Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1239045 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13035 on: May 01, 2018, 08:33:43 pm »

Also, beef up your fishing. Fishing is stupidly unbalanced and can give you lots of nice things, like a hellstone-equivalent pickaxe from just fishing in the ocean.
That's some of the best and least-known advice I've seen, and I can confirm that the items and materials you get from fishing are pretty bonkers. If you can get your hands on crate potions and fishing potions (preferably simultaneously), you'll be rolling in ore, money, alchemy ingredients and rare items faster than a hellevator miner with four stacks of dynamite.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: May 01, 2018, 11:08:29 pm »

Agreed.  While it's a bit late now, it's also worth noting that crates are checked when you open them rather than when you obtain them.  One of my last steps before going after the Wall of Flesh last time I played was to fish up a bunch of crates, which I then saved to open once I activated Hard Mode.  I ended up with enough Hard Mode ores to forge all the weapons and armor I wanted without cracking a single altar. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: May 02, 2018, 04:25:35 am »

I tend to do the same, except instead of storing the crates as items I tend to place them around the hometown. It starts looking like one giant warehouse city by the time hardmode is engaged. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:07 am »

I like the looks of the wood/metal crates best for that, which is great because the wooden ones tend to pile up and there's not much interesting in them after the first few are opened. A lovely decorative item.

Then just put a chest in along with the crates to store all the gold and biome crates, because fuck physics.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: May 02, 2018, 07:15:49 am »

The corruption tunnels are pretty much nothing compared to Skeletron/the Dungeon, and the Eater of Worlds is probably the easiest Expert Mode boss because it really doesn't gain much in the way of new tricks.

Honestly I'm not quite sure what your plan is, here.
I really didn't expect him to be that tough. I mean, you just build a few platforms, and talk to the old dude. What could possibly go wrong.

It's been a while, but he definitely used to be easier.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: May 02, 2018, 07:06:51 pm »

Oh, right. Fishing. I think the glitch is still active if you want to save time? Definitely is if modloader's running.

Basically, have autopause on. Cast the fishing lure, then open your inventory, throw something out of it (1 torch, piece of gel, a copper piece, whatever), and close the inventory. Voila, more lines cast. Repeat as you please. Soooo much faster >_<
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: August 11, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »

dont know what's the Relogic team cooking that it takes so much for 1.3.6 to come up but it seems there's some interesting stuff coming up:

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

i'd also recommend looking at the mod updates. Tmodloader got updated and some of the big mods got new stuff. would specially recommend checking the recent changes in Calamity and Thorium, Antiaris too.

UPDATE: from the wiki articles

-Flying Mounts can fly through Platforms smoothly.
-Biome Crates are now guaranteed to have a Biome Chest item.
-Meteors will never land on the Dungeon.
-Stake Launcher now works correctly with Archery Potions and quivers.
-Players must be within 300 tiles of the broken Larva for the Queen Bee to spawn.

YES, YESSSSSS! NO MORE CRATE GRIND!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:39:51 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: June 10, 2019, 06:13:56 pm »

bringing this one back from the deep to post the following news:

Terraria 1.4 "Journey's End" is coming for PC (it seems they decided to stretch all the way to the next number)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77Zfzy4LWw

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13043 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:50 am »

Shit just when I thought I was done with Terraria

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: June 11, 2019, 05:19:08 am »

I'm not even done with what's already there.

Terraria may be the first game in history that has too much content.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:20:39 am by Blue_Dwarf »
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:58 am »

I'm not even done with what's already there.

Terraria may be the first game in history that has too much content.
So true, so true.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: June 11, 2019, 11:27:28 am »

the sad part is that this will apparently be the last content patch. or at least the last BIG content patch, there's something about 800+ items along with some kind of revision for the whole items/gameplay and world gen.

Terraria has had its fair share of lifetime anyways and the community was patient enough to wait for each update, i guess is fitting that Re-Logic may want to finally finish the game with a bang and move on to their next big project. their flagship game will probably take a lot of time to die out thanks to the modding community and the streamers, there's no other game like this one so it will take a lot of time before we see a fitting successor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: June 15, 2019, 08:00:45 pm »

*insert yet another distant wail at mod compatibility getting fucked up again*

At least hopefully this one will actually be the last. No more watching months/years of mod development getting sideswiped by surprise update once this batch gets done with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:45 pm »

It's strange that I had a sudden urge to play this just before news of the patch dropped. I also had a similar urge to play Starbound before that patch came as well, though I never got around to it.

On the world I've been playing, I've discovered that a good chunk of the Dungeon got nommed by the main Crimson area. Ouch. And I think this also messed up the generation of the Crimson, since there's way too many altars in a line, plus a large number of hearts up high in the open rather than buried under crimstone.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: June 16, 2019, 03:56:24 am »

Crimson gives zero fucks. I was going around trying to sanitize/quarantine a world pre-hardmode so that the spread would be more easily contained once I went over, and after painstakingly trimming the surface world I discovered that a teeny tiny crimson microbiome had in fact generated *inside* the jungle, deep within the jungle's borders.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 887