus to tin. now the grind is to get lead armor. i spent most of the reserves crafting the workshops and the storages, without a spare ingots for the fishing pole so now im just fishing with wood. im gonna use the tin and the well fed buff to explore the underground jungle. see if i can get a good weapon to defend myself and move out of that cactus sword and spear. i also have 2 heart crystals sitting in the chest. havent used them yet because i dont want to call on the blood moons yet.

next thing on the list right now is to collect sand for the windows. there's too much wood.

EDIT:

done, well, i had to stop chomping on a huge wall of sand because of a sandstorm, but got enough to make the windows and save for the greenhouse. there's a slime rain going on and i've used a heart crystal i found in the tundra. so there's now a chance of a blood moon, and i have the nurse. also found a giant tree with room and living loom.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:28:24 pm by xaritscin »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: September 20, 2017, 04:42:38 am »

How far deep do heart crystals spawn? As low as Hell? I can't remember. And my usual location for picking up the last couple of hearts I need is usually the jungle cavern, but I haven't had too much luck there. Did run into the hive and temple pretty quick though, so I know where those are.

Also, the world has 3 different corruption zones, one right in the middle of the jungle. Gonna have to sterilize that one at least.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:46 am »

Anywhere underground or below, not in hell or dungeon. There's probably occasionally biome oddities that lead to 'em looking like they show up in one or the other, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:51 am »

How far deep do heart crystals spawn? As low as Hell? I can't remember. And my usual location for picking up the last couple of hearts I need is usually the jungle cavern, but I haven't had too much luck there. Did run into the hive and temple pretty quick though, so I know where those are.

Also, the world has 3 different corruption zones, one right in the middle of the jungle. Gonna have to sterilize that one at least.

its semi random. sometimes the terrain is low enough in the surface that they appear right a few blocks down (much like with Demon/Crimson Altars). however the usual is to find them laying around between the underground to cavern layer. and they can be found even at the magma layer.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: September 20, 2017, 12:09:18 pm »

Anywhere underground or below, not in hell or dungeon. There's probably occasionally biome oddities that lead to 'em looking like they show up in one or the other, though.

I'm certain that I've found hearts in the Dungeon.

Admittedly, this was in previous versions, so placement may have changed like chest placement did.

the snowball cannon (i never expected to be using this thing, ever)

Snowball Cannon is amazing in the early game.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: September 20, 2017, 12:33:10 pm »

yeah a noticed it, its just that i dont usually look on those biomes for that stuff usually, its mostly for the ice skates. however it was good on run 12. best weapon i have right now in run 13 is a demonic ice boomerang. ironically the spear is still a good weapon for most of the enemies i get.

here are some screens of stuff i've been building while waiting for that goddamned travelling merchant:

i got lucky with an undead viking and got the compass so i started setting up the hellevator., since it was bloqued on the surface by the house (and im gonna do a greenhouse there). i had to make the entrance in the basement.

i got a pond near the spawn point so i expanded it by draining another one that was inundating a giant tree after that one. its good enough for fishing and the bridge is long enough so i made a wharf on the house's side. gonna put the angler's hut there. the place also serves as an arena. gonna see if i can use it to fight the EoC and King Slime in that part since its flat. it may also help me during invasions.

the dryad's house isnt finished yet. i was planning on using the tree for blood moons but decided to make use of the living wood tools to start her house. i made the bathtub by mistake so i may have to add a bathroom later.

in terms of gameplay i have 260 hp right now, for some reason i havent got a blood moon yet. and the demolitionists appeared but it living on the other giant tree far away. i've found 2 cabins while making the hellevator which has already gotten past the tundra trapezoid. i havent got rid of the water which is a serious problem. i must be close to the magma layer anyways so i'll probably have to stop digging.

since i have less than 10 armor i havent gotten the EoC to spawn, which is a good thing. also found and deactivated an explosive trap for a lot of tungsten. have to check if it will be enough for armor.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: September 20, 2017, 07:58:49 pm »

only things missing in the Angler's hut are some crates and some fish in the "line" (was inspired by one of the 1.3.6 teasers with the arapaima banners hung above a campfire, need to kill 50 flying fishes for this decoration).

brought the demolitionist to that house. and explored the underground for more stuff. ended with enough tungsten for the armor and got enough fish and plants for the most critical potions (regen, endurance, etc) defeated the EoC with that. i havent gotten to max life yet sadly. but i killed a nymph while searching for life crystals so this should help me a lot on it, there's also spelunker potions sitting around in a chest, not sure.

first thing now in mind is to make the greenhouse have seeds for almost every plant (need deathweed seeds). also, need to make a world with crimson to prepare for the BoC fight and crimson armor.

EDIT:

aaaaaand died looking for hearts. was using a dangersense potion and all, thought some explosives were just close to a boulder trap and it turned out that it was a different kind of trap with explosives linked to a slab.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:26:22 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: September 21, 2017, 11:55:25 pm »

i was planning on giving up and doing a softcore play but decided to give another try:

it took me quite a time to find them but i got max health, i'll probably find more hearts later but i was focused on getting enough health to survive the current mobs. fortunately i found enough silver in the 2 tunnels i explored and this allowed me to jump over iron. got the hook and some accesories with warding.

i took that photo after a blood moon, got a warding shark tooth necklace and and armored shackle, only thing that didnt drop was the money trough, better luck next time i guess. been defending with a Sapphire Staff and the Ice blade.

no mistakes so far, havent found explosive traps this run, but a lot of boulder traps around, i aint giving chances with that shit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: September 22, 2017, 10:50:21 am »

Do we have some sort of, like, public bay12 terraria server? Back in the early eaaaarly days KaelGotDwarves hosted one, but not anymore I guess? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: September 22, 2017, 11:45:34 am »

I played on a bay12 server hosted by GG at some point, the issue with public servers is I think, progress between people changes rapidly. If you don't all play at the same time and together you rapidly distance from each other, and people are going to be ready for hard mode at different times then others, and then in hard mode various events will be unlocked before others are ready. It sorta actually sucks. Building stuff together is cool though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: September 22, 2017, 11:48:53 am »

I played on a bay12 server hosted by GG at some point, the issue with public servers is I think, progress between people changes rapidly. If you don't all play at the same time and together you rapidly distance from each other, and people are going to be ready for hard mode at different times then others, and then in hard mode various events will be unlocked before others are ready. It sorta actually sucks. Building stuff together is cool though.
I got yelled at by everyone the one time I tried to build stuff with them.  It wasn't even anything fancy, just the starting NPC blocks. 
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 887