Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254575 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12495 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:21 am »

dont know how the hell did i die to a bunch of lowly mobs in the underground jungle but ok, was just cleaning the area after taking down the beehive and filling the space with mud when suddenly i jump down to a bunch of skeletons and find myself with 50 health, the food buff disapeared and as soon as that happened im suddenly shredded? that's bullshit. back to square one with this fucking game.

as for the topic on the eyes. the EoC can be killed as early as silver/tungsten armor, i always wait to get at least 250 health, one can never be carefull. but with a properly set combo of heart lantern + campfire, well fed buff and the most critical potions like ironskin, regeneration and endurance you can just kill that thing perfectly still. now, if you're the kind that goes for robes, well, that's a completely different story and you'll have to rely on the nurse to not get shredded.

the twins are completely different thing. i usually leave them last because of the cursed flames. its easier to deal with Skeletron Prime or the Destroyer with proper preparation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: September 24, 2017, 08:36:31 am »

Moon Lord honestly feels like mostly a dps check.

Duke Fishron is the hardest boss by far IMO, especially on expert. He doesn't take prisoners.
I found fishron to not be that bad, even on expert. Which is a bit unusual 'cause my rig is kinda' shit and beating the late game bosses without cheating is not terribly viable -- chug and whatnot makes it basically friggin' impossible to dodge, and without cheese I think's been fixed, you can't really facetank 'em. Took a couple tries, but actually managed the duke without freezing my HP.

The trick was a few screens worth of asphalt, iirc. It's been a while so I don't remember details, but that much I remember.

E: Though as for the EoC, if you're on the ball all you really need to make it fairly painless is a stack or two of shuriken, and maybe a bit of platform to make some of the vertical dodging a bit more reasonable. Was a while I was finding it fairly trivial to take the thing out without armor at all. Only thing easier is the destroyer once you have a high enough damage piercing weapon, heh.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:40:42 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: September 24, 2017, 08:41:34 am »

That's been tweaked; if you leave the ocean biome while fighting him, he'll just go away and the fight will end.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:56 am »

Eh? No, no, asphalt over the ocean. Just pave over about half the water's surface or something like that. Something about the way it has you accelerate made it much easier to avoid the duke's attacks.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: September 24, 2017, 09:44:12 am »

you dont need so much speed, a simple platform bridge from the coast to the end of the map is enough. the only moment that guy becomes dangerous is when it enrages and starts doing the invisible lunge. outside of that the encounter is mostly a dodging fest.

now, The Moon Lord on the other hand. the only way i've beaten it is by kiting him and teleporting back to the nurse periodically. well, at least that's what i've done with Ranger and Summoner. havent gotten too far with Melee and Mage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: September 24, 2017, 10:03:24 am »

Pretty sure my best legit attempt at the moon lord involved a zig-zagging railway across about half the map. Didn't manage it 'cause ~lag~ but it went better than other attempts :V
Ask not!
Ask!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: September 24, 2017, 10:27:42 am »

Black lives matter.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: September 24, 2017, 11:28:23 am »

Y'know, my first thought was that it was going to be that fully-AFK cultist/towers/moon lord farm, but I was pleasantly surprised by Mappy instead. So now I've seen that one, heh.

My first time killing the moon lord was just by zooming back and forth on my map-lengh skyrail, and basically just eating his laser. Not exactly the best of strategies, but somehow I managed to do it.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: September 24, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »

Amateurs.

Wha' just happen?

Whew.  Pixel-perfect design on that.

Every time I've beaten Moon Lord (normal mode) it's been by turtling up in a bunker and using a melee weapon that can attack through thick walls.  Such as the Solar Flare.

By doing this, I can remove my boots, wings, and ankh shield, so that I can load up on more melee accessories.

I do need a round or two of Nurse healing unless I'm in full solar armor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: September 24, 2017, 12:44:44 pm »

The only time I beat the Moon Lord, I used a memory editor to freeze my HP. I am a terrible person.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: September 25, 2017, 12:55:13 am »

Do vitamins still drop from Corruptors, as the wiki suggests? I've killed just over 300 (edit: 350) of them and even at  a 1% drop rate that's still amazingly bad luck (there's a 95.1% chance of getting at least one vitamin drop from killing 300 Corruptors).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:09:47 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: September 25, 2017, 04:13:12 am »

I have no idea if it's a coincidence, but I had a hell of a time getting vitamins myself. Can't say for corruptors since I'm on a crimson world, but even in expert mode (which has double the drop rate) I had to kill 200 floaty grosses to get them...

It could just be that, well... You're getting unlucky? With all the various items to get it's not that strange one that falls so far outside the probability curve. It's certainly frustrating though.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: September 25, 2017, 10:22:22 am »

yes, corruptors still drop the vitamins, its just bad RNG.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: September 25, 2017, 02:25:52 pm »

yes, corruptors still drop the vitamins, its just bad RNG.

Heh, I finally got it (after killing 447 corruptors :o). Apparently I'm one of the (un)lucky 1.12%.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: September 25, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »

My gut feeling is that the wiki is wrong.  I suspect the droprate is 0.5% in normal mode.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 887