Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1238177 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12975 on: December 21, 2017, 11:21:23 am »

done, the Storage Room is almost full, im saving one last 2x2 space in case i have to install something else but there's already 9 storage units, the heart and a crafting interface unit. the only issue with this mod is that the crafting unit doesnt scale the UI to my current windows size so i have to maximize to be able to select the craftables.

everything i've hoarded is now stored there (except for money). gonna keep waiting for those goblin scouts. the issue im coming up is that invasions require reaching the center of the map, and there's the whole town there so this wont end well i think. unless i can wait for them then move far from the base to evade harming the npcs.

the extractinator is out too because im not sure if it can work with that crafting system (it shouldnt actually). placed bottle doesnt seem to be compatible either, maybe the Alchemy Station. anyways, can confirm that Antiaris items are compatible with the Magic Storage system for all purposes.

EDIT:

Goblin Army + Blood Moon is a bitch but doable. got some of the neat stuff this time like the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Chaos Ball yoyo. now that both events have been done i can get the Confused Zombie to buy the materials needed for the BoC/EoW. already got the Goblin Tinkerer in the town, was able to reforge some of the weapons to squish a little bit more of damage and ward my accesories.

also turns out the quest that gives the Emerald Net was the one about killing slimes (facepalm). im already checking the material requirements for the armor and tools while a Slime Rain is happening (just what i needed).

among the accesories i have Counter Scarf, Thorium Shield, Spectre Boots, Jumper Boots (new set of boots from Antiaris, its basically Frog Leg + Lucky Horseshoe + Leather Boots, gives infinite jump, higher jump distance, inmunity to fall damage and can jump on enemies to deal damage, Super Mario style) and Band of Regeneration.

once i finish with the slime things im gonna adapt some of the empty rooms to house the required NPCs. the Enchanter hasnt appeared and i need the zombie. i also have to replace some parts of the artificial Corruption with Dirt because i dont have enough infected blocks.

EDIT2:

ok here's the thing. the Emerald Gel set gives 13 defense in total (similar to Steel), headpiece gives +8% damage if moving, breastplate gives swimming capabilities and the leggins give extra jumping distance and movement speed. the set bonus is that you get +10 defense if there are slimes nearby.

pretty generalistic set.

as for the tools. Emerald Gel pickaxe and hammer have 60% power, the axe has 65% (better than Steel but still below Demonite/Crimtane).

there's a broadsword and a yoyo but they had low damage so i crafted the Emerald Gel bow which has 17 base damage, insane speed and has a gimmick, it has a 2x1 arrow burst (consumes one for shooting 2 at the same time).

there's also a mount. but it requires a golden key from the dungeon so i cant test it (yet).

i've already replaced some of the stone in the corruption to help it expand further. the summoning item is ready and the Confused Zombie has arrived to the town. the only thing left is to wait for the biome to spread big enough so i can summon the boss without the risk of despawning it.

in the meantime, im gonna hunt for a Nymph. need the metal detector and the altar sold by the Tracker once the contract is finished.

oh and i got to upgrade some of the storage units with Demonite bars. just need to upgrade 3 more and it should last until the end of pre-hardmode (i think).

EDIT3:

got enough materials to make Clatterbone Armor. having 3 more defense should offset the 10% set bonus of Steel Armor, also, this one gives extra melee stats and a set bonus that should allow me to cheat on death at least once.

armor count right now is 41, should be enough against the EoW/Boc (i think). the corruption hasnt advanced much and Nymphs have eluded me, even with hunter potion buff. best oportunity is to go up and down on the hellevator around the underground Tundra.

outside of that, i've got more dank loot from the Adventurer, just got 10 meteorite bars from one of the loot bags (along with other stufff like gems, potions, heart crystals, etc).

EDIT4:

tried fighting the EoW but it despawned because the biome shifts too much. gonna have to wait a bit more. went for the BoC instead and the fight was a walk by the park. Crimson Armor crafted and Deathbringer Pickaxe added.

the Tavernkeeper appeared basically next to the town. gonna have to start building more housing in the meantime, also, no nymphs yet. i dont mind going to the antlion nest to craft boss summoning items at least once but yeah, i dont like the prospect of having to go out each time i need to make one of those.

among the brain's loot there was a yoyo called "The Creeper", bigger damage than the Chaos Ball. i also got the last piece of the amulet for the other Antiaris NPC quest, gotta craft it and retrieve it ASAP.

EDIT5:

the amulet crafted for that quest gives "inmortality" to the wearer (didnt test it). retrieveing the item to the npc is rewarded with 6 pieces of "Royal Metal" or something like that. which you can use in an anvil to craft one of several "Royal" weapons. i made the Sword of course, but there's one for each class, including thrower. all of them have the chance to deal Midas onto the target.

im gonna check what other stuff i've missed from the mod. have to wait until the corruption is ripe for summoning the EoW.   

EDIT6:

ok this is just ridiculous. you can buy the Worm Scarf from the Dryad if you have killed the BoC. guess people is just too lazy to kill the worm in another world or plant their own artificial biome.

anyways i ain't going that easy. farmed some more demonite for finishing the last storage upgrades and the Demonite Charm which is one of the components for the Twillight Talisman. its the aforementioned Yoyo Accesory. i dont think i've seen it in the other mods so its unique to Antiaris.

there's a Crimson variant of that one but both have the same stats: +7% melee speed, +6% melee damage, +5% melee crit and +6% damage reduction.

dont know how is that related to yoyos honestly but that 6% damage reduction may come handy later on. specially paired with other damage reduction accesories.

im gonna plant the remaining corrupt seeds i got to see if i can speed up the process.

EDIT7:

heck yeah. finally got two Nymphs. and i dug some of the hellevator around the magma layer. got enough obsidian to craft some needed stuff. also found enough butterflies to make the Butterfly Staff II. looted the last Antiaris sites, the Desert Island had a pair of boots that makes you inmune to sandstorm effects along with higher jump and increased defense while over sand.

the pirate captain ship had an amulet that works as Spelunker potion while equipped. there was a sunken submarine with an air compressor and a chest with a scuba gear that can be converted later on into a "depth diver  gear" or something like that. guess its this mod version of swimming equipment.

anyways, i planted a few more spots with corruption to accelerate the conversion process of the biome. did some more Adventurer quests, and crafted some weapons that have the material tag which means they have a hardmode upgrade or are part of a grandier recipe for a cool weapon.

im going to focus on making more houses for now. there's a lot of NPCs missing.

EDIT8:

welp. there seems to be a bug regarding the EoW. if you use the Fungal Clump to sustan it during the fight, it wont drop the bag nor it will be counted as dead even if you destroy all the parts (not really sure if its the accesory that doesnt count it for the kill).

anyways i aint going to keep messing around with that worm. bought the scarf from the Dryad and will keep going with the rest of the stuff.

farmed the Desert Scourge for the ultimate fishing accesory but im missing the angler vest. the master bait is easy to get. so i guess its doing angler quests later on.

next boss to tackle should be Vinewrath Bane from Spirit mod, but i need to farm the materials first.

the house for the Cook and the Tavernkeeper has been finished. got some spare space to add the Enchanter and the Angler.

EDIT9:

been camping the Reach for the materials required. the Vinewrath Bane boss got me the first one because i forgot all those goddamned traps and homing projectiles during the second phase. killed it 3 or 4 times then i remembered the artifact material is dropped by mobs in the biome, not the boss (dafuq with that).

anyways, im gonna go farm Scarabeus to complete the materials of the Shard of Thanos.

EDIT10:

artifact weapon crafted. it should be a proper replacement for a range weapon taking in account it works similarly to the Death Wind artifact i crafted in past runs. the damage is a bit low compared to the swords im using but i guess its a proper trade off. i added the revamped plague enchan to it and it has legendary modifier.

the Royal Sword is good against enemies that dont deal too much damage because you can stay still while drain tanking. however, mobs that shoot out traps and projectiles make it a chore so i changed again to the Life Leech with a sanguine enchant. it should bee a proper tanking weapon.

im gonna explore the jungle to start checking for beehives and spaces that could be usefull when fighting Plantera. also have to keep an eye for granite caves which strangely, havent appeared so far during the run. it seems there's a good tanky armor from Spirit that you can get out of granite chunks.

crimson was good but the regen only helps in a few cases. and i have lifesteal out of the weapons so no big deal. extended invincibility frames from that set is much more usefull.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:15:48 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: December 22, 2017, 12:01:58 pm »

took a bit of time to find the way in the jungle. but worldgen was generous this time, there was a huge granite biome going vertical in the main tunnel connection and it was adjacent to a Beehive (fuck yeah).

i dont have to search further there for now. got enough glowing granite chunks to make that granite set, and enough floran ore chunk to craft an advanced weapon later on (need some other end of pre-hardmode materials).

the corruption has expanded a lot and its now stable enough for boss battling. the downside is that i ran out of vile shrooms so i had to gen a new world. found a lot of them and got a pyramid with the sandstorm in a bottle. there's a pyramid in the main world too but havent dug the entrance yet. i also broke a shadow orb there to see if i can get a meteorite for farming the materials of the Star Scouter boss item.

gonna wait to check on the meteorite, if not then i'll go prep the summoning items and the potions.the idea is to not use the Fungal Clump to test if that was the thing causing the issue with the boss kill.

EDIT2:

yeah it was the fungal clump. seems Calamity doesnt count the killing blow if the accesory summon takes out the last segment. anyways, the granite set with the potions was overkill actually. i just sat still with the mount (no knockback while riding) and just draintanked the EoW until it died. it dropped another throwing weapon along with materials for crafting. the best loot was actually a Warding worm scarf that i can save for future use once i use the other to make the Bloody Worm Scarf.

im going to harvest a few more palm trees because i need to do the Angler's house and save space for the Diver. Queen Jellyfish is the next boss in the list before Queen Bee.

EDIT3:

did a house for the Dye Trader and Painter (and Desert Acolyte). so the 2 sky cabins are now free for extra NPCs. first floor of the Angler's house is done to house him. need to get enough palm wood to make the second floor and craft more sandstone bricks for the basement.

did some more quests but still no angler vest. im gonna check the material requirements for the Queen Jellyfish summon item once i've updated to the last version of Antiaris.

EDIT4:

Queen Jellyfish down on first attempt. this granite set is quite powerfull. also, bridged the whole eastern ocean for future boss battle use. i have to check if the terrain is proper for The Tide however. anyways, the Diverman has arrived and now i can focus on preparing the space for the Queen Bee battle.

the artifact weapon has served well to deal with flying bosses so far. so the bee shouldnt be harder actually. the only downside would be poison, so it will probably best if i get the Bezoar for this fight. Danger Armor is good but it may make tanking much harder compared to granite.

as for loot, there was a flail but im not used to those weapons, too slow and the damage isnt actually that good. im gonna see if i can craft the Amazon as replacement for The Creeper.

EDIT5:

house finished, there's 3 more NPC slots in total. was going to make the anklet of the wind but turns out i didnt have enough spores left so i returned to the jungle. Queen Bee went down fairly quickly but it gave resistance. have to check with the Witch Doctor to see if i can buy the imbuing station.

in terms of melee, i've found a sharpening station laying around in one of the jungle cabins. now that i have the expert mode accesory from the Queen Jellyfish i can explore the Aquatic Depths to get my hands on a pearl too. but i dont really have a melee focused armor yet. Molten should be the current focus but the underworld is still too tough (i think).

im also close to finishing the yoyo accesory. just need the hellstone charm.

in terms of swords im already close to the Earth Blade from Spirit mod. just need to get some fossil feathers. i can also craft the Burnt Sienna from Calamity which is part of the craft list of the Exoblade.

anyways. theres 4 bosses in total before Skeletron. The Hive Mind, The Perforators, The Ancient Flier and the Antlion Queen. a newcomer from Antiaris (always glad to see more bugs in the game).

EDIT5:

farmed some more antlion mandibles to make the boss item. there was blood moon too. no money through sadly. the Antlion Queen is a well executed boss, good sprite, good theme, the AI is familiar but it has its own gimmicks too. seems the boss has an issue with solid blocks and i didnt feel the damage (im using some defensive items but she literally seems to have low damage).

it drop a sword as expert mode item. most of the bonus effects of it are around a sand tornado that not only deals damage but can throw enemies into the air. it can also throw players while healing health and mana (dont know how that works exactly but oh well).

from the common drops there was a magic weapon that shoots needles (something akin to the razorpine i guess). it also dropped a consumable that allows the player to summon sandstorms. and a carapace material that is used mostly to craft a summoner armor.

the stats are +18% minion damage (total), 16 defense, +1 minion and inmunity to sandstorm wind. i guess there's also a set bonus but im playing melee so im going for the Antlion Boomerang craftable.

EDIT6:

ok can confirm. the sand tornado throws you in the wair if standing on it. its summoned at the cursor position and it heals your health and mana after it despawns (would need more testing.

anyways the Antlion Queen Mandible is a cool weapon but my Royal Sword is still more potent. the Mandible Boomerang on the other hand is the replacement i needed for the artifact.

im going to see if i need to farm more jungle spores for the anklet then try and get the molten armor.

EDIT7:

farmed the minimum amount to make the anklet and then had to craft the ice skates but yeah, frostpark boots ready to roll out. spent the whole stock of obsidian skin potions to mine hellstone, got like 600+ units of ore and a few more other materials. also got a Fireball yoyo from an imp. good upgrade over the Amazon.

from that amount i spent like 400-500 ore and reduced a lot my stock of obsidian crafting the Molten Armor, Molten Pickaxe and Hamaxe, and the 9 hellstone upgrades for the storage system.

oh and the hellstone charm. already put the Twillight Talisman as replacement for the Thorium Shield (its a 3 defense difference and 15 health vs 6% damage reduction and melee stats). in any case i also have the granite set on vanity to change in case i need the ubertanking potential.

im gonna check if these are good enough to take onto the Hive Mind and the Perforators.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:51:46 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: December 22, 2017, 09:21:16 pm »

Storage wise, if you have 9 storage boxes, so long as you keep up on the upgrades that should be plenty unless you're going hella' crazy on hoarding junk. That said, so far as expansion goes you'll probably want another crafting box eventually. Some point between the start of hard mode and shoving together one of the super crafting stations, you tend to end up filling all the available station slots and still have ones you want to be considered. Swapping out isn't exactly a problem, per se, but it is kinda' annoying. Second crafting interface mostly solves that pretty easily.

So far as extractionator goes, it does indeed not work for magic storage crafting, so far as I've noticed. Could have swore bottles did, but regardless alchemy tables definitely do. They're even nice enough to keep the chance to save materials.

... other than that, your continued adventures kinda' has me wanting to try antiaris out, heh. Sorta' can't, though, unless an update's changed something. Trying to check the info inside the browser straight up crashes terraria for me last I checked... could try installing manually, but eh. There was something about tremor that kept crashing my game, too. Pretty sure something graphics side, which I... can't do much about. Some of terraria's shaders or something hates vista, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: December 22, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »

welll everything that cannot be upgraded crafting wise will be kept. no need to have all the crafting stations there. i only conserve materials and the expert mode rewards from bosses. mosto f the stuff is sold. everything that is crafted is because it probably has a material tag and i can make use of it later on.

Antiaris has been a cool mod so far. even with the small amount of content it has, you can find something usefull at all points of the game.

ok the Hive Mind and the Perforators have been slain without the use of buffs. i had to swap to Granite and some of my tanking accesories but it was doable. the hive was actually challenging because of its BoC style of fighting so i had to make sure not to get hit too much and move.

so the next boss coming is the Ancient Flier. already have replaced some of the equipment. mostly the Fireball yoyo that as good as it was, it doesnt ahve the damage potential of an Aorta yoyo.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: December 22, 2017, 09:37:22 pm »

Oh yeah. Do seem to remember the hive/perfor summoning items to be really good, even if you just have one flapping about. Their base damage isn't amazing but they sit right on top of their target and hit bunches, so the damage is still solid and they're pretty great at disruption.

... also, not relevant to a melee run, but if you're running spirit mod, there's a... musket upgrade, I want to say? Or demonite built thing, something like that. Called shadowshot, that is disturbingly good damage even if the attack speed is relatively slow. Is gun, though, so eh.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: December 22, 2017, 11:28:28 pm »

im doing fine actually. once i've got the Mandible Boomerang i didnt need a ranged weapon anymore. the only gun im carrying now is the marked magnum because of the debuff.

the granite armor and the current items were more than enough tofight the Ancient Flier without buffs. killed it 2 times incase i need the feathers. honestly, Spirit should have a way to buy the summoning item because grinding the materials is a chore most of the time.

anyways. i used buffs with Skeletron instead, it seems weaker than i remember. the arms went down rather quickly for some reason. points may be because i gotn Old Lord Oathblade which not only has big damage for the place where you get it but its also a non-projectile sword so the scarf gives it the+20% treatment. it tops like 56 damage with Legendary and using molten armor.

Skeletron died and left the Book of Skulls which is needed for a sword later on. a yoyo which is 1 point below in damage to the Aorta and has less knockback and some other stuff. only explored the dungeon a bit but got most of what i needed, a Minotaur kill to finish the contract, some dark knights to get some of the materials for the dark knigh armor and also the water bolt just for making a quackling staff that i wanted to test (the dino staff im using is better tho). also found the alchemy station.

the Earthblade was crafted at last but it doesnt have the same damage potential as the Oathblade because itsa projectile sword. so im gonna leave itfor when i can use it to craft the next sword in taht recipe.

im gonna do some more dungeon exploring because need that cobalt shield, muramasa and valor.

EDIT:

done. took a bit longer because i needed dungeon slime spawns but i found them. obsidian shield warded and equipped for underworld exploration because i need a Cascade. also got an undead totem which is a material for a melee accesory. problem is getting the rest of the materials.

the clothier and the mechanic have been obtained, the only NPC missing i think is the Spiritist. as for bosses, the next to tackle should be the Granite Energy Storm and the Buried Champion. gotta check the uses for the other Granite Armor and the Bronze Armor.

EDIT2:

tried to test a zerg potion in order to see if i could get a Wheezer spawn in the underground (to see if i could get the scale for the melee accesort). everything else spawned. cant say it was a mistake, got some materials i wanted so this saved me some hours of grind despite not spawning the mob i needed. guess the Wheezer will elude me for a while.

i still have a battle potion saved. im gonna use that one in the sky because i need more harpy related materials for crafting a sword. im also pendant to get the Cascade so i guess im gonna go and use a battle potion there too.

im done for today.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:20:56 am by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:39 am »

Ehehe. Definitely the buried champion first. Gotta' get dem wings, and I seem to recall the bronze set being a nice bit of melee/speed boosts. Think it's actually the easier of the two, too...

... in other statements, folks at home might be interested in checking out the teleporters unchained (iirc; the title is either that or wireless teleporters) mod. It's a little thing that lets you burn some ectoplasm to upgrade teleporters into using gem combinations to determine what they're linked to instead of wires. It's a nice quality of life addition, particularly on medium+ maps.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: December 23, 2017, 11:04:38 am »

i think im gonna stick to Spirit Granite for now. Thorium Granite has a big defense boost but it makes you slow as heck and that may be problematic when fighting the WoF (i'll probably be using Statigel/Starplate by then).

Bronze Armor sounds good but its not a tanking armor. its more of a damage one.

anyways, i spent the battle potion in the sky, but a blood moon took me by surprise so, hilarity ensued. got a big stock of talons, feathers, carthilague, some summon items for the Ancient Flier and other stuff.

had i know before i would have saved the potion for the underworld instead. but anyways. i crafted 2 more potions. think im gonna save one for the jungle to see if i can get the Corpse Bloom to spawn quickly. if not, at least it should help me to get Wheezers.

i also have the contract for the Hag pending.

EDIT:

150 lava bats later, still no yoyo. 2 demon scythes, 2 obsidian roses, materials, even the crested oath blade to complete the pair with the one im using right now. but the Cascade is still eluding me. guess i'll have to do the wire and statue thing.

EDIT2:

yeah had to craft a multicolored wrench and find an easy to kill mob statue. started spawning bats in an obsidian tower until the damne yoyo dropped. the Nocturnal was crafted and it came with Godly so it just needed to get the enchant.

as for the rest of the wriring stuff, i took the tiem to buy the rest of the stuff needed to make The Grand Design. it may come handy later on.

i'll have to check my fossil feather stock, need to see if i have enough of the things to make the summon items for The Tide event and for the Starplate Raider boss. probably will have to kill the Ancient Flier again.

then i'll go and gather the granite for the GES fight. the Buried Champion can wait.

EDIT3:

went to finish some pending stuff. finally crafted the mount made with emerald gem. its not what i was expecting but yeah. also went to the Aquatic Depths to look for pearls. there was a chest but had the wineglass. i was hoping to get the Sea Turtle's Mystical Bulkwark. i'll have to explore further.

the most important is that i can now craft The Ring.

EDIT4:

there was a lot of stuff to be crafted actually. i didnt remember the tally counter sitting in the storage so i promptly crafted the Cellphone. crafting the components for The Ring took a bit of time (miscalculated the amount of star powder and one ring was missing). i also crafted an Antiaris item called "Rune of Tranquility" its a +3 defense accesory that gives +15% damage reduction after receiving damage from an enemy. dont know where that could be usefull but it gives 7 defense in total so its a plus.

actually. its getting hard to choose which defense items. so im swapping accesories depending on the situation instead of having the same 5. Obsidian Shield is subpar for most situations, specially because i need the Lava Waders. the wings from the Ancient Flier are a replacement for the Jumping Boots which as cool as they were cannot compete against a good set of wings + frostpark boots.

im still keeping the Spiked Stompers because of the thorn-like effect and it gives +10% movement speed on top. Twillight Talisman and Counter Scarf are a must so never tend to swap them, and the Worm Scarf is all around usefull for everything.

anyways. im gonna keep doing anglerquests for that vest. im close to making the ultimate fishing station. then i'll go farm more goblin scouts. it seems the goblin statue makes them spawn more often, or the rumors say that, gonna test it with battle potion on top.

EDIT5:

ok so testing this in the small corrupted world that im using for meteors. Goblin Statue + 2 battle potions at the side quarter of the world. 15 goblin scouts spawned for a total of 22 tattered cloth. the downside is that i cant confirm if the statue works or if it was solely by the buff. but i got the amount to summon the event 2 times which is more than enough for all purposes.

im gonna wait on this world to check on the Meteorite. it didnt fell the night i broke the shadow orb so in theory, it should fall on this second night.

EDIT6:

goblins farmed, got enough material to make 2 Starplate Beacons. that should be more than enough but i still have to test the boss first. went to the jungle to get the granite materials, the blood moon arose so i got a good amount of it. the Corpse Bloom miniboss spawned near the beehive so i got to kill it quickly and get the support item.

after that i went to do another angler quest. got the vest so i now have the Supreme Tackle Bag, used a lot of money to put Warding on it, one can never be sure.

with that i can finally focus in the Adventurer quests. im gonna do this last one then go and fight the Granite Energy Storm, then maybe go for the Buried Champion after it (cant be too hard with current equipment).

EDIT7:

the cheese is real! changing to the defensive specs makes me tank more than half of the damage from bosses. Granite Energy Storm, Buried Champion and Starplate Raider went down barely denting my health.

im gonna craft the Starplate armor then check if its a proper upgrade from granite for the last 2 bosses and the Tide event. Slime God will probably kick my ass hard but one can hope it wont. the only sad part is that most of the drops arent good for me, the Oathblade and the Nocturnal seem to be the top damage weapons for now.

EDIT8:

well, the set works. Starplate armor has much better stats than Spirit Granite. the mayor difference is that it trades out the extra invencibility frames for the explosive particles while moving. but with higher defenses and 18% damage reduction that shouldnt be much of an issue during boss fights. specially taking in account the rest of my damage reduction accesories.

the Tide event was long because some mobs are tanky (mostly the clampers) and because the beach usually has an uneven terrain which makes some enemies to get stuck. outside of that i didnt got any usefull stuff save for the artifact material.

i promptly crafted the second iteration of the Shard of Thanos, reforged it for Legendary and added the lifesteal enchant to it. its the weapon with the biggest damage right now and a replacement for the Mantible Boomerang which was getting outdated quickly.

there was also a mindflayer staff but it doesnt shine in damage compared to the dinos. i'll change again to them after i finish with the meteor thing in this other world. most logical would be to make some sort of artificial meteorite biome in case the mob that i need doesnt spawn. but since i cant remember how does the meteor change with Thorium well, im gonna wait.

EDIT9:

it took a lot of time to wait for the meteor. first 2 orbs didnt turn anything. only the third was usefull and i had to deal with the EoW of that world. anyways. the meteorite spawned right inside the reach. i mined as much as i could then returned.

made an artificial meteorite biome high in space for safety and ease of access purposes. the Star Scouter was summoned once, i forgot to put Starplate armor but it died anyways. it dropped a magic weapon along with the assorted loot and the summon.

im gonna prep for the Slime God now.

EDIT10:

Slime God almost gets me because i made the mistake of using the shard on its projectile attack. turns out using the secondary attack melts those slimes like they're butter. i had to use the mount to keep myself from getting stunlocked but it died the 3 times i summoned it with a single potion stock.

from the loots i got the Crimulian and Ebonian staves, along with the Eldritch tome and assorted loot. i dont see the use for the purified gel except for making the Radiant Ooze tho. my other weaponry is much better and the Starplate armor wins over Statigel.

anyways. im going to prep for the long trek into the edge of the map for fighting WoF. its the last boss remaining. hopefully all the stuff i've built until now will be more than enough to kill it without issues.

EDIT11:

despite making the mistake of not swapping to Starplate i was able to kill the WoF (it had me on my toes tho). so the world is in hardmode now, had to make the house for the Druid and the Witch Doctor in order to make space for a guide to respawn.

im currently trying to fish the necessary amount of hardmode metals to prepare for further fights. the WoF didnt drop the warrior emblem so im going to have to farm it a bit more. also, may need to get my hands on the Breaker.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:49:08 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: December 24, 2017, 10:31:53 am »

after 3 ingame days fishing i was able to get enough titanium to upgrade the forge. also mythril for the anvil. i got so much bars from fishing that i was able to craft the complete titanium armor set with spare metal to do the broadsword and the pickaxe.

prepared some more items for the WoF fight but turns even after killing it 2 more times it didnt drop the warrior emblem (got the Breaker tho). i think there's one last doll remaining in inventory so im going to check the fight again. but first i want to reconsider my equipment.

EDIT:

lost count in how many times i farmed the WoF. final strat was to kill it at the center by stacking damage reduction and use the artifact weapon as DPS. finally got the warrior emblem and saved some of the others in case i need to make several avenger emblems.

now im building a new house out of crimtane brick and demon furniture to house the Weapon Master with extra rooms to house the Wizard and the Tax Collector. problem is finding the furniture. but i dont have further business with the underworld until Coznix

EDIT2:

ok, crimtane house done, also made a skyblock house for the more magic related npcs. in total there's like 2 more NPC spaces. anyways, i gotta go look for the Wizard. now that i'm done with pre-mechanical bosses resources i can start focusing on farming souls and cores. a small travel to the underground crimson turned with some of that, the Ice Clasper summon weapon and a Godly Amarok (and the Frostbrand but i dont use projectile swords because less damage).

gonna use a hunter potion to keep eye on the NPC and mimics, need to farm a lot of mimics (allthought, i could always buy the enchanted keys from the Tracker to summon my own mimics, its costly tho).

after i finish with that im gonna try against the Borean Strider. Titanium armor with damage reduction equipment should be more than enough to kill it without potions, then also go farm the ice golems for making Frost Armor (have to check the specs tho, Titanium is just too good so far).

EDIT3:

Wizard obtained. and i found enough Cryonic ore to make Daedalus armor  (im still keeping Titanium just in case). got some essences to summon the Cryogen boss but first, i summoned rain to wait for the Borean Strider. the fight was even, mostly because the boss was permafreezing me, almost died there.

it didnt drop anything melee so for now i keep the same weaponry. the Shard of Thanos as been able to keep up, not because of damage but because the secondary attack deals more damage per second than the Titanium Sword i use as main weapon. so i can keep sustaining out of the enemy. it is specially effective for taking down Wyverns and other worm type bosses in that regard.

as part of adding more damage reduction to the formula i returned to the meteorite biome to check if i could get some Astro Beetles (they drop a shield that gives 10% damage reduction and +20 health). sadly, being in space in hardmode means to get swarmed by several kinds of mobs. on the good side, i got plenty of Wyverns to stock in Souls of Flight, and got 2 Cloud Elementals, each one dropping the Waifu item and a sword.

on the downside i had to mine the meteor and move it to the surface instead, it only took a fiew minutes to get the Astro Beetle Husk i wanted. gonna use it situationally during battles. now i have to go back and farm souls because the next 3 bosses all require souls of light/night (or both) to get their respective item.

EDIT4:

had to dig my way to get into the cavern layer of the hallow. got a lot of junk but there was enough space to get what was most importante. got at least 29 souls of light, i hope thats more than enough (i doubt it but there's not much to do right now).

got a Hallowed Mimic to spawn and i was able to kill it, it gave that crystal dagger. also filled the contract for animated weapons. in the crimson i got a lot of ichor and souls of night, and had to camp the mushroom biome for Anomura Fungus/Mushie Ladybugs, one of those drops a Fungal Carapace for a later accesory.

the Skeleton Merchant appeared too, so i was able to get the final component for the Yoyo Bag (not sure when i could use that but it may come handy someday). im gonna see if i can beat Coznix and later Infernon. Cryogen will be left last because of Revengeance difficulty. also, i dont have heat potions, so im going to try and get that figured first, my stock of Frost Minnow is practically null.

EDIT5:

Coznix went down even without potions. summoned and beated it 4 times for the Vanadium and Lodestone generation, among the loot i got the shield i used in my summoner run, the one that revives you to 100 health when dying every 2 minutes. also got the void gazer chariot mount.

anyways im bringing some of the potions i used again to the underworld for the Infernon battle, 4 times too. hopefully that will be more than enough. then after that im going to do Cryogen, but after getting some frost minnows first, not sure how many times im gonna have to farm it for the Cryo Stone.

also seems you can farm souls easily in the underworld if you stay on the roof near the respective biomes.

EDIT6:

same strat worked for Infernon. got the artifact material, a shield that is like an upgraded version of the Shield of Cthulhu and a yoyo called Eye of The Inferno which not only burns enemies but also shoots a flail that applies broken armor. pretty heavy stuff as replacement for the Amarok.

i went to fight Cryogen then, it took a bit of time because of the aerial style of the mob but it was doable. killed it 4 times so far but still no Cryo Stone so im gonna see if the last key is the win or if i have to buy more. among the loot is a mele weapon called Icebreaker which works like a thrown hammer, you can shoot several in succession at good range so im gonna use it as replacement for the Shard of Thanos until it get its 3rd upgrade.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:01:48 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: December 24, 2017, 06:19:04 pm »

Eh... it's a shame I don't think you're running one of the mods that lets you buy boss summoning items. If you are, or just have the materials to make them, a ten stack or so of king slimes generates somewhere in the range of 70+ souls. If you don't feel like zerging it (zerg pot is about as good as it gets, speed wise*), it's a pretty good way to farm up souls real quick like.

* Iirc, I spent prob five to seven minutes of a zerg pot in an appropriate biome (hallow, I think), and came out of it with (well) over 500 souls. Not sure what, if anything, can top that, heh.

E: Though now that I check, I might be confusing that with the fifty stack of king slimes soul pile. Eh.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:24:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: December 24, 2017, 11:31:02 pm »

rng was a bitch with Cryogen. had to kill it 19 times to get the stone. in the meantime of that time i tried fighting the mechanical bosses. the Destroyer was the first to fall, i tried Skeletron Prime but  the  head moves too fast for me to dodge, as for the Twins well, somehow Spazmatism was able to break throught my wall of damage mitigation, the first part of the fight was actually quite tame, dont know what happened or if it was because it gets massive damage under half health.

anyways. with the souls of might and the schematic i created a yoyo called The Probe. you can probably get what it does when i throw it. that's the replacement for the Eye of the Inferno. as for the rest of the material, i upgraded the Titanium broadsword into a Majestic Guard. its basically a bigass sword with better damage and autoswing speed, it would be even better if it wasnt because one of these mods makes knockback practically null or something like that (Spirit is to blame, people have been reporting it in the forum, it gimps melee quite a bit).

after i killed the first mech boss, the Spirit biome spawned right in the center of the Tundra. just came back from a Zerg potion madness trying to get as much material as i could so not to put a foot down there in the future (i hope). i even got a Spirit Mimic to spawn. it dropped a sword that i have yet to check.

im gonna see my current equipment to check on a strat to beat the remaining mechanical menaces. the order of the mods was Twins -> Destroyer -> Skeletron but that's just garbage, the first one as have always been the most fucked up to fight so i dont believe that.

im gonna try and get Skeletron but first i need to see if i can improve weaponry or defenses. i'll probably need a better mount, the Inferal Platform was good to replace the void gazer chariot (it can fit through doors) but i may need something much more agile for open field boss battles. the Wyvern is the best lead.

EDIT:

yeah after checking the Spirit loot i went to finish the Tracker's contracts until i got the wyvern mount in the shoplist. this was just what i needed to win against the remaining mechanical bosses (allthought i had to change to titanium with the twins, oh well).

i also crafted some potions just in case, but most of the work was on the mount that helped me outspeed the bosses during their charging attacks. the rest was spamming Icebreaker on them.

im gonna check the jungle tomorrow. need to start stocking on Chlorophyte or Perennial. probably Perennial, the Plantera fight will probably be a nightmare. but there's 3 bosses to be done before her which are Dusking, Ethereal Umbra and the Lich.

oh and there's also the issue of the Brimstone Elemental. and Calamitas after it. have to check actually.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:17:57 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: December 25, 2017, 11:02:53 am »

farmed a bit more of souls in order to craft some Ankh Shield materials. also, had to fight Skeletron Prime and the Destroyer again to replenish the souls. now i have to go farm essence of cinder because i need it to craft the Perennial bars. the ore has already been mined. it was easy to find the chunks in the explored tunnels.

after that its going into the jungle. just need 1 more material for the Ankh shield but it requires me to kill Derplings. also may need the turtle shells for future use.

EDIT:

yeah it only took a zerg potion to get the essence (i died tho, those fucking saucers deal too much damage and i got swarmed). anyways i got my Reaver armor set and spare metal to make some future crafting materials.

i went to the jungle and stayed half a day looking for Derplings and Turtles. it seems the essences have been released after killing all the mechanical bosses so, im going to check what i can craft out of that. right now im looking for Chlorophyte and Life Fruit while keeping an eye in case i find the Jungle Temple.

EDIT2:

spent a good time underground. my Demo's guidance lamp pet helps a lot on keeping stress out while spelunking and it helps a lot during boss battles. found enough to make a full set of turtle armor with spare ingots (i think) for anything i could need later on.

among the loot there was a Yelets, Feral Claws and Staff of Regrowth. couldnt find the Junle Temple but i can keep looking later on. there were also a few Life Fruit on the way down.

now im in the surface jungle trying to get a few more materials, mostly for the Turtle Armor and for the last item of the Ambrosial Ampoule. after this im going to see if i can kill the WoF a few more times because im gonna need another Warrior Emblem (spent the first one in the Artifact Accesory).

i also need another set of Feral Claws (one is for the Fire Gauntlet, the other is for an insignia). probably will have to go fishing, less problematic.

then after that. im gonna tackle the remaining bosses before Plantera.

EDIT3:

Turtle Armor crafted, but im still missing on some stuff, need the Frozen Turtle Shell. and also havent found a Moth for the last Ambrosial material. but i guess im gonna rest from the jungle for a while and tackle the other bosses. besides, im tanky as heck right now.

i fished a few jungle crates until it turned out another Feral Claws. with that im ready for a post-Moon Lord accesory but until then, there's only the Fire Gauntlet in the storage. speaking of that, i got enough Hallowed Bars from the mechs to make the next full upgrade of the storage room. i wont have to deal with that again until Shroomite/Spectre (cant remember).

i think im gonna go get essences while farming for souls and stuff. need to get as much as a i can to check what other things can be improved.

EDIT4:

ok so i got 10 of each Spirit essence and some of the Calamity essences. no more turtle shells for the Frozen Turtle Shell but that can be farmed quickly in the jungle. the bad thing right now is that there's no pirate invasion and i need to get the Flying Dutchman contract.

as for other events. well, i tried the post-mechanical boss version of the Tide. sadly the materials arent on the lvl of my current equipment so not much use for them (figures, this was probably pre-Mechanical bosses or Spirit items are usually low on power as a whole).

went to the Aquatic Depths and finally found a chest with the Sea Turtle Mystical Bulkwark, now i just need to farm Crown of Thorn Snails to get the last material of that other shield.

also went to the underworld to get more voodoo dolls but it was mostly a trip to the Profaned Crags, really eerie place, got like 80 units of Charred Ore from there and since the Spirit Biome didnt spawn at the edge like last time. i can actually do a hellevator right behind the Dungeon to reach the zone directly.

so yeah. gonna check the charred ore craftables then try and keep camping the underworld for those voodoo demons (dont know why the voodoo dolls arent sold in this game or at least with Calamity, its hard enough to see non-Red Devil demons at this point of the game).

EDIT5:

ok the Pre-Plantera Spirit bosses have been defeated. and as always the Illuminant Master is the longest to kill because of the teleporting mechanic, but oh well, i dont have to fight that thing again unless im planning to craft the 4th tier of artifact weapon.

most of the bosses didnt drop anything usefull. the Dusking gave one of the artifact materials, the Ethereal Umbra is mostly a resource boss so i got some Stellar Bars for an Stellar Blade which is a material too. the Illuminant Master gave the best drop with the Gastropod Staff i used in the summoner run. good improvement over the Ice Claspers which are too erratic for fights IMO.

i've already started the Pumpkin farm for the Lich (and the Pumpkin moon). in the meantime, i think im gonna do the hellevator to the Profaned Crags. the Brimstone Elemental will probably be a bitch to fight (as always) but i have faith in my damage reduction set.

specially taking in account that i've discovered the Yharim's Stimulants. pretty good stuff that one, i wonder if it stacks with other potions.

EDIT6:

even with that setup the Brimstone Elemental is a 50/50 fight. mostly because of the debuff. i need to be able to survive contact attack in order to drain her with the turtle armor. the turtle shield is really bad honestly, i was only getting healed for a mere 3-1 health. i thought it healed for 25% of the damage i took so it should be a bigger amount but oh well.

gonna test using the Shard of Thanos, even if its in the second tier. the Icebreaker doesnt seem to do anything against her.

i need to get the Abaddon out of her so i can become inmune to the debuff. else i wont be able to do the fight against Calamitas either.

EDIT7:

had to wait for a while because ran out of stimulants and had to get more cavefish. made another try against the Brimstone Elemental and she dropped both the Abaddon and the Rose Stone. so i dont have to fight that bitch again.

went against Calamitas and well, trying to go full hero style with the broadsword is just idiotic, had to instead rely on spamming Icebreaker on her and her brothers. as always the boss never drops what i want to it will take a time to get the Chaos Stone.

i could go for Plantera but that is probably not a good idea yet.

EDIT8:

yeah had to kill Calamitas a couple of times (less than 8 tho, not sure) for her to drop the Chaos Stone. on the good side i got some dank stuff like Red's Throw or the Entropy's Vigil for summon backup. so i've already replaced both minions and yoyo. she dropped the Oblivion yoyo too but 68 damage doesnt seem to convicing even if it shoots brimstone lasers. i have the summons for that coverage.

the most hilarious is that RNG started going into my favor during the last fight, there was a sudden sandstorm and a Sand Elemental appeared in the interlude, had to not only rush to kill her but also to take care of the elemental at the same time. first Sand Elemental that i kill in this run and it precisely drops the Rare Waifu in a Bottle. and then, after getting the Chaos Stone, i return to keep farming for elementals, then the second Sand Elemental to appear drops the normal Waifu in a Bottle.

so now im only 2 items out of the waifu item again, both are boss battles so it will probably be farm fest all over again. lets hope both the Leviathan and the Plaguebringer Goliath wont require such copious amounts of fighting.

im gonna start checking for life fruit. there's nothing more to be done for now. allthought there's still the thing with the Pirates and then there's the issue of the Moth i need to kill to get the last Ambrosial material.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:51:29 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: December 26, 2017, 11:39:08 am »

last thing of yesterday i stayed extra late to camp the ocean for Pirate Maps. it was a full moon so plenty of chances to get the Moon Charm too. the Pirates didnt pose a problem with current equipment got most of the goodies including the Cursed Medallion artifact material. which means im short of 1 artifact item to upgrade the Shard of Thanos to tier 3.

after that i went to the jungle with Spelunker and Battle potions to hunt for the missing Life Fruit and the Moth. explored a good chunk of the east side of the jungle but still no Jungle Temple, its weird honestly. but anyways i got the materials i wanted, and i even got to kill Dr. Bones.

the bad side is that a Solar Eclipse started and i was killed by an Ichor Pod so i had to go and face the event until i was a capable of leaving everything in the storage. got killed 2 times more during the long day but was able to kill and get most of the important stuff out of the movie monsters.

i think im gonna go and farm the Mechanical Bosses for the last artifact. need to kill Skeletron Prime until it drops it.

then once i've upgraded the artifact im gonna go and face Plantera.

EDIT:

spent too much time trying to get the artifact material but nope, Skeletron Prime is being bitchy, maybe later. went to the jungle to take on Plantera, i was able to kill her without much hassle, seems the fixes for her Revengeance AI were fitting and i was able to kite her in open space. she also drops an artifact material for the final tier but most important would be to kill her for the life shards or whatever their called.

anyways, i went to the dungeon to get the biome chest items but got gutted by mobs, i forgot the dungeon becomes hard after Plantera (thought it was after the Golem but oh well). got to open 3 of the 4 chests, the jungle one was missing, i know i've seen it but i have to check the map to go straight to it. got the black belt from one of the Bone Lees and filled the last contract so now i can buy the Black Weapons from the Tracker.

have to check if there was a Ninja Tabi too. just for collection. i also got some ectoplasm and ectoblood.

EDIT2:

something happened to the Cellphone, not sure where i lost it actually, really weird, best lead i had was that it may have disappeared when i died mid teleporting. so im gonna have to do some cheating this time (aint farming for that shit all over again). gonna have to use inventory editor or something.

but firt, i want to stay in the dungeon for a while. mostly because i need the Ectoplasm and also, because i need a Paladin's Shield. the Vampire Knives and the Calamitamini should be more than enough to keep enemies dead while waiting for the mob to spawn.

EDIT3:

no Paladin for the time i was there, but i got a lot of ecto materials so im going to check if i can upgrade the Storage again (among other things). tried using an online inventory editor but since TModloader uses like 2 PLR files i dont know what to expect. guess i'll have to play by the rules and craft the Cellphone again. well i dont really need everything just the GPS and Lifeform Analyzer. the rest of the items arent actually needed for anything. and the fishing station has the sonar potion effect so i dont really need a fish finder to know my power.

im gonan just roll with that yeah. good old recall potions.

EDIT4:

tried to find the last shield item in the Aquatic Depths but turns out that killing Plantera changes the area so i got ganked 2 times by Abyssion. tried to fight the Leviathan but couldnt keep up even with vampire knives. i need something more potent to win this fight.

the Siren's projectiles deal a lot of damage even with current damage reduction items and its almost like i cant sustain enough from the Vampire Knives, not even with the lifesteal glyph. so i dont really know how to win this time with melee.

guess i'll have to skip those and go straight to the Golem.

on the good side, i got the Siren's Heart which is for most purposes better than even the Celestial Shell (i think). im gonna use it or something. maybe it helps me.

EDIT5:

yup, the Golem was the easiest of the bunch. rather than being a damage bully the boss in Revengeance is a fucking damage sponge. in this case the arms cannot be destroyed anymore and it gets higher defenses on the second phase so it takes a big amount of time to shred it while keeping yourself alive.

the good part is that once it died it dropped the Picksaw so i was able to get the altar and GTFO off the temple. i shouldnt have to worry about that until the Ravager fight since i need Lizhard brick to make the summon item.

the Siren's Heart is a good item for general purposes so it stays for now. now that the Golem is kill i promptly crafted the Beetle Armor set with the defense part. 45% damage reduction from the beetles + current equipment should help me to survive these last bosses. specially after seeing what they do against Turtle Armor.

there wasnt a sun stone in the loot bag but since the Celestial Shell doesnt seem to have any use in Calamity i dont see why bother.

finally i have the materials to craft Asgard's Valor. i dont need the dash tho so its mostly a stat thing. should help me a lot for future use. it seems i can now mine Chaotic Ore so i guess its coming to the underworld all over again. at least for farming a bit. there's a some good weapons to be crafted from there. and i need something with homing capabilities because the Siren requires too much movement.

EDIT6:

Abyssion down, the new yoyo i crafted was capable of keeping me alive during the whole fight allthought the final phases were much more harder due to the amount of stuff moving around in the water. but yeah, last Thorium boss before the Ragnarok.

i've also farmed Plantera and Queen Bee for some materials. right now my equipment can shred throught most bosses but i still cant kill the Leviathan. bringing the Siren to half health is easy. surviving the onslaught that comes later is nigh impossible. too much damage for all the stuff on screen.

so i guess is to farm whatever is missing

EDIT7:

solar eclipse has been farmed successfully. got enough Broken Hero Swords to craft some required stuff. also got the Mothron Wings. only thingmissing was The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo allthought idont remember how much damage it dished (probably less than the Chaotrix im using).

after that i made some fishing to replenish the stock of Yharim's Stimulants and also crafted something called Titanic Scale Potion which is basically a melee focused potion made out of Titan Potionsa nd Beetle Husk.

i also bought a special sword called "Wyvern Slayer" which is basically a huge projectile sword with a gimmick, left click swings the sword and shoots a wave that expands while it traves then right click makes it autoswing in a stabbing motion similar to a Spear. it has quite the amount of damage actually with all the stuff im using. sadly since its a projectile sword it doesnt get the 20% bonus of the Counter Scarf (alltought im not even using that thing actually, maybe i should).

also the sword is a Berserk reference :P

anyways, after that i tried myself against the Pumpkin Moon with this melee setup and the Black Cane minions. the new sword got me up until wave 11-12, then i had to start flying and kiting the Pumpkings with Infernal Scythes which are well an autoswinging boomerang, you can basically keep on shooting them while moving. the best part is that you can exploit them for massive damage. because they still do damage while returning so flying and moving in a circular motion creates a big ball of them that you can direct throughout the waves of enemies.

so all i had to do was move the deadly ball vertically for Pumpkings, then go flat horizontally to shred the waves of Mourning Woods and other remaining enemies. the best part is that the weapon produces an explosion when hitting the target so it was a lot of explosions at the same time. the only thing i had to make sure was to keep pace and gather the candy cane in the ground to replenish health.

didnt die a single time and made a lot of money out of it. got all the stuff from the event basically. and more than a single stack of Spooky Wood forsome other purposes. i only needed that event to craft a sword out of the Horseman's Blade.

im done for today. tomorrow im gonna tackle the Frost Moon, but before that i have to go get some souls of light and night.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:02:23 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:31 pm »

farmed the souls of night for making some keys, the Crimson Mimics didnt drop anything i needed. went to do the Frost Moon then, survived until wave 15, maybe i should have brought the accesory that grants inmunity to frost based debuffs but anyways, got all that i needed. even the North Pole. so its op success.

went to the hallow, there was a mimic there too but dropped the daedalus stormbow, got enough souls to make 2 keys. the third Hallowed Mimic worked and dropped a Celestial Claymore. im only 1 sword out of the Exoblade.

as for other content, i returned to the dungeon to do a quest for the Adventurer. the lootbags from Antiaris have crazy stuff in hardmode, i've seen up to Chlorophyte dropped from those, so its a win win situation for me because i need the chlorophyte for those storage upgrades. so far i've only been able to do 1.

i could make a farm tho but well. not too fast compared to mission running. allthought the loot is tied to RNG.

the dungeon was dank because i had battle potion, water candle and a Blood Moon spawned. but even like it didnt spawn enough Paladins. only found like 2. maybe i should bring a Zerg potion instead. (it may be suicidal tho). i was in the correct wall background if anything, just that every other mob spawned, i need the shield for something else.

among the loot of the dungeon there were 2 weapos from Spirit mod, one is a Scythe/Hammer that shoots cursed projectiles (143 base damage sounds fairly good for the powerlvl you are at the time) the other is a summon weapon that spawns Terror Fiends, these have slightly more damage than my Black Cane minions (withouth stacking their buff) but they are contact minions which should help me a lot against that stupid Siren.

the Terror Fiend even buffs other summons so it bonuses a hybrid minions playstyle, it gives extra damage and knockback to other minions, not sure for how long, tooltip says 1 minute but i've seen that in most modded summon weapons so not really sure.

i also got enough of Thermite ore to craft a sentry summon weapon called Core Controller. it spawns a red tank minion that works as a sentry but it actually moves and seeks enemies. must be really dank with extra sentry equipment like the Valhalla Knight Armor.

im gonna try and tackle the Leviathan with these new toys. hopefully it will be kill this time.

EDIT:

it worked. props for adding the bee enchant to the summon weapon because it added a little bit of extra damage. the bosses got me on my toes, specially the Siren because she does that lunging move where she starts going really fast to keep close on you. then after killing her the Leviathan goes enraged and starts spamming those flaming balls and it takes a lot of time to kill.

i got the Bottomless Water Bucket and at least 3 weapons with a Laudanum and the Ambergris. the sad part is that i didnt get the waifu item. but since this is the first Leviathan kill of the run im gonna go farm that one later.

next stop is farming the Astral Meteor for the Astrum Deus. shouldnt be too hard seeing that its a worm enemy.

EDIT2:

farmed a lot of Stardust before anything. got some more stuff because the meteor fell in a crimson desert so yeah, swarmed with a lot of stuff but the Terror Fiend was more than enough. the Astrum Deus fight was a close one, not because of the worms but because of those orbs flying around the screen had only a few remaining health for a good part of the battle but i was able to come on top.

i mined the entire meteor to keep material just in case. was able to craft most of the needed stuff for future use. maxed and increased health and mana along with leaving some Astral Bars for the next mana increase consumable.

i also check on the bar of life stock, keeping some for crafting some critical swords for the post-Moon Lord stuff.

im gonna try tackling Duke Fishron. Beetle Armor should be more than enough to survive taking in account this is a vanilla boss (even with Revengeance stuf it shouldnt bee too hard). but before that i want to go an get that Paladin Shield. had the material to make a Zerg Potion to see if it helps.

EDIT3:

yeah the Zerg Potion worked, buti had to kill a lot of Paladins until one dropped the shield. i got a tally counter too and a nazar. i still have a spare frozen turtle shell just in case.

some of the bags dropped by Robber npc's have Chlorophyte so i got enough bars to do 4 more storage upgrades. the only thing that stops me from doing more is mostly the mushrooms. you need a lot to do a single shroomite bar and i need 5 of them for each upgrade. there's 4 missing to complete this tier of storage so i need 20 shroomite and 20 spectre. 40 Chlorophyte in total, not counting the copious amount of mushrooms.

i also took the time to check on the Spirit Chests locked high in some floating islands over the Spirit Biome. seems each one of them has a weapon for each class, and each one is themed about doing several frames of damage per hit or something like that. i  looked until i found a Ghastly Blade but the damage seems subpar compared to the rest of my stuff.

i used the currentsetup to fight Duke Fishron. first parts of the fight were doable. but i got rekt in the final phase. just needed a few more seconds to hit on the greater healing potion to keep on going.

i'll tackle the other bosses then. first one shold be Atlas, the last Spirit boss before the Overseer. and then the Plaguebringuer Goliath, then The Ravager. dis gon be gud.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:54:53 pm by xaritscin »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: December 27, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »

I do like reading all about this story and adventure of yours, but sadly its laking pictures :D. Keep it on!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 887