Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1237019 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13065 on: June 20, 2019, 06:53:33 am »

The supporty bits of a terrarium can be other materials. No, what that means is you have to backwall the entire jungle with glass if you're going to use some other materials for the boundary markers.

... or be a bit more sane and just do a bit off the side for aesthetic effect. Incidentally, I'm not sure how easy editing a mod is, but if it's not too bad and works in MP there's totally instant hellavator items in mods. One I use regularly has grey brick, torches, and rope, but if you could change that to living mahogany and glass (and probably vine rope! And those shrine torches, probably.) it'd be an incredible time saver.

alternatively, just take tedit to the map at some point to make the containment parts :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: June 20, 2019, 10:57:28 am »

But half the fun is engineering elegant/creative/aesthetically pleasing solutions with the limited tools that are available.

If you remove the problem, you also remove the reason for there to be a solution.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: June 20, 2019, 12:17:40 pm »

I don't necessarily disagree, but building hellavators/containment ditches are enough of a repetitive time consuming pain the arse without making it aesthetically pleasing. It and multi-mod housing* are two of the things I blame no one for just... not... dealing with.

* When you have like twenty or thirty NPCs and don't want to go without chunks of them, you can either build housing or play the game. Not so much both. There's a mod that auto-gens minimalist housing based on number of potential residents and it is a godsend.
Ask not!
Ask!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: June 21, 2019, 04:55:28 am »

Terraria multiplayer was good times. Good frigging times.

But yeah, there's always some wankers who just go rush all the chests, bring in outside items, and endgame everything instantly.

Have some pictures from Bay12 years and years ago:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was there for this, it was good fun. I remember the roof of the compound people had built just perpetually had Eyes of Cthulu circling it, sometimes tens. I think that was the same server with the model penis.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: June 21, 2019, 04:58:41 pm »

... vanilla instant hellavators? That's a planned addition?
Ask not!
Ask!

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: May 15, 2020, 10:53:35 pm »

Terraria 1.4 is about to come out and apparently, theyll open source terraria:otherworld if they get 100000 petitions http://chng.it/FFGRB8YsYY

we're almost at 30k

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:56:21 pm by em312s0n »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: May 16, 2020, 03:15:38 am »

Is that a sequel?
Love, scriver~

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: May 16, 2020, 05:05:44 am »

It was a spinoff that never came to be.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: May 16, 2020, 08:06:03 am »

Well, i signed for your sake. You better be proud of me!
Love, scriver~

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: May 16, 2020, 10:42:19 am »

Thumbs up my dude! also 2 hours left before 1.4 release cant wait.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: May 16, 2020, 10:49:18 am »

I'll admit, it just occurred to me that I'm hoping the modloader dlc inclusion means hour 0 magic storage update. Like, I want to play the new stuff but I'm also not sure I can stomach not having that anymore. The functionality/quality of life difference vs standard storage/crafting is just... stark. Extremely so. Vanilla chest/crafting/etc. management is honestly kinda' a pain in the ass, whereas magic storage (especially in conjunction with the recipe browser!) just. Isn't. A pain in the ass, bar a mild, short lived, period prior to getting the heart et al setup.

I can do without basically all the other mods I've habitually been playing with for the last while, but no magic storage? Not. Not sure on that one.

E: oh hahaha the update's getting rid of throwing damage entirely, thas probably gon break the fuck out of content mods, oh my

E2: Update would appear to be live! I guess I'ma try it and see what happens...
E2.5: Also modloader is available directly through steam, as well. Doesn't look like you get it through where you'd think (terraria's dlcs), but it does show up if you search the store for tmodloader.
E2.6: Okay, currently it appears modloader just loads the game in 1.3.5 mode, which is... fair enough, I guess.

E3: Aww yeah baby werfault right out the gate. Checking steam discussion suggests it's happening to quite a few folks. Fecal matter has impacted the oscillating rotary device :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:31:44 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: May 16, 2020, 12:53:23 pm »

Loaded up the world I've been playing the past few days. Unlike what other people seem to be experiencing, it loaded up just fine. Except all my NPCs seem to be flipping pissed because I have everyone in a single bunker. Now they want to be shacked near(and away from) specific people in specific biomes. Yeeaahno. You were born in the Vault, you will die(and respawn) in the Vault.

Also noticed the bestiary. And that there's a bestiary entry for every variation of zombie and demon eye. Information is unlocked based on kills... for each separate variation. It could also be tied to receiving banners; I got slightly more info on one type of zombie after getting a zombie banner. I don't know if that was coincidental or not. Boss info(tested on Eye of Cthulhu) unlocks completely after one kill. The Space Gun sound is different, sounds like it was ripped from Star Wars, and I don't like it as much as the old. Critters also have bestiary info - these do not appear to be tied to killing them, possibly just having one spawned in your area seems to count.

A few lines from the guide suggests that there's at least one new (pre-Hardmode) NPC to find...
He also gives information on the Stylist(I haven't gotten her yet in this world, but I do have a spot she can spawn in) if you haven't recruited her yet.

As far as I can tell, there's only one new achievment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: May 16, 2020, 01:04:31 pm »

Super hard reinstall (complete deletion of all existing terraria files, then going from there) seems to have cleared up the crashing, at least. Time to see what this master mess is about :P

E: Holy shit dandelions will effing destroy you. Master level difficulty apparently doesn't screw around at all, and will cheerfully throw things that will straight up one-shot a starting character into immediate range of spawn. Yikes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:15:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: May 16, 2020, 01:22:44 pm »

I also did a wipe-and-install, just as a precaution.  (Actually I renamed the Terraria game directory to keep the previous version.)  I also wiped my achievements, starting from scratch.

The update seems a nice mix of familiar and new.
  • One new non-cosmetic block is available early.
  • I saw an interesting mob the first night.
  • I got an early summoner item.  Very nice.
  • The chiptune music still drives me crazy.  I lasted two hours.
  • I hate that Ctrl-click is Sell Item as well as Trash Item, but Shift-click is Move Item.  Shift-click used to be Sell, right?
So far I'm enjoying it, but it's not really sucking me in.  I'm not seeing much new stuff in the early game.  Certainly nothing that's changing my gameplay style.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 04:20:20 pm by 0x517A5D »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: May 16, 2020, 04:11:05 pm »

Not only do the NPCs hate living in a bunker together, it makes their prices worse. Not sure how it affects other things, like the Goblin's Reforge ability, but I did dump well over 100 gold on trying to get Legendary on a Night's Edge(and didn't succeed). Could just be bad luck, but still.

The only new NPC I've recruited so far is
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 887